battery dead - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
battery dead

not to sure if i should put this thread here, but i just got a new battery for my second car. and i didnt turn it in maybe 3 weeks. and now the battery is dead and needs a jump to start it. can i take the battery somewhere to get charged? or i need a new one ?
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Put it on a low amp like 2amps or less trickle charge for 24hrs.. This would be a good time to invest in a nice battery charger... They come in handy.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Put it on a low amp like 2amps or less trickle charge for 24hrs.. This would be a good time to invest in a nice battery charger... They come in handy.
awesome thanks
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay

awesome thanks
No problem at all.. If it died in a couple weeks there is something running it down.. Would be a good idea to remove the ground while it sits or start it weekly or more often.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Sounds like a short somewhere
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
well before that car was stolen i never had any problems with it. they stole my battery so i got a new one but i just left the car there sitting for almost a month thats why i assumed it needs to be charged or something
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
well before that car was stolen i never had any problems with it. they stole my battery so i got a new one but i just left the car there sitting for almost a month thats why i assumed it needs to be charged or something
Unless the battery is junk their is a draw on it somewhere in my opinion
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 458
If you have a auto zone near by they could charge it and test it for free. Also it may be your alternator giving up. They could also check it for free.
My sister car was the same, put a good battery and in about a week it was dead. Jump start it and two days same thing.
Finally I took the alternator off and took it to get tested and it was bad. Change it and have no issues over a yr already.
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay
If you have a auto zone near by they could charge it and test it for free. Also it may be your alternator giving up. They could also check it for free.
My sister car was the same, put a good battery and in about a week it was dead. Jump start it and two days same thing.
Finally I took the alternator off and took it to get tested and it was bad. Change it and have no issues over a yr already.
His problem is while in storage. So the alternator is not the issue unless he has another one.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

No problem at all.. If it died in a couple weeks there is something running it down.. Would be a good idea to remove the ground while it sits or start it weekly or more often.
Good advice
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:17 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.