Is it safe to buy a used SCT / BAMA Tuner? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I want to buy a tuner for my 96 SVT Cobra. I've seen several tuners for sale on my local Craig's List. I know if I buy one new from American Muscle I get 3 tunes and free tunes for life. They go for about $379. The used ones I've seen got for $150-250.

If you buy a relatively new but used tuner do you get the free tunes or is that only for the original owner? One in particular I'm looking at had tunes for a 2005-08 GT. The owner sold the car. Put the cars tune back to original so he says the tuner is now unlocked. Anyone have any experience with buying a used one? Is it more costly in the long run because you have to pay for the tunes? I'll call American Muscle tomorrow to see what they say. Thanks in advance for any replies. Dave
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Is it safe to buy a used SCT / BAMA Tuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiney View Post
I want to buy a tuner for my 96 SVT Cobra. I've seen several tuners for sale on my local Craig's List. I know if I buy one new from American Muscle I get 3 tunes and free tunes for life. They go for about $379. The used ones I've seen got for $150-250.

If you buy a relatively new but used tuner do you get the free tunes or is that only for the original owner? One in particular I'm looking at had tunes for a 2005-08 GT. The owner sold the car. Put the cars tune back to original so he says the tuner is now unlocked. Anyone have any experience with buying a used one? Is it more costly in the long run because you have to pay for the tunes? I'll call American Muscle tomorrow to see what they say. Thanks in advance for any replies. Dave
Spiney,

Good choice going after a SCT! Tuning is the most important mod for your car!

We offer free tunes for life to all of our customers. So if the person you want to buy it from, purchased the tuner through us then he will be in our system under free tunes for life! It becomes tricky to transfer the free tunes for life.

I would recommend purchasing the tuner brand new, mainly because YOU are now enrolled in our free tune's for life! Any time you do a new mod to your car, we can email you a revised tune file for free! You also get a free plaque with your name engraved on it! (which is pretty cool!!!)

Also you don't have to worry about the tuner being married or unmarried or any malfunctions. We stand by all of our products, So if you have an issue all you have to do is hit us up and we can get you taken care of!

This is just my personal opinion, I hope this helps!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion