V8 vs. V6 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
So y'all would really drive a v8 charger or whatever over a v6 mustang? ...that's really funny to me lmao
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
For the 2nd time,...GET A 4 cylinder! Geez!
TooSlow4U is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U
For the 2nd time,...GET A 4 cylinder! Geez!
I agree at least it would be a mustang ... Damn do I love a good pissing match
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #39
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,176
Just buy a Prius and put "MUSTANG" across the front windshield!
Ryan7racin is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller
So y'all would really drive a v8 charger or whatever over a v6 mustang? ...that's really funny to me lmao
Price would put me back in GT range. But if for some reason all GTs were gone and my choice was v8 charger over v6 mustang... Yes, v8 without a doubt.
SolidRRaxle is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #41
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle

Price would put me back in GT range. But if for some reason all GTs were gone and my choice was v8 charger over v6 mustang... Yes, v8 without a doubt.
Me too. I would pick a base v8 Camero, challenger, or charger over a premium v6 mustang.
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
I would pick a PRIUS over a v6 mustang lol,
At lease all the eco-friendly girls would love me


( dont take it person V6 mustangs, its just a joke
McQueen is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
I would pick a PRIUS over a v6 mustang lol,
At lease all the eco-friendly girls would love me

( dont take it person V6 mustangs, its just a joke
Lmao!
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
GE3G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 721
Just test drive them both and then you will decide... Geesh all this pissing and moaning like were in high school
GE3G is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin
Just buy a Prius and put "MUSTANG" across the front windshield!
I like your style!

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
I would pick a PRIUS over a v6 mustang lol,
At lease all the eco-friendly girls would love me

( dont take it person V6 mustangs, its just a joke
I just got a boner,....wait,...yep I did.
TooSlow4U is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
This thread has digressed...

OP, if nothing else, you a least know the mustang community has passionate opinions on this subject
SolidRRaxle is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #47
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
This is a v6 with bunny ears.
Attached Images
 
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03
This is a v6 with bunny ears.
Oh yea that was the winner of best in show at SEMA haha jk....
McQueen is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
If you can afford a 2013 gt premium than you should be able afford the little bit of extra gas it uses.

The new V6 is very impressive I recently got the chance to ride in one and it deffenatly still feels like a mustang! Feels and probably is every bit as fast as my 05 GT. I would say don't get a v6 if you want a muscle car but those new ones can really haul some ***.

I'd say GT tho in my opinion just because.. Well.. It's a GT
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834
so if u dont want to mod get the slow car which need modding, but if u want to mod get the car that's fine as it is from factory...?????
How is a 305 hp v6 slow? It would spank 2010 and previous gts easily of they are stock. The point of the v6 is to have good power while maintaining fuel economy.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexl.Wilson

Oh Bladezx spellcheck before you call someone retarded, perhaps then we will be able to accurately read your rambles. Like for instance, me being a "ricer know it all", assuming that car in your profile pic is yours...we drive the same car slick.
Did I say you owned a ricer car? No I said you talk like one acting like you know everything. Unless you've lived in every part of the world and see everything don't call out bull**** on anyone. Just because where I live there are female mechanics and girls with big block engines doesn't mean they don't exist since where you live clearly the population is 10 people or less with nothing but men with big engines. As for spellchecking this is the Internet no one gives a ****. If you take it seriously online then you early have nothing to do with your life
Bladezx is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx

How is a 305 hp v6 slow? It would spank 2010 and previous gts easily of they are stock. The point of the v6 is to have good power while maintaining fuel economy.
It is slow compare with a new gt, i get great mpg in my 13 5.0 For the price of a new v6 i would get an sti, evo, or a used G37 or a 335i couple

My opinion!!!
McQueen is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

It is slow compare with a new gt, i get great mpg in my 13 5.0 For the price of a new v6 i would get an sti, evo, or a used G37 or a 335i couple

My opinion!!!
+1!

Why is the fact that a majority of us have the perception that a v6 is a girls car such a personal insult blades? You have a 5.0. OP asked for opinions.
SolidRRaxle is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
I guess the extra two cyclers is where man hood comes into play lmao

I promise that was my last remark sry haha I just can't help it
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bowtiebeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 43
Re: V8 vs. V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
So y'all would really drive a v8 charger or whatever over a v6 mustang? ...that's really funny to me lmao

Yes yes I would.. Unlike some I love all cars if they are cool. Just v6 mustang are well....v6 mustangs..

If it goes fast me like. If some one took the time and effort for God knows why? And beefed up a v6, I would like it and drive it.. Would not waste my money on a v6 if I was going to do that. Why not waste the money on a v8?
Bowtiebeater is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #55
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller
I guess the extra two cyclers is where man hood comes into play lmao

I promise that was my last remark sry haha I just can't help it
Lol. I understand it's silly. But it's not a social norm for women to drive v8 cars. Just like its not a social norm for women to carry more muscle than men. But...yes the two "cyclers" are what makes the difference ; )
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Virgo062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rossville
Region: Georgia
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03
Girls and v8 cars don't mesh well, at least in my opinion. Kinda like girls and professional body building. : /
Uh oh...You want to pull up next to me at the light? I'll spank your butt and not in the way your thinking. LOL I'm from the South and know plenty of female v8 drivers a couple of girlees ride Harley's and a few drive 18 wheels. Wow we are evolving. Now I won't work on my cars because I hate grease user my nails. Yuck

The correct answer is buy what you like. The V6 is no Yugo.
Virgo062 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03

Lol. I understand it's silly. But it's not a social norm for women to drive v8 cars. Just like its not a social norm for women to carry more muscle than men. But...yes the two "cyclers" are what makes the difference ; )
I completely agree women should have curves and boobs!!!!!!!! Whatever floats ya boat but that just aint right... Lmao!
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #58
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Re: V8 vs. V6

Not sure how this turned into a pissing contest, but then again this is ALWAYS a dangerous type of thread in the first place
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiebeater

Yes yes I would.. Unlike some I love all cars if they are cool. Just v6 mustang are well....v6 mustangs..

If it goes fast me like. If some one took the time and effort for God knows why? And beefed up a v6, I would like it and drive it.. Would not waste my money on a v6 if I was going to do that. Why not waste the money on a v8?
A charger over a Mustang? A chrysler?seriously? Unless it is an SRT, I would sooner take a Focus.

I care about spelling! But that is just me, I think...

So, you have 22,000 USD. You can be OUT THE DOOR with a 305 hp, 6 speed, front rear, brand new. 10 year bumper to bumper costs 980. So...how much is a 300 hp Subaru? Honda? Infiniti? Dollar for dollar, nothing compares. The Camaro is closest, but the v6 sucks in my opinion. Nothing new compares. What else has 300hp and gets anywhere near the same fuel economy? Then add price?

I would sooner get a v6, and do add ons to max power, before getting a GT. no disrespect guys, but when I think about how often I use power, compared to how often I am just driving, I do not need that extra power for the extra cost. 91 dollars a month for full coverage, v8 is more. Worse fuel economy in v8. Higher bAse price. To me, there is no point unless you are buying this as a track car, or have extra money to waste. Can bolt ons completely equal a GT? Maybe not. But if you took the price difference, did intake, full exhaust, and whatever else you want, you would be approaching the GT, and still have lower insurance, crazy good mpg and cost LESS.

But I keep it as a daily driver, too. Within 5 grand of the v6, the Camaro barely compares, everything else doesn't compare at all. Tit for tat, pound for pound, standard v6 Mustang is the best car on the market right now. Heck, go to a Ford dealership and find me a Focus that is cheaper. Everyone I see is around 24,000. (I know they exist, but I never see them. I see a lot of Fiestas that cost more than a v6 Mustang!)
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Virgo062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rossville
Region: Georgia
Posts: 55
I would lose that contest. But hey I raced a 98 Mustang v8 and beat him in my daddy's s10 pickup. Why because I got a better light he was sure embarrassed. I even had the AC on. Oh the fund times at the track

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Funny maybe it's the way I was brought up but girls in big bad V8 seem perfectly natural to me. My daddy raised me well I don't at all feel out of place in my Stang.
Virgo062 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I didn't realize that was actually a question, I figured people drove sixxers because they couldn't afford the 8's
Or the fam ( who were unfortunately influenced by their friends) said no to a v8
alrefire is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

A charger over a Mustang? A chrysler?seriously? Unless it is an SRT, I would sooner take a Focus.

I care about spelling! But that is just me, I think...

So, you have 22,000 USD. You can be OUT THE DOOR with a 305 hp, 6 speed, front rear, brand new. 10 year bumper to bumper costs 980. So...how much is a 300 hp Subaru? Honda? Infiniti? Dollar for dollar, nothing compares. The Camaro is closest, but the v6 sucks in my opinion. Nothing new compares. What else has 300hp and gets anywhere near the same fuel economy? Then add price?

I would sooner get a v6, and do add ons to max power, before getting a GT. no disrespect guys, but when I think about how often I use power, compared to how often I am just driving, I do not need that extra power for the extra cost. 91 dollars a month for full coverage, v8 is more. Worse fuel economy in v8. Higher bAse price. To me, there is no point unless you are buying this as a track car, or have extra money to waste. Can bolt ons completely equal a GT? Maybe not. But if you took the price difference, did intake, full exhaust, and whatever else you want, you would be approaching the GT, and still have lower insurance, crazy good mpg and cost LESS.

But I keep it as a daily driver, too. Within 5 grand of the v6, the Camaro barely compares, everything else doesn't compare at all. Tit for tat, pound for pound, standard v6 Mustang is the best car on the market right now. Heck, go to a Ford dealership and find me a Focus that is cheaper. Everyone I see is around 24,000. (I know they exist, but I never see them. I see a lot of Fiestas that cost more than a v6 Mustang!)
To be fair, the Subaru costs more, but the v6 can't hold a candle. Suspension is already do e for you, 0-60 is 4.7, and the build quality is practically unmatched. I'm not a fanboy... I love cars, so I know the numbers.

The v6 serves the purpose of subsidizing the v8s. I want to be friendly (already crossed the line on politically correct) but you cannot convince me a v6 is a better choice. It's like dipping steak in ketchup... It's wrong and we all know it. The v6 screams 'wannabe'. I compare it to the 328s out there... Seems they had just enough to look like they had a lux but we all know they don't. 305 is respectable, but lets not forget a Honda accord now comes with 278...
SolidRRaxle is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle

To be fair, the Subaru costs more, but the v6 can't hold a candle. Suspension is already do e for you, 0-60 is 4.7, and the build quality is practically unmatched. I'm not a fanboy... I love cars, so I know the numbers.

The v6 serves the purpose of subsidizing the v8s. I want to be friendly (already crossed the line on politically correct) but you cannot convince me a v6 is a better choice. It's like dipping steak in ketchup... It's wrong and we all know it. The v6 screams 'wannabe'. I compare it to the 328s out there... Seems they had just enough to look like they had a lux but we all know they don't. 305 is respectable, but lets not forget a Honda accord now comes with 278...
You are dead on. But, how much is a 305 hp Subaru? MSRP is usually 39, I see them for 36ish. I think that the 14k can buy a suitable suspension to match lol, regardless of any other mods one wants to throw in.

I mean, can you agree that the price for what you get is the best bargain out there?
For the price difference, most things it can beat by putting that money into it.
For the 300+ k, I am sure one can make a better performing Mustang than a Lamborghini Aventador.

I do not mean this call out as hostile, just a friendly question, what out there is better than a v6 Mustang that a price difference cannot build it to be? Other and RollysRoyce, Maybach, maybe the GTR and 911s, I don't think there is anything.

I am not saying it is always a better choice. If you want to keep it stock, pay more for insurance, and have a slightly lower CD, then it is a better choice to get a v8.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

You are dead on. But, how much is a 305 hp Subaru? MSRP is usually 39, I see them for 36ish. I think that the 14k can buy a suitable suspension to match lol, regardless of any other mods one wants to throw in.

I mean, can you agree that the price for what you get is the best bargain out there?
For the price difference, most things it can beat by putting that money into it.
For the 300+ k, I am sure one can make a better performing Mustang than a Lamborghini Aventador.

I do not mean this call out as hostile, just a friendly question, what out there is better than a v6 Mustang that a price difference cannot build it to be? Other and RollysRoyce, Maybach, maybe the GTR and 911s, I don't think there is anything.
5 door (a little more pricey) wrx base stickers below 26. I think u are looking at STIs. Acceleration is the same basically, but they have the equivalent of boss vs gt upgrades for track (actually more serious) and u can't get them as stock.

I shopped this before I got Nadine. I wen all out on the mustang though, couldn't go base but maybe should have
SolidRRaxle is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Villero1834's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 222
Re: V8 vs. V6

I still cant believe people buy mustangs trying to get good fuel economy...good mpg should be blocked with *like whenever u say **** , ****, ***, **** again , etc...
Villero1834 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834
I still cant believe people buy mustangs trying to get good fuel economy...good mpg should be blocked with *like whenever u say **** , ****, ***, **** again , etc...
Lol, why? Why not have decent hp and good fuel economy?

http://carsort.com/compare/Subaru-Im...s-Ford-Mustang

I was comparing the STI because of that 0 to 60 time you gave. That is a good comparison! I don't like 5 speeds, sti is a 6, I also do not like 4wd, in a sports car. A Porsche with so much power the rear axle blows off? Okay, 4wd. GTR? Okay, 4wd. But the WRX seems like a waste of it. All that extra weight for just a bit of gain.

So the 3k difference into a base Mustang to the WRX I think could be done, but it would not be a slaughter. But the WRX does not get the same mileage, and repairs are going to be a lot more expensive. Is 26 a real world price for a WRX?
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Villero1834's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 222
Re: V8 vs. V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Lol, why? Why not have decent hp and good fuel economy?

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX vs 2012 Ford Mustang

I was comparing the STI because of that 0 to 60 time you gave. That is a good comparison! I don't like 5 speeds, sti is a 6, I also do not like 4wd, in a sports car. A Porsche with so much power the rear axle blows off? Okay, 4wd. GTR? Okay, 4wd. But the WRX seems like a waste of it. All that extra weight for just a bit of gain.

So the 3k difference into a base Mustang to the WRX I think could be done, but it would not be a slaughter. But the WRX does not get the same mileage, and repairs are going to be a lot more expensive. Is 26 a real world price for a WRX?
But u r talking about performance cars, i do agree those a great are great cars and mpg is not that bad , but if u want to save gas just get a yaris or something like that, i support any v6 mustang that couldnt afford a gt , like i cant afford a gt500 but really dont tell me they bought the v6 for fuel economy there a lot better cars for that price , i think an evox will smoke a v6 mustang hands down ho has nothing to do , ill get that before a v6 mustang all day.
I had a turbo lancer and i tried to convince my self that it was better than getting an evo, now that im on the other side i understand all the time and money i wasted on that car, reason why i bought the mustang
Villero1834 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Lol, why? Why not have decent hp and good fuel economy?

http://carsort.com/compare/Subaru-Im...s-Ford-Mustang

I was comparing the STI because of that 0 to 60 time you gave. That is a good comparison! I don't like 5 speeds, sti is a 6, I also do not like 4wd, in a sports car. A Porsche with so much power the rear axle blows off? Okay, 4wd. GTR? Okay, 4wd. But the WRX seems like a waste of it. All that extra weight for just a bit of gain.

So the 3k difference into a base Mustang to the WRX I think could be done, but it would not be a slaughter. But the WRX does not get the same mileage, and repairs are going to be a lot more expensive. Is 26 a real world price for a WRX?
From what I learned, don't expect much success with haggling... These things don't stay on the lot long. The performance gap is extreme though. Even dragging, it crushes an SS. 4.7 is wrx, sti is 4.6. Thing is though, they are awd so the car mags have all noted that only the most skilled will see below 5.0 seconds. AWD has very inconsistent launches (without the GTTs super computer to handle launch control). Subie is made by Fuji heavy industries. If I was buying a car only for reliability, it would be a subie. The initial quality test (they buy 100 and note how many had ANY issues over the first year) show subie beating even Honda. They also boast stats about most cars still on the road.

However, you gotta love winding roads, bare bones performance and be good with the ladies. The thing looks like a suppository, the inside is bland. You won't be getting waves from the ladies and if youve already got a girl, she will always want to take her car when you go out.
SolidRRaxle is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834
But u r talking about performance cars, i do agree those a great are great cars and mpg is not that bad , but if u want to save gas just get a yaris or something like that, i support any v6 mustang that couldnt afford a gt , like i cant afford a gt500 but really dont tell me they bought the v6 for fuel economy there a lot better cars for that price , i think an evox will smoke a v6 mustang hands down ho has nothing to do , ill get that before a v6 mustang all day.
I had a turbo lancer and i tried to convince my self that it was better than getting an evo, now that im on the other side i understand all the time and money i wasted on that car, reason why i bought the mustang
So if you can only have one car, and want good fuel economy, you would get a yaris or vitz? That is sad, man.

I want to get good mileage, but I like to enjoy myself, too. I can afford a GT. As a daily driver, in Cleveland snow, working in west Cleveland and living in East Cleveland, no track days ever, performance and city driving, you would take a v8 or GT500? Even if I could afford a 500, I would not buy it. I can not keep it in my garage, and take care of her. I would not pay 7 k to have a car that costs MORE to insure, gets WORSE mileage, and is just a bit faster to 35 mph. Well, I go 39 in 35s, but still.

That makes no sense at all, to me. I can't believe you would suggest a yaris/vitz to someone. I wouldn't to a friend, if I liked them lol

Your 25,000 focus gets 34 mpg? Cool. My last tank was 36. Yea, it was 22.3k before a plan or rebates. Oh, your focus doesn't have 300 hp?

Now replace focus with yaris/vitz, and that conversation becomes MORE depressing.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle

From what I learned, don't expect much success with haggling... These things don't stay on the lot long. The performance gap is extreme though. Even dragging, it crushes an SS. 4.7 is wrx, sti is 4.6. Thing is though, they are awd so the car mags have all noted that only the most skilled will see below 5.0 seconds. AWD has very inconsistent launches (without the GTTs super computer to handle launch control). Subie is made by Fuji heavy industries. If I was buying a car only for reliability, it would be a subie. The initial quality test (they buy 100 and note how many had ANY issues over the first year) show subie beating even Honda. They also boast stats about most cars still on the road.

However, you gotta love winding roads, bare bones performance and be good with the ladies. The thing looks like a suppository, the inside is bland. You won't be getting waves from the ladies and if youve already got a girl, she will always want to take her car when you go out.
On the site they said 5.3, I believe. I lost my lust for them around 2009, so my current knowledge on them is limited. You make very valid points, if they are actually 26, I will have to keep that in mind. Everyone I know comes to me for car help and questions. Mechanically I am not skilled, but I do have an automobile love. If I had a plan, and rebates, Mustang all the way. But average buyer, that WRX gives it some good competition.

Can you think of anything else? Not calling you out, just trying to expand the horizon. I compared the Imprezas and STIs before getting the Stang, never a wrx before. (I still love my choice)
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:14 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.