Rice by the pound - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Rice by the pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Fart cans, 2ft tall wings on a front wheel drive car, random stickers for no reason, huge tach bolted to the dash when factory tach works fine, duct tape body kits, crack head speedy turn signals, neon lights everywhere, heated springs to slam the car down, vtech banners, fake stick on vents on the fenders. I could be forgetting some well known ricer traits.
Lol, possibly the most complete list of how to identify ricers in the wild i've ever seen.
willrad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
There are a lot of broke kids with no sense here, so i see it a lot....
Old 03-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout

I'll take you on with an 80 pound motorized scooter with 100 shots of nitrous.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Lol

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I'll even put a fart cannon on it

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Take 750hp in a +3000lb car to be in the same power to weight ratio I know this as fact. .69 hp for every pound on a stock bike like mine...I'm not stock
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Ima throw a potato into the next fart cannon i see, ima drive right along side it and toss it in...

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Wonder what thatll sound like....
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Ima throw a potato into the next fart cannon i see, ima drive right along side it and toss it in...
just don't get behind after, cause when I snap the throttle it's coming out!!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #41
Road Trip!

It will sound like a constipated ricer
Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
It will sound like a constipated ricer
I have 'two brothers' full exhaust... There's not a 'ricer' on tha planet that sounds like mine. It's a liter bike so it's deep not raspy.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by willrad00

Lol, possibly the most complete list of how to identify ricers in the wild i've ever seen.
Lmao
mustangg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Ima put dual fart pipes on my girlfriends car lol. Not!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Ima put dual fart pipes on my girlfriends car lol. Not!
2x as annoying! My Civic had all new STOCK pipes and muffler.. Couldn't even tell it was running lol
Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
True story, at a local 1/4 mile track I was beaten twice by a stripped down CRX with a built 2.0L. He had a huge power to weight advantage, but he beat me by less than a car length both times.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You can't really compare ricers to muscle cars. They are both completely different. Ricers are built lightweight with in most cases turbod engines for quick power. They are meant to be quick. Muscle cars are made to be heavy and haul *** with lots of torque. In a 1/4 it's expected to lose to an import. Make it a top spew race and muscle will win. They are meant to have high top speeds.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx
You can't really compare ricers to muscle cars. They are both completely different. Ricers are built lightweight with in most cases turbod engines for quick power. They are meant to be quick. Muscle cars are made to be heavy and haul *** with lots of torque. In a 1/4 it's expected to lose to an import. Make it a top spew race and muscle will win. They are meant to have high top speeds.
Imports and a ricer is two different things, some cars are r.i.c.e which means race inspired car enthusiast. But a ricer is someone that makes there car look ugly and has no performance, but thinks there car is badass when it isn't. And also Muscle cars are suppose to own the 1/4 because of there torque and power, not imports.
96gt014.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I just killed a is300 with CAI and longtubes yesterday in my v6 with only a autozone CAI lol
Surffer227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx
Let start from the top, try to keep it short..ish, and I am absolutely not picking on you.
By the numbers, a 1800lb crx with 120 lb/ft of torque obviously gets smashed by a Mustang weighing in at 3800 and making 300 lb/ft of tq. Ask Caroll Shelby: "Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" it doesn't matter how little the ricers weigh, they run 16's from the factory for a reason, they are built for MPG not to "be quick".
RWD hooks better than FWD, because of the shifting of weight from a launch.
Muscle cars have flatter powerbands, meaning they actually make power before hitting 5000RPMs like most 4 bangers.
I like a lot of imports if they are built with a little class, and a lot can run hard with a turbo, but a built turbo 4cyl is rarely going to beat a v8 with the same work. I know a bit about Hondas, and a b18b1 non-vtec motor(integra) can hold about 8 lbs/boost on stock internals and be relatively reliable. Its a lot of bang for your buck even though you are usually still in the 200hp range. Couple that with a lighter car (CRX, EG hatches) and you can run a 13 real easy, pretty cheap. Its all a trade off. The real heart of the issue is the "import" community. Too much rice, but that has been covered on this thread.
Long story short-if it makes power, respect it.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion