What should I get? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What should I get?

My birthdays coming up in a couple months and I definitely want something for my car. I was thinking about getting a tuner. But since I got my car already supercharged I'm guessing it's already been tuned. I'm a little afraid of trying to tune it my self and messing something up. What would u guys recommend? Or do u guys have any other ideas for new mods?
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Re: What should I get?

i have a predator tuner, i can use the CAN tune or i can email a guy with my mods and he will give me a custom tune. i think the custom tune is like $25? i havent gotten a custom tune yet coz im only mildly modded.
have you upgraded your oil pan yet?
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8
i have a predator tuner, i can use the CAN tune or i can email a guy with my mods and he will give me a custom tune. i think the custom tune is like $25? i havent gotten a custom tune yet coz im only mildly modded.
have you upgraded your oil pan yet?
Does it feel different with the tune? And no I haven't and I doubt the last owner did either. What does that help me out for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

Does it feel different with the tune? And no I haven't and I doubt the last owner did either. What does that help me out for?
The upgraded oil pan is shaped so that during acceleration and braking your engine won't starve for oil also it lowers the oil away from the moving parts freeing up HP.
Yes I noticed a difference, its wasn't like night and day but noticeable. The more mods you have the bigger difference it will make if ur not tuned already. (Also 6ers feel a big difference for some reason)
Old 02-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: What should I get?

What other mods do you have now? A CDT would give you a great piece of mind for the safety of your engine!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The upgraded oil pan is shaped so that during acceleration and braking your engine won't starve for oil also it lowers the oil away from the moving parts freeing up HP.
Yes I noticed a difference, its wasn't like night and day but noticeable. The more mods you have the bigger difference it will make if ur not tuned already. (Also 6ers feel a big difference for some reason)
Oh I see. What oil pan did u get? Where did u find it? I think I would probably do that as well. And yeah the tuner is something I've been wanting for a while.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
What other mods do you have now? A CDT would give you a great piece of mind for the safety of your engine!
Well besides the supercharger I have an x pipe..catted. Not sure what kind of exhausts I have. It says the name stamped on them but I just haven't took the time to clean them up and read it lol. Theyre like oval shaped and set up as side exhausts. I'm not sure if I have gears or not but I have pretty good response. My intake seems to be all from vortech except for the tube after the filter and the actual filter. Not sure what those are. I can't really think of much more that's been done to it. I'm sure a lot of other little things but that would of been from the last owner so I'm not too sure. I want to start adding stuff tho to make it feel "mine" you kno?

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
And what's cdt?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

Oh I see. What oil pan did u get? Where did u find it? I think I would probably do that as well. And yeah the tuner is something I've been wanting for a while.
The oil pan I have was on the car when I got it and its been painted so I don't know what the brand is, its kinda boxy looking. AM has some, they can get a bit pricy IMO. aparently they keep the oil cool as well.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The oil pan I have was on the car when I got it and its been painted so I don't know what the brand is, its kinda boxy looking. AM has some, they can get a bit pricy IMO. aparently they keep the oil cool as well.
Thanks man I'll check them out

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion