Off Beat / Random - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Off Beat / Random

Wife wants a new car,

We are going to test drive a new STI and a new EVO tomorrow.

What do you all think?
Xofferick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I like the EVO better.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Off Beat / Random

Is it her CAR or you'll approval? This is a rhetorical ? Good Luck! Bennettstang
gnatstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Out of those two. Evo all day.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
EVO

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Lol my approval. She's been wanting the STI but I talked her into at least test driving both before making a decision but I'm nudging her in the direction of the EVO.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xofferick
Lol my approval. She's been wanting the STI but I talked her into at least test driving both before making a decision but I'm nudging her in the direction of the EVO.
Sti's are nice. And if not Modding its great to with. If plan on Modding then evo. Cheaper to mod and end up faster a lot cheaper.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Sti's are nice. And if not Modding its great to with. If plan on Modding then evo. Cheaper to mod and end up faster a lot cheaper.
Yeah, she isn't one for modding but I'm trying to convert her lol, I need some competition.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Between two I would take the evo. I think the new stis look a bit boring, miss the old bug eyes.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yeah, she isn't one for modding but I'm trying to convert her lol, I need some competition.
For about 5-6k she can make over 600whp and its awd. Be careful what you wish. My buddy ran a 10.6@135 in his evo with just 520whp. Stock engine, just bolt ons, cams, injectors, FP black. and e85 and bigger injectors took him to 623whp. Right at 6k invested. Car just ran a 10.2@139 on stock.suspension and true street tires. On the street it is crazy fast brake boosting.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
I work at a car dealership so I've driving both of those cars my opinion on them is the EVO's are def. Chicks car based on how many ladies buy them over Subi's...one thing also to be put in consideration is the durability of the vehicals....too be honest evos traded in with 50k feel pretty Ruff of a ride where subi's with 50k feel pretty new still..but also I don't know how they were drivin...anyways hope that helps either way ur wifes getting a bada** car!
silver98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
STI... The EVO is a Mitsubishi... At the end of the day it's a POS.. Mitsubishi has a long track record of making ****ty cars.. The wife's Eclipse was cheap.. Weak switches, weak door handles.. I'm sure they are fast while they last, but the STI while be running long after the Mitsubishi literally falls to pieces.. Just my opinion.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
STI... The EVO is a Mitsubishi... At the end of the day it's a POS.. Mitsubishi has a long track record of making ****ty cars.. The wife's Eclipse was cheap.. Weak switches, weak door handles.. I'm sure they are fast while they last, but the STI while be running long after the Mitsubishi literally falls to pieces.. Just my opinion.
Do.some research on the evo..great cars. Eclipse is there civic where evo is their GT500.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Do.some research on the evo..great cars. Eclipse is there civic where evo is their GT500.
I'm sure they are.. After my personal exp I'd have a hard time dropping a stack like that on one.. The civic maybe a bad example, the one I traded(stock) for my GT was a tank.. It took a beating before I got it and while I had it lol I'm sure they are not all that tough but you get my point.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I love the older STIs like 03-04 but new body I would go w Evo all day.. Especially after seeing tanner foust drive one on top gear..
Old 06-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Well wen i went to buy my mustang it was gt, sti, evo or camaro. Of course the camaro was easily eliminated first lol. Evos are a machine and with the proper mods can look as good as they run. I love subarus and as was said before the new sti is boring. But the next gen is gonna be worth buying. If she does any highway driving consistently dont even consider an sti. Worst highway driving car ever. Its made to take turns not go straight lol, way too bumpy. Evo, all day.
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #17
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Wife wants a new car,

We are going to test drive a new STI and a new EVO tomorrow.

What do you all think?
I did the same thing with my fiancé couple months and as you will find out when you drive them both there is no comparison! The Evo is a mile ahead of the sti in every category! We drive the Evo first and when when we drove the sti next it was a massive let down! We both had high expectations for the sti but it was a huge let down! But you will find out when you drive them.

---------- Post added 06-18-2012 at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-17-2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
Well wen i went to buy my mustang it was gt, sti, evo or camaro. Of course the camaro was easily eliminated first lol. Evos are a machine and with the proper mods can look as good as they run. I love subarus and as was said before the new sti is boring. But the next gen is gonna be worth buying. If she does any highway driving consistently dont even consider an sti. Worst highway driving car ever. Its made to take turns not go straight lol, way too bumpy. Evo, all day.
You obviously haven't driven a Evo on the highway! The sti is like driving grandpas Cadillac compared to the Evo! That is the only thing I could see the op's wife liking better on the sti then the Evo. The Evo suspension is set up really stiff and you feel everything, very bumpy ride and made for the track. The sti is setup more to appeal to the masses suspension wise an very soft like any family 4 door car. The Evo on the other hand you will either love the extreme responsiveness and bumpy feel everything ride or you will hate it.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

I did the same thing with my fiancé couple months and as you will find out when you drive them both there is no comparison! The Evo is a mile ahead of the sti in every category! We drive the Evo first and when when we drove the sti next it was a massive let down! We both had high expectations for the sti but it was a huge let down! But you will find out when you drive them.

---------- Post added 06-18-2012 at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-17-2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

You obviously haven't driven a Evo on the highway! The sti is like driving grandpas Cadillac compared to the Evo! That is the only thing I could see the op's wife liking better on the sti then the Evo. The Evo suspension is set up really stiff and you feel everything, very bumpy ride and made for the track. The sti is setup more to appeal to the masses suspension wise an very soft like any family 4 door car. The Evo on the other hand you will either love the extreme responsiveness and bumpy feel everything ride or you will hate it.
I obviously drove all of them.. And the sti is anything but a family car and the evo and sti suspension are pretty close in comparison so idk where u got ur comparison. I just felt the sti was bumpier. Both cars were 2012s.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5

I obviously drove all of them.. And the sti is anything but a family car and the evo and sti suspension are pretty close in comparison so idk where u got ur comparison. I just felt the sti was bumpier. Both cars were 2012s.
Close in comparison? Lol thats like comparing grandpas Cadillac to a car with no shocks! But the op will find out when him and his wife drive them both.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:33 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

The seats are what makes the difference not the ride. The sti has a hands down better interior and mitsubishi was too busy putting the proper size block in pistons in there cars so they can handle upgrades unlike stis which tend to blow up as soon as they get some mods or high performance tuning.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Both ain't subtle family transport, as they are a bit high strung/hard riding for that, particularly the EVO. The Evo's interior is port-a-potty chique, which is unacceptable at its price point (be aware, I'm in Canada and both are 50k vehicles). Down-road quality and resale? STi hands down in that dept.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
Both ain't subtle family transport, as they are a bit high strung/hard riding for that, particularly the EVO. The Evo's interior is port-a-potty chique, which is unacceptable at its price point (be aware, I'm in Canada and both are 50k vehicles). Down-road quality and resale? STi hands down in that dept.
Sorry but I live in Canada to and the evolution is 38 grand not 50
Old 06-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I live in Vancouver and a fully loaded Evo 10 MR blows right through 50k . Similar with STi.

Here's an example, one of several:

2012 Subaru WRX STI For Sale | RICHMOND BC

The MR STARTS at 51 and change, the GSR at 41+ according to the Mitsu website and dealership pricing confirms.

Vehicles | 2012 Lancer Evolution - Mitsubishi Canada

These are 2012 prices, not for 13s.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I live in Vancouver and a fully loaded Evo 10 MR blows right through 50k . Similar with STi.

The MR STARTS at 51 and change, the GSR at 41+ according to the Mitsu website and dealership pricing confirms.

Wow canada sucks.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:

Well I test drove both and the gsr was 38 grand from the dealer(not Internet) and the sti was 42 grand( the 4 door sedan is cheaper and better looking). And this was in Calgary.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Dude, you know there's about a 10 grand kickup for the MR over the GSR, right?

Your 38 v. my 41 internet price, for the gsr isn't so different.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
Dude, you know there's about a 10 grand kickup for the MR over the GSR, right?

Your 38 v. my 41 internet price, for the gsr isn't so different.
dude
Old 06-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Well no EVO or STI. Guess I'll just have to start modding her jetta.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
Did you test drive them both?
Old 06-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
Why not? What does she want in a car? What looking to spend?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

They wouldn't let us test drive either :/
And the reason she wanted one was because we are paying 400 mo. For the Jetta and the dealer here has leasing options for around 350 mo. But credit score has to be 700+ and hers is only mid 600's so we are going to pay off all credit cards and build more credit and try again later.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:34 AM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:
They wouldn't let us test drive either :/
And the reason she wanted one was because we are paying 400 mo. For the Jetta and the dealer here has leasing options for around 350 mo. But credit score has to be 700+ and hers is only mid 600's so we are going to pay off all credit cards and build more credit and try again later.
Why wouldn't they let you test drive? Did you pull up in your mustang?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #33
Road Trip!

Quote:

Why wouldn't they let you test drive? Did you pull up in your mustang?
Very common on higher end cars. They look at it as they sell them selves. That people that come into buy them already know what its about. I know I been to many dealers and they will not let you drive certain cars. They don't care what you pull up in. Cars like GTR's/Z06's/GT500's/ m3-m6's and other high end cars.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:

Very common on higher end cars. They look at it as they sell them selves. That people that come into buy them already know what its about. I know I been to many dealers and they will not let you drive certain cars. They don't care what you pull up in. Cars like GTR's/Z06's/GT500's/ m3-m6's and other high end cars.
I jokingly asked a salesman to test drive a Viper once knowing they wouldn't let me. He chuckled and said "Not even any of the salesman can drive it. Only the big kahuna has driven it".
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sorry but I live in Canada to and the evolution is 38 grand not 50
Evos are not 38grand. Im in toronto and your looking at a minimum of 46 grand before taxes for a starting price
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion