4th gen v6 Camaros - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
4th gen v6 Camaros

Don't ask me why, but my mom is wanting to buy one. She put me in charge of finding her one..
I've been browsing the local craigslist and found that 3/4 of the v6s I look at have blown head gaskets, need a valve job, or just say "needs a new engine."
What's up with this? I'm not trying to start a camaro flame fest or anything I'm just curious if there's really a flaw or a popularity of people dogging on them all the time with no maintenance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSomeMods
Don't ask me why, but my mom is wanting to buy one. She put me in charge of finding her one..
I've been browsing the local craigslist and found that 3/4 of the v6s I look at have blown head gaskets, need a valve job, or just say "needs a new engine."
What's up with this? I'm not trying to start a camaro flame fest or anything I'm just curious if there's really a flaw or a popularity of people dogging on them all the time with no maintenance.
A little bit of both!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I'd get a 3rd generation camaro
znpzmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by znpzmustang
I'd get a 3rd generation camaro
Yeah, me too, but she's stuck on 4th gen.. With a v6 for gas mileage. I'm still trying to convince her on a Mustang.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

A little bit of both!..
Hmm. I've seen plenty of mustangs with blown head gaskets, but not NEARLY as much as these camaros.

Her argument is that "the only reason someone would sell one is if there was something wrong with it." "they buy them thinking that they're race cars and drive 'em like maniacs without taking care of them."

A reasonable argument. It just looks like a clean one in our price range will be difficult to find.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSomeMods

Yeah, me too, but she's stuck on 4th gen.. With a v6 for gas mileage. I'm still trying to convince her on a Mustang.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Hmm. I've seen plenty of mustangs with blown head gaskets, but not NEARLY as much as these camaros.

Her argument is that "the only reason someone would sell one is if there was something wrong with it." "they buy them thinking that they're race cars and drive 'em like maniacs without taking care of them."

A reasonable argument. It just looks like a clean one in our price range will be difficult to find.
Well if that's what she is stuck on then keep looking!.. You'll eventually find one you like and can afford!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion