dealership ppl.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
dealership ppl....

So today my family and I went shopping for an extra family car. We walked away with a 2013 Chevy cruze and very happy with it... Anyways while walking the lot I was looking at literally every single car and a salesman approached me trying to get me into a camaro. I dnt think he liked my answer Wen I told him NO WAY I'm a mustang guy and have one waiting for me at home...lol
charlie03fastGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Re: dealership ppl....

Good reply....congratulations on ur new ride.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog
Good reply....congratulations on ur new ride.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
I really liked the new slowmaro when it came out but now that the new 5.0 is out the slowmaro doesn't even come close to it. The stang is lighter has more power and looks better inside and out.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Re: dealership ppl....

Lol... I saved my Mach 1 from a Chevy dealership.
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin
I really liked the new slowmaro when it came out but now that the new 5.0 is out the slowmaro doesn't even come close to it. The stang is lighter has more power and looks better inside and out.
Well he was saying that the camaro is faster and better. I simply said with those 45000 they want for the ss I cld take 5 grand put them into my mustang and smoke it all day long lol.......
Old 09-24-2012, 04:32 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Moved to general car discussion.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Excellent
Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
This reminds me of when a sales guy at Ford tried to convince me to buy a 2013 Mustang even though I've had my 2012 for only 6-7 months at the time. All I wanted was an oil change :p

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31 View Post
This reminds me of when a sales guy at Ford tried to convince me to buy a 2013 Mustang even though I've had my 2012 for only 6-7 months at the time. All I wanted was an oil change :p
I hate salespeople,,I know its their job,,but they too damn pushy..I remeber when i was getting mine,,a lady was buying a mustang for her hubby,,she told the saleman that he wanted the v8,,but the one she wanted was a 6..The salesman told her that they were both the same speed,,just the v8 burned more gas..When he walked away to do the "the me ask the manager if i can do that price" thing i spoke to her and told her that he was wrong,,and the v8 was alot faster,,and if that was what he wanted he would prob not be happy with the 6..I hope she seen through his BS
Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

I hate salespeople,,I know its their job,,but they too damn pushy..I remeber when i was getting mine,,a lady was buying a mustang for her hubby,,she told the saleman that he wanted the v8,,but the one she wanted was a 6..The salesman told her that they were both the same speed,,just the v8 burned more gas..When he walked away to do the "the me ask the manager if i can do that price" thing i spoke to her and told her that he was wrong,,and the v8 was alot faster,,and if that was what he wanted he would prob not be happy with the 6..I hope she seen through his BS
Wow that is horrible! If I over heard him tell a customer that I would have asked to speak with his boss to let his boss know that his salesmen doesnt know what he is talking about and is mis informing his customers.
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I was looking for the v8 also and when I went to the lot, they didn't have any. The salesman told me he could work me a great deal on the v6. I told him I love the v8 for the sound so I would wait. He told me the v6 was actually better with an exhaust system and they sound meaner with a v6. I said I wasn't interested. I also like the speed. He then said that with modding I could get it up to the 5.0. I told him with all the extra money. I could just buy a v8 when it came in. Eventually I left. He showed up at my house with the v6 two days later. I work nights. He woke me up. I laughed when I saw him. Then told him I would be driving two cities over to get my car from someone who listens.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08
I was looking for the v8 also and when I went to the lot, they didn't have any. The salesman told me he could work me a great deal on the v6. I told him I love the v8 for the sound so I would wait. He told me the v6 was actually better with an exhaust system and they sound meaner with a v6. I said I wasn't interested. I also like the speed. He then said that with modding I could get it up to the 5.0. I told him with all the extra money. I could just buy a v8 when it came in. Eventually I left. He showed up at my house with the v6 two days later. I work nights. He woke me up. I laughed when I saw him. Then told him I would be driving two cities over to get my car from someone who listens.
I would have test drove it to another dealership ....(pulling into other dealership)pointing out the 5.0 and then listing different things on it as to why i would want it over the v6 like for power, sound, and added mods, then leave him to turn around and leave with the v6 with a smile on my face lol. ( okay if I worked nights I probably wouldn't do that...depending on how irritated I would be by the salesman. Either way thumbs up.
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017

I would have test drove it to another dealership ....(pulling into other dealership)pointing out the 5.0 and then listing different things on it as to why i would want it over the v6 like for power, sound, and added mods, then leave him to turn around and leave with the v6 with a smile on my face lol. ( okay if I worked nights I probably wouldn't do that...depending on how irritated I would be by the salesman. Either way thumbs up.
Yeah. Kinda sucks because I live down the street from them and I want all my service done through ford. But I'm just going to have to go two cities over because I'm not dealing with them.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang View Post
Wow, nice catch on your part! Some of these sales guys are terrible! Both the same speed? Seriously? I'm losing my faith in the human race more and more :p I had to convince several salespeople in Toyota why I chose a Mustang GT over a Scion TC. You would think the answer was obvious....

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
commission will do many evil things to people especially if the dealership sucks and they dont get much traffic and sales.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31 View Post
Wow, nice catch on your part! Some of these sales guys are terrible! Both the same speed? Seriously? I'm losing my faith in the human race more and more :p I had to convince several salespeople in Toyota why I chose a Mustang GT over a Scion TC. You would think the answer was obvious....
lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion