Show off drivers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Show off drivers

Almost got hit hard on my way to work this morning. A Nissan Altima was so eager to pass me that they hit a uneven drop on the road, he almost lost control. I just saw him swerving all over really close to my rear end. Any one else have issues like this all the time?
Tatsumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

i have drivers do this to me. never seen them lose control though because if they did almost lose control i would catch up to them, lower my window and laugh at them

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I had a guy in a Nissan 350Z pull up beside me trying to race one night. He had his girl in the car so ya know he was trying to show off. I wasn't going to race, but we were doing like 35 cruising when he punched it. A car pulled out in front of him, he overcorrected and wrapped his brand new 350Z around a telephone pole. Yea. It was totaled.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid
I had a guy in a Nissan 350Z pull up beside me trying to race one night. He had his girl in the car so ya know he was trying to show off. I wasn't going to race, but we were doing like 35 cruising when he punched it. A car pulled out in front of him, he overcorrected and wrapped his brand new 350Z around a telephone pole. Yea. It was totaled.
lol ouch. u shouldve asked his girl if she wanted a ride lol

Low2v
Old 09-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Re: Show off drivers

I get this kind of crap all the time, either in the Mustang or my 66 Plymouth...more so in the Plymouth. Every d-bag in a ricer or a Mustang wants to prove they can beat an old car at the stop light digs...
JUNIORS08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
he overcorrected and wrapped his brand new 350Z around a telephone pole. Yea. It was totaled.
Oh, ouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
u shouldve asked his girl if she wanted a ride lol
Ha ha ha, so much pain already I couldnt do that but Id definitely lmfao.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
i have drivers do this to me. never seen them lose control though because if they did almost lose control i would catch up to them, lower my window and laugh at them
I would have but after that he kept back. I hope he had a spare pair of pants.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Sucks to be that guy's car or girl.
Tatsumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
It's so much like that at my school... All these teenagers who literally just got their license trying to prove idk what in their cheap hondas (not even modded) and toyotas.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
My dad taught me really early in life that there are 2 kinds of people: people that have fast cars, and d-bags that have slow cars that they think is fast.
Stanglover1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanglover1966
My dad taught me really early in life that there are 2 kinds of people: people that have fast cars, and d-bags that have slow cars that they think is fast.
+ 100 very true

Low2v
Old 09-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Everyone and their momma try racing me out here.
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I have Hondas do the fly bys on me. A lot of ricers do that, and I'll wait for them at the next light rev it up over there coffee can exhaust and they leave me alone.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I had a cicic si trying to and he was slowing to turn. He tried to rev the engine put forgot to put the clutch and he jerked real bad like a first timer at standard

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998
I had a cicic si trying to and he was slowing to turn. He tried to rev the engine put forgot to put the clutch and he jerked real bad like a first timer at standard
I just laughed
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I just laughed
*civic
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I have only had one, at least that I noticed. Older Mercedes CLK, 2004 ish, with rims. The car must have had a broken drivers seat, since this guy was basically sitting in the back, leaned over and chillin. He had his girl and people stuffed in the back, and he kept trying to pull up and rev his engine. I just followed the speed limit, and trapped him behind slower cars. He was as far back as 6 cars for a few miles, so far back I forgot about him.

So enough cars got off the road, or his reckless driving let him catch up. He cut off some car and got behind me, riding my *** swerving back and forth and pulling up on me. Then I showed him my second gear, and hit hootchie's head in the passenger seat must have bounced off the dash, then first, and I tore off and chirped the tires in 2nd. He didn't come NEAR me again.

I am not one to brake check people, I actually hate it most of the time, and often see tailgating as an accident, most people stop after a few seconds. But this dude wouldn't lay off, violated at least five traffic laws(speeding, lane change w/o indicator, reckless op, unsafe following distance, left of center just off the top of my head), and when an ignorant person decides to make a poor decision for MILES, and try to screw with me like that?

Nope.

EDIT: I see how people think this is showing off, but those civics and people in lame cars are not showing off to me, they have trash. Now when a Dodge Viper next to me the other day, he could have showed off his vehicle, but he didn't. I get what you guys are saying, but i can't even call it showing off, that is a compliment to them! More like they are embarrassing themselves. I note the nicer cars don't need to. FERRARI F430, 458, drove like saints. Viper? Same. Murceilago? Same.

Its the ordinary plain cars trying to show off. I like that quote, or lesson a few posts up. Good stuff.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion