No aftermaket tune for the 2012 challengers!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
No aftermaket tune for the 2012 challengers!!!

So my buddy has a 2012 challenger r/t and I put a cat back flow master exhaust on it a couple of weeks ago. Well today I asked him if he still likes it and when is he going to put a cai on it. He told me there was no use cause no body has a tune for it and caint tune it!! Something about that nobody has cracked the programming and Chrysler want release it. That is the stupidest thing I have ever here of. Chrysler needs to get there stuff together and release the programming software Some guys are putting 2010 ecu on them and re flashing them to run on the 2012. If I'm not mistaking but doesn't Bama tunes and ford work with each other.
Whiteboss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: No aftermaket tune for the 2012 challengers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteboss302 View Post
So my buddy has a 2012 challenger r/t and I put a cat back flow master exhaust on it a couple of weeks ago. Well today I asked him if he still likes it and when is he going to put a cai on it. He told me there was no use cause no body has a tune for it and caint tune it!! Something about that nobody has cracked the programming and Chrysler want release it. That is the stupidest thing I have ever here of. Chrysler needs to get there stuff together and release the programming software Some guys are putting 2010 ecu on them and re flashing them to run on the 2012. If I'm not mistaking but doesn't Bama tunes and ford work with each other.
Mopar has always been a year or two behind in the tuning game. The newer Challengers, Chargers etc... still have no tuning software. Once they do figure out how to crack the ECU it will really benefit those cars. With that much power a tune will really benefit that Motor and then people can start modding them!

You are correct, We are part of Fords Technology Transfer Program! Which allows us to insure that all of our tunes are perfect.

Let me know if you ever have any questions!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Doesn't matter too much to me. Done right, they are sweet looking, and they have awesome power, but they are just too big. Handling sucks compared to a pony.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion