2004 explorer cel light - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #36
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Lol!

Bender is my hero
Azure I didn't recognize your Avatar. I thought you were a noob.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #37
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Great find!! I like how it says go to test 4, 5, etc.. This is better than the book.
Yes it is!

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
There was a link within that website for 4.6 COP test too. I always just checked ohms, but will probably give this a shot in the future. Thanks!

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford_...ion_ford_1.php
No problem. I like sharing my finds.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #38
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
There was a link within that website for 4.6 COP test too. I always just checked ohms, but will probably give this a shot in the future. Thanks!

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford_...ion_ford_1.php
Yeah the 4.6 certainly had it's fair share of COP issues.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #39
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Azure I didn't recognize your Avatar. I thought you were a noob.
Ha!

Really though, I guess I am still a noob
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #40
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Lol!

Bender is my hero
Fry: wait im having one of those things....like a headache with pictures!..

Leela: an idea

Fry: (shakes head) MmmHmm..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #41
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Fry: wait im having one of those things....like a headache with pictures!..

Leela: an idea

Fry: (shakes head) MmmHmm..
Ha!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #42
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 2004 explorer cel light

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
Dude...im as lost as you when it comes to testing them..mine just went bad so I replaced them:/
Where the F is this trojan guy when you need him anyway?...lol
He's zonked out on pain killers. Darned worthless druggie.


My doc gave me some new meds for nerve pain and I guess they work, but combined with my other pain meds, both of which cause "drowsiness", when I take them I'm pretty much going to go to sleep.


So dreamstang, did you guys figure out what you need?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:55 AM   #43
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

He's zonked out on pain killers. Darned worthless druggie.

My doc gave me some new meds for nerve pain and I guess they work, but combined with my other pain meds, both of which cause "drowsiness", when I take them I'm pretty much going to go to sleep.

So dreamstang, did you guys figure out what you need?
Yes I did. I am busy today but I will test it some more later or tomorow. Should I change the coil pack anyways with 125k on it? She is suffering from poor mpgs.

I am also gonna replace the whole tensioner. With the shake its doing it may leave the wife stranded or something. When I get paid will do this.

I'm thinking crank sensor though. But I am gonna try to go all out and do wires and fuel filter. The filter probably isn't the problem either. But like I said she needs a little TLC.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:45 AM   #44
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 2004 explorer cel light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Yes I did. I am busy today but I will test it some more later or tomorow. Should I change the coil pack anyways with 125k on it? She is suffering from poor mpgs.

I am also gonna replace the whole tensioner. With the shake its doing it may leave the wife stranded or something. When I get paid will do this.

I'm thinking crank sensor though. But I am gonna try to go all out and do wires and fuel filter. The filter probably isn't the problem either. But like I said she needs a little TLC.
It probably wouldn't hurt to change out the tensioner, coil pack, wires and fuel filter, better than having the wife stuck on the side of the road somewhere.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #45
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

It probably wouldn't hurt to change out the tensioner, coil pack, wires and fuel filter, better than having the wife stuck on the side of the road somewhere.
Yeah. Not be a parts changer. But I don't mind doing it when they are regular maintenance items. I did just put plugs in it recently.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #46
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
i actually havent done much, but i figured i would update. as when i went to buy some parts, my wife told me its hasnt been acting up. so i decided to give it some time to see what she does. and it has been flawless.

my guess is to what happened. when the tensioner pulley locked up, it was having a tough time running. i think the ecu triedto compensate and threw off the parameters. so i think it may have took some time to relearn. im not positive on this, but its my theory. if this is true i may have been able to fix it quicker by resetting its memory.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #47
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 2004 explorer cel light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
i actually havent done much, but i figured i would update. as when i went to buy some parts, my wife told me its hasnt been acting up. so i decided to give it some time to see what she does. and it has been flawless.

my guess is to what happened. when the tensioner pulley locked up, it was having a tough time running. i think the ecu triedto compensate and threw off the parameters. so i think it may have took some time to relearn. im not positive on this, but its my theory. if this is true i may have been able to fix it quicker by resetting its memory.
I suppose that's a possibility.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:33 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.