Teenage owners - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #281
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Yeah my dad didn't want me with any more horsepower than I already had with my speeding tickets and totalled car..

I'm saving for the 50th anniv!
Oh dang lol. That's awesome! Sorry about the accident. I've been lucky enough to get no tickets or accidents. North houston cops are awesome. I've been pulled over 7 times no exaggeration and only got warnings
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #282
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau

Oh dang lol. That's awesome! Sorry about the accident. I've been lucky enough to get no tickets or accidents. North houston cops are awesome. I've been pulled over 7 times no exaggeration and only got warnings
Its okay he will be missed :/
Lucky! The police down here are usually very humorous just depends on who you get, they will often times let you off if you make them smile

That's odd when we were driving through TX my mum wouldn't let me speed because she said the cops are vicious! Probably because were out of state :/
Old 12-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #283
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Its okay he will be missed :/
Lucky! The police down here are usually very humorous just depends on who you get, they will often times let you off if you make them smile

That's odd when we were driving through TX my mum wouldn't let me speed because she said the cops are vicious! Probably because were out of state :/
Well I heard the same thing about west Texas because they have nothing better too do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #284
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well I heard the same thing about west Texas because they have nothing better too do
Probably true
Old 12-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #285
Registered Member
Regular

My GT is standard! Haha but I've gotten 2 speeding tickets I just think of it as a subscription fee to go as fast as I want whenever I want
2005GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #286
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005GT
I just think of it as a subscription fee to go as fast as I want whenever I want
Yeah that quote wins. Ha!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #287

Region: Minnesota
Just got dads old car in process of getting it to it's peak again but it's still frickin sweet, I love the look of the classics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-847573467.png
Views:	86
Size:	875.7 KB
ID:	35303   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1890284611.png
Views:	84
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	35304  

Kcarl218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #288
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcarl218
Just got dads old car in process of getting it to it's peak again but it's still frickin sweet, I love the look of the classics
My jealousy.... you completely own it!!
I got on my knees and begged my parents for that car!!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #289

Well it's a "father son project" but so far the only person doing anything is me. It's in his name but I do all the work and all the drivin, other than the title it's mine. It would be nice for him to help out, and I'm sure you know that when your puttin new stuff on it or in is alot of them parts ain't the lightest so it would be nice to have an extra hand around so you don't screw anything up or ding the body
Old 12-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #290
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Well it's a "father son project" but so far the only person doing anything is me. It's in his name but I do all the work and all the drivin, other than the title it's mine. It would be nice for him to help out, and I'm sure you know that when your puttin new stuff on it or in is alot of them parts ain't the lightest so it would be nice to have an extra hand around so you don't screw anything up or ding the body
That's an awesome car man, am I correct it thinking that it's a Mach 1?
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #291

Yes sir
Old 12-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #292
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes sir
Awesome I love those cars, yours is gorgeous for sure.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #293
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Sir I do believe I hate u lol jk bro sic ride is it a fast back? If so I'd honestly sell it for like 15-20k and buy a termi or build a gt to stomp a termi :p
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #294

Well thanks, I have looked at this car forever, it sat in our garage for over twenty years doing nothing but collecting dust, it was half apart. I was tired of looking at it like that. It deserved more, so I slowly started putting it back together. I finally got it running, just in time for my senior year.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #295
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well thanks, I have looked at this car forever, it sat in our garage for over twenty years doing nothing but collecting dust, it was half apart. I was tired of looking at it like that. It deserved more, so I slowly started putting it back together. I finally got it running, just in time for my senior year.
That's awesome. For your tuning issue of recommend posting in the early 'stang area those guys are bound to know what to do.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #296

Yea, I don't really know a whole lot about car carbs but anything else I'm good with, I know they work the same way they just look so different and I don't want to screw anything up.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #297
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea, I don't really know a whole lot about car carbs but anything else I'm good with, I know they work the same way they just look so different and I don't want to screw anything up.
I know what you mean, what kind of carb do you have?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #298

If I remember right it's a 600 four barrel with electric choke, my friends dad had it on his cobra but it didn't like to work right because it gets really hot under the hood of that car
Old 12-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #299
Registered Member
Regular

It's been over a year since I worked on a carb, umm let me remember. You should have 4 fuel mixture screws, if I remember right you want to hook up a vacuum gauge to it and and adjust the screws to achieve as much vacuum as you an if I remember correctly. Last time I tried I ended up running extremely rich.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #300

Yea I have been tuning it by ear lately. I need to get some higher tech tools, how much do you think one of those vacuum gages will be?
Old 12-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #301
Registered Member
Regular

I honestly don't know, my dad had one laying around when I tuned my old mustang. I'd check a parts store like auto zone or something.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #302

Alright, I'll talk to my shop teacher too, he's not a ford guy but I'm sure he knows carbs
Old 12-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #303
Registered Member
Regular

He should be able to help a bunch, I know my old teacher did
Old 12-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #304
Registered Member
Regular

Well guys it's official I CAN drive lol blew my tire going 70-75 tonight
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-604291130.png
Views:	69
Size:	874.3 KB
ID:	35449   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3239759694.png
Views:	66
Size:	890.1 KB
ID:	35450  

2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #305
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang
Well guys it's official I CAN drive lol blew my tire going 70-75 tonight
How did that happen going 70 mph? Bad tires?
98projectpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #306
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98projectpony

How did that happen going 70 mph? Bad tires?
It had a nail in it which I knew but thought it was alright I had just got the car running right and was headed home and got to about 70-75 and I heard a boom and something hit my wheel well so I hurries up and got off the road slid sideways in the median a little and some how found that mess
Old 12-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #307
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
This is a retarded thread
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #308
Registered Member
Regular

Why is that?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:34 AM   #309
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
Why is that?
It just is, I bought my car when I was a sophomore in high school and never ever "bragged about it" and the kids at my school who did just looked like d bags.. This thread is labeled 'teenage owners' it screams we're all d bag/cocky kids who think its impressive to have a mustang while under the age of 20.. I don't know I guess I was always humble and never really even talked about my car unless somebody asked even then I felt as if I was flaunting it.. I just can't stand it.. And you'd be surprised at how many idiotic teens cruise in their stangs music full blown windows all down.. As if it's cool.. I See that crap everyday and it makes me wanna rip a kid out of the car and smack em' this thread reminds me of those kinds of kids. Be humble nobody is impressed that your in high school and have a mustang (its not much of a feat honestly)the people who are impressed will come to you.. Sorry this wasn't directed at you dude. Kind of just like a big picture post for any cocky kid who comes across it.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Not to mention it appears as if it has gone completely off topic.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

I'm also not claiming anyone on here is being a d bag or bragging, that all was simply based on the title. I did not read any posts. But check yourself before you wreck yourself or you'll look back when you've matured and think "wow I was a moron no wonder everyone disliked me" haha!! Later Justin Biebers!!
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #310
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Your so right. I totally brag about my car. Damn your smart
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #311
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11

It just is, I bought my car when I was a sophomore in high school and never ever "bragged about it" and the kids at my school who did just looked like d bags.. This thread is labeled 'teenage owners' it screams we're all d bag/cocky kids who think its impressive to have a mustang while under the age of 20.. I don't know I guess I was always humble and never really even talked about my car unless somebody asked even then I felt as if I was flaunting it.. I just can't stand it.. And you'd be surprised at how many idiotic teens cruise in their stangs music full blown windows all down.. As if it's cool.. I See that crap everyday and it makes me wanna rip a kid out of the car and smack em' this thread reminds me of those kinds of kids. Be humble nobody is impressed that your in high school and have a mustang (its not much of a feat honestly)the people who are impressed will come to you.. Sorry this wasn't directed at you dude. Kind of just like a big picture post for any cocky kid who comes across it.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Not to mention it appears as if it has gone completely off topic.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

I'm also not claiming anyone on here is being a d bag or bragging, that all was simply based on the title. I did not read any posts. But check yourself before you wreck yourself or you'll look back when you've matured and think "wow I was a moron no wonder everyone disliked me" haha!! Later Justin Biebers!!
I started this thread. And in no way is it how you see it. I wanted to see other kids with mustangs and see what they have done to them. And that alone. And if that's bragging then im sorry my parents bought me a car? You seem to be a little less mature than the teenagers who post on this. And if you want to rip some head off? Come on, just because your older, doesn't make you bigger or a better man in any way. Calm down or unsubscribe
Old 12-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #312
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I think i know what dubya is saying, about the kids who just recieve a car and act very cocky and put people down about their rides, thinking theirs is superior. I found alot of that in high school with cocky kids being idiots, but i dont see that happening here. sure alot of the kids in here had their parents buy them the cars they own, but its a forum that they're sharing their cars, not exactly showing off and being cocky. Every mustang owner is at least somewhat cocky, and thats just from pride in owning a mustang. I got my mustang at 19, as a gift for scoring high on the GED exam, used all my money towards it and had the rest paid for me. I absolutely love the car, and like to show it off. Its not the biggest and the best, but you work with whatcha have. No need for hostile actions in a forum. Just my two cents. Also, nice cars everyone.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #313
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6
I think i know what dubya is saying, about the kids who just recieve a car and act very cocky and put people down about their rides, thinking theirs is superior. I found alot of that in high school with cocky kids being idiots, but i dont see that happening here. sure alot of the kids in here had their parents buy them the cars they own, but its a forum that they're sharing their cars, not exactly showing off and being cocky. Every mustang owner is at least somewhat cocky, and thats just from pride in owning a mustang. I got my mustang at 19, as a gift for scoring high on the GED exam, used all my money towards it and had the rest paid for me. I absolutely love the car, and like to show it off. Its not the biggest and the best, but you work with whatcha have. No need for hostile actions in a forum. Just my two cents. Also, nice cars everyone.
Totally agree with ya I've seen cock kids in hs I've had a supercharged 5.0 a 67 coupe and now my 02 and I never brag just proud to have had the chance to own the cars I've paid for around half or a little more of all my past cars but this 02 has been all me
Old 12-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #314
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang

Totally agree with ya I've seen cock kids in hs I've had a supercharged 5.0 a 67 coupe and now my 02 and I never brag just proud to have had the chance to own the cars I've paid for around half or a little more of all my past cars but this 02 has been all me
Killing the thread here...
Old 12-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #315
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Killing the thread here...
I'm killing the thread?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion