Damn cops - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Merben50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 187
Damn cops

Pulled over for speeding, guilty. Pulled over for high beams,wtf! I only had fog lights on. Didnt know you could get a ticket for it.
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
The cop probably just wanted to be a d**k
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Haters haters haters
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
tommy d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 81
F the police ,they are always on my a** . The always ask me if I have muffler ! Yes sir I have 2 of them ,punk police
tommy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheAdrianHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ft Drum, NY
Region: New York
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy d
F the police ,they are always on my a** . The always ask me if I have muffler ! Yes sir I have 2 of them ,punk police
You say that now but not when your house is being broken into... They have a job to do just like the rest of us. Don't like the rules? Take it up with the lawmakers, not the law enforcers. Just my .02
TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
tommy d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdrianHand

You say that now but not when your house is being broken into... They have a job to do just like the rest of us. Don't like the rules? Take it up with the lawmakers, not the law enforcers. Just my .02
I feel bad for the guy that goes into my house uninvited , I sleep next to a colt 1911 , I have a nice sticker on my front door that states We Don't Call 911 with a picture off a gun
tommy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheAdrianHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ft Drum, NY
Region: New York
Posts: 105
Cool story bro. Not really what I was getting at haha
TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Never been pulled over and I don't have any mufflers or cats lol I even got a thumbs up from one officer
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
joey18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Corona
Region: California
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50
Pulled over for speeding, guilty. Pulled over for high beams,wtf! I only had fog lights on. Didnt know you could get a ticket for it.
Dont drive with your high beams then... its also very annoying when the person behind you is driving with em. Also how was you attitude to th officer... most likely if your friendly they are also friendly.
__________________
joey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
re: Damn cops

you have HIDs?
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Benito
Region: Texas
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdrianHand

You say that now but not when your house is being broken into... They have a job to do just like the rest of us. Don't like the rules? Take it up with the lawmakers, not the law enforcers. Just my .02
+1000 I completely agree with you
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blue2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 77
re: Damn cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdrianHand View Post
You say that now but not when your house is being broken into... They have a job to do just like the rest of us. Don't like the rules? Take it up with the lawmakers, not the law enforcers. Just my .02
What do they do when your house is broken into, confirm your insurance claim?
__________________
Ordered 7/14/2012 VIN 7/30/2012 Window Sticker 8/17/2012 Build 8/20/2012 ETA 8/31/2012 New ETA 9/3/2012 New ETA 9/17 - Cancelled...
2013 Grabber Blue GT
Blue2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheAdrianHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ft Drum, NY
Region: New York
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2013

What do they do when your house is broken into, confirm your insurance claim?
Lots of things but each situation differs. Bottom line is they sacrifice their time for little compensation in order to better their community.
TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2013

What do they do when your house is broken into, confirm your insurance claim?
Ja,
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blue2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 77
re: Damn cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdrianHand View Post
Bottom line is they sacrifice their time for little compensation in order to better their community.
That's what everyone that has a job does. =)

Perhaps I'm still a bit annoyed at the time someone actually did break into my house and nothing was done about it, other than a couple guys coming to the house trying to look tough and wasting my time. (At least they were getting paid, for wasting my time, with my tax money...)

If they want more money, they should get a degree or two, and get loan-forgiveness and a million other benefits that people in the private sector don't get.

I could turn this into a huge rant, but I digress.
__________________
Ordered 7/14/2012 VIN 7/30/2012 Window Sticker 8/17/2012 Build 8/20/2012 ETA 8/31/2012 New ETA 9/3/2012 New ETA 9/17 - Cancelled...
2013 Grabber Blue GT
Blue2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #16
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey18

Dont drive with your high beams then... its also very annoying when the person behind you is driving with em. Also how was you attitude to th officer... most likely if your friendly they are also friendly.
The couple times I've been pulled over friendly has only been recieved back probably twice out of 5 times. Once for speeding(guilty), once for spinning tires backing up(slave cylinder was going out and grabbed sooner then I thought), once for license plate lights not working, once for supposedly running over mail boxes(my truck fit the description of a truck runnin over mail boxes, not guilty by the way) and once for headlight out.

The head light one he was friendly back and the mail box one he was friendly back. Honestly I guess it just depends on the cop. The spinning tires and license plate light was by the same cop that seemed to have a hard on for me or something. Everytime I would be in town he was on my *** trying to get me for something.
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheAdrianHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ft Drum, NY
Region: New York
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2013

That's what everyone that has a job does. =)

Perhaps I'm still a bit annoyed at the time someone actually did break into my house and nothing was done about it, other than a couple guys coming to the house trying to look tough and wasting my time. (At least they were getting paid, for wasting my time, with my tax money...)

If they want more money, they should get a degree or two, and get loan-forgiveness and a million other benefits that people in the private sector don't get.

I could turn this into a huge rant, but I digress.
For some people it's not about the money. Im not going to argue with you over this. All I have to say is to a few of us it's about doing the right thing whether people like you appreciate it or not.
TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blue2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 77
re: Damn cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdrianHand View Post
For some people it's not about the money. Im not going to argue with you over this. All I have to say is to a few of us it's about doing the right thing whether people like you appreciate it or not.
It sounds like you are a very respectable man, and I do appreciate that. If the justice system was about justice, I wouldn't be resentful at all. To those of you that do what's just, I salute you and respect you.

I shouldn't assume the worst, and likewise others shouldn't assume the best. You give me hope.
__________________
Ordered 7/14/2012 VIN 7/30/2012 Window Sticker 8/17/2012 Build 8/20/2012 ETA 8/31/2012 New ETA 9/3/2012 New ETA 9/17 - Cancelled...
2013 Grabber Blue GT
Blue2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheAdrianHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ft Drum, NY
Region: New York
Posts: 105
Thank you. I'm glad I could give you hope lol.
TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
re: Damn cops

I didnt know you couldnt ride with your fog lights on,,in the daytime i run them all the time,,but is against the law to have them on at night with ur regular beams??
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheAdrianHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ft Drum, NY
Region: New York
Posts: 105
The laws are different everywhere. Check your local laws to see. Seems like a silly reason to pull someone over to me haha
TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #22
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Damn cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2013 View Post
That's what everyone that has a job does. =)

Perhaps I'm still a bit annoyed at the time someone actually did break into my house and nothing was done about it, other than a couple guys coming to the house trying to look tough and wasting my time. (At least they were getting paid, for wasting my time, with my tax money...)

If they want more money, they should get a degree or two, and get loan-forgiveness and a million other benefits that people in the private sector don't get.

I could turn this into a huge rant, but I digress.


So that kid that spits in your Big Mac,the floor mopper at target,the cashier at 7-11 ect,ect,ect......betters the community? I feel safer now that I know that.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blue2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 77
Re: Damn cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
So that kid that spits in your Big Mac,the floor mopper at target,the cashier at 7-11 ect,ect,ect......betters the community? I feel safer now that I know that.
The kid that spits in your Big Mac got you to stop eating Big Macs and made you healthier.

The floor-mopper at Target saved you from breaking your hip.

The cashier at 7-11 sold you a really delicious slurpy on a hot day.

By working, they didn't spend your tax money on drugs...

I can teach you a few more things, if you would like.

(Don't insult the people that feed you. They just might end up with more education than you.)

(Don't insult the people that keep the place clean, unless you enjoy filth.)

(Don't insult the people that sell you the stuff that you need, unless you'd like to do without.)

Personally, I've received more from the people you just insulted. Perhaps you've been luckier than I.
__________________
Ordered 7/14/2012 VIN 7/30/2012 Window Sticker 8/17/2012 Build 8/20/2012 ETA 8/31/2012 New ETA 9/3/2012 New ETA 9/17 - Cancelled...
2013 Grabber Blue GT
Blue2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #24
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Damn cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2013 View Post
The kid that spits in your Big Mac got you to stop eating Big Macs and made you healthier.

The floor-mopper at Target saved you from breaking your hip.

The cashier at 7-11 sold you a really delicious slurpy on a hot day.

By working, they didn't spend your tax money on drugs...

I can teach you a few more things, if you would like.

(Don't insult the people that feed you. They just might end up with more education than you.)

(Don't insult the people that keep the place clean, unless you enjoy filth.)

(Don't insult the people that sell you the stuff that you need, unless you'd like to do without.)

Personally, I've received more from the people you just insulted. Perhaps you've been luckier than I.

Study up.......

Reading comprehension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
I believe everything on Wikipedia also!!! (:
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #26
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Damn cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
I believe everything on Wikipedia also!!! (:

lol
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blue2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 77
Re: Damn cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Is the link your way of saying that you didn't understand what I said, or should I jump to some other conclusion?

Heh... By the way, the term you're looking for is "janitor", not "floor-mopper".
__________________
Ordered 7/14/2012 VIN 7/30/2012 Window Sticker 8/17/2012 Build 8/20/2012 ETA 8/31/2012 New ETA 9/3/2012 New ETA 9/17 - Cancelled...
2013 Grabber Blue GT
Blue2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3544163519.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	64961  
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Benito
Region: Texas
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992
.
Hahahah!!! Lmao! That's hysterical
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
I didnt know you couldnt ride with your fog lights on,,in the daytime i run them all the time,,but is against the law to have them on at night with ur regular beams??
I know it's illegal in LA. I haven't really seen or hear of any cops pulling over for that though. It's more of a safety concern I guess.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #31
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Damn cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2013 View Post
Is the link your way of saying that you didn't understand what I said, or should I jump to some other conclusion?

Heh... By the way, the term you're looking for is "janitor", not "floor-mopper".
Actually its "custodial engineer".....duh.


In case you are interested.....

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...ianeng_boe.pdf
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mike90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 130
Re: Damn cops

My Fog lights are on all the time, and I ride around with my
cut outs open all the time. Been right next to an officer at a
light and never get pulled over. The last time I was pulled over
I was leaving work in my Ford Aspire and the plates had expired.
Long story short, respectful and courteous was received with suspicion
and hostility. Got arrested for possesion of a schedule 1 Narcotic for wich
I had a prescription but had one pill in my pocket. $6K later and the charges
were dropped.
Best bet keep your mouth shut, only answer ?'s with short yes or no answers,
and never volunteer any information not asked for.
Lock your Glove Box, Center Counsel, etc... make them work for it...
__________________
They say the good die young,
I plan on living forever!!
Mike90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike90
My Fog lights are on all the time, and I ride around with my
cut outs open all the time. Been right next to an officer at a
light and never get pulled over. The last time I was pulled over
I was leaving work in my Ford Aspire and the plates had expired.
Long story short, respectful and courteous was received with suspicion
and hostility. Got arrested for possesion of a schedule 1 Narcotic for wich
I had a prescription but had one pill in my pocket. $6K later and the charges
were dropped.
Best bet keep your mouth shut, only answer ?'s with short yes or no answers,
and never volunteer any information not asked for.
Lock your Glove Box, Center Counsel, etc... make them work for it...
Dayum now that had to suck. And yes dont give out too much info, especially if not asked. I gotta keep coming up with answers for the dead bodies in my trunk, cause of the smell and all,,, dry ice and potatoes sacks dont work too much anymore =\
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:04 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blue2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 77
Re: Damn cops

In my experiences, this is what the cop has been focused on:

Money 50%
Their ego 45%
Justice 5%


I respect that 5%, but don't ask me to respect the other 95%. Their ego is smaller than mine, and I don't have to steal my salary from someone else that worked for it. I find it increasingly difficult to respect the people that make their money by holding a gun on someone and forcibly taking it. How much different is the thief? There's a limit to how much a cop can steal, I guess...
__________________
Ordered 7/14/2012 VIN 7/30/2012 Window Sticker 8/17/2012 Build 8/20/2012 ETA 8/31/2012 New ETA 9/3/2012 New ETA 9/17 - Cancelled...
2013 Grabber Blue GT
Blue2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dcobra31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Reston
Region: Virginia
Posts: 160
Re: Damn cops

I sure love it when cops stalk me to work, waiting for me to make a mistake. I remember one day, I was driving to work, and floored it from 0 to 60. Speed limit was 55. A cop got off the grass, and started following me after that. No sirens, no nothing. He just remained up my ***. A traffic light coming up ahead turned yellow, so I floored it (without going any more than 5 mi over the speed limit,) and lost him at the red light lol
__________________

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:29 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.