vibration 70+ - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
vibration 70+

At about 70-75mph I feel vibrations on the floor. I also hear a whoa whoa whoa type of sound( but like a vibration sound; if that makes sense) at about 1 second intervals. At about 85+ its a constant vibration noise, with a 2-4 (on a 1-10 scale) vibration feel on the shifter. At 95ish+ its gets stronger (about a 5-7), the vibration. At 100+ I feel it bad in the shifter and its a loud vibration noise (10), like an unmistakable vibration noise. Now at a complete stop I rev'd a few times to about 3kish and I felt the shifter vibrate.
My friend tells me to check if there is any play in the drive shaft, he said they might be bad u joints but there new; universal ones from Auto Zone. His dad said it might be my tranny cross member/bracket/brace (so many names for one piece =]), im yet to put her up and check er, in the mean time any thoughts on what it could be?
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
Honestly the vibration 70-75 could be an alignment issue with your tires, the rest I'm not sure about. Hope you can get it figured out and fixed
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
First thing i would have thought was the drive shaft,,did you install it back in the same spot you took it off??I would recheck the u joints and the installation of the drive shaft..What do u mean universal ones from auto zone?
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx
Honestly the vibration 70-75 could be an alignment issue with your tires, the rest I'm not sure about. Hope you can get it figured out and fixed
I hope so, ill get aligned maybe tomorrow if not for sure next week.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
First thing i would have thought was the drive shaft,,did you install it back in the same spot you took it off??I would recheck the u joints and the installation of the drive shaft..What do u mean universal ones from auto zone?
No ={„ we didn't mark it. Ill get under her tomorrow after work and check that out. I just asked for u joints when I went to auto zone, figured they we're universal,, I don't remember telling them what it was for
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
But if it was the alignment would I still feel it in the shifter? Plus she goes straight for a while them slightly pulls to the right
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
But if it was the alignment would I still feel it in the shifter? Plus she goes straight for a while them slightly pulls to the right
I had a pick up that i did a rear tranny seal in and i put the drive shaft back in it had a shake to it and raised it back up and noticed i didnt have it back to the original spot and i move it and the problem went away..But i also done that on other vehicles and never had any problems,,..I would check your tires carefully,,you may have a broke belt,,its sometimes not real noticable,,it looks like part of the tire is raised a little..Also look at your tranny mount and make sure its in good shape
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Everything looks good, u joints wont jiggle tranny wont either, nor does the drive shaft. Everything is solid. Wait just to ask there is a tiny bit of movement when I push up on the tranny, my thought is that that isn't normal, (tranny mount) but im like a -10 when it comes to experience with trannies.
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Everything looks good, u joints wont jiggle tranny wont either, nor does the drive shaft. Everything is solid. Wait just to ask there is a tiny bit of movement when I push up on the tranny, my thought is that that isn't normal, (tranny mount) but im like a -10 when it comes to experience with trannies.
Its rubber ,,so it will flex a little,,while your flexing it look and make sure the rubber part looks good with no cracks or tears,,it will move but it should take some effort..Did you look at the tires closely for a broken belt??
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

Its rubber ,,so it will flex a little,,while your flexing it look and make sure the rubber part looks good with no cracks or tears,,it will move but it should take some effort..Did you look at the tires closely for a broken belt??
There about 3 weeks old
And what is a broken belt?
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

There about 3 weeks old
And what is a broken belt?
Its the steel radial belts in the tire, just run your hand across the tire and are if it feels wavy
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx

Its the steel radial belts in the tire, just run your hand across the tire and are if it feels wavy
I shall check. But wouldnt I feel it.in the steering wheel not the shifter?
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
I shall check. But wouldnt I feel it.in the steering wheel not the shifter?
Is your a manual tranny?? You may have a pilot bearing going out,,causing the front shaft to vibrate ,,which could vibrate the tranny shifter
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

Is your a manual tranny?? You may have a pilot bearing going out,,causing the front shaft to vibrate ,,which could vibrate the tranny shifter
Yep. Aww hell its about April of this year new though. Would that still be enough to vibe the whole tranny?
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Yep. Aww hell its about April of this year new though. Would that still be enough to vibe the whole tranny?
Youll be suprised a little bit of movement can amplifly through the transmission..While you have it revved up in neutral,,push your clutch in and out and see if there is a difference,,if you feel a difference it could be the pilot or something out of balance with the flywheel or pressure plate..The only thing is when the pilot goes out you usually hear a noise,,like a whirrling noise or something..I dont know if you have a inspection cover on your tranny,,but if you do ,,see if anything looks out of place or small metal pieces or anything,,while you bump the engine over ..Just a thought
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

Youll be suprised a little bit of movement can amplifly through the transmission..While you have it revved up in neutral,,push your clutch in and out and see if there is a difference,,if you feel a difference it could be the pilot or something out of balance with the flywheel or pressure plate..The only thing is when the pilot goes out you usually hear a noise,,like a whirrling noise or something..I dont know if you have a inspection cover on your tranny,,but if you do ,,see if anything looks out of place or small metal pieces or anything,,while you bump the engine over ..Just a thought
Bump the engine over?

I found these suckers before


Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121010_065516.png
Views:	87
Size:	735.8 KB
ID:	71722



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121010_065556.png
Views:	92
Size:	626.1 KB
ID:	71723



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121010_065717.png
Views:	95
Size:	584.7 KB
ID:	71726



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121010_065741.png
Views:	90
Size:	786.2 KB
ID:	71727
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Where did those come from..That dont look good..I meant bump the engine a little at a time while you look up in the clutch area through the inspection hole..if you have a inspection hole to look through..Someone on here may reconize them pieces..
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
Where did those come from..That dont look good..I meant bump the engine a little at a time while you look up in the clutch area through the inspection hole..if you have a inspection hole to look through..Someone on here may reconize them pieces..
I fished the little piece outta the fork hole with a magnet, and the long piece my mechanic pulled it out, possibly from the inspection hole, he got under her and pulled it out. He was saying it was through another hole so I think that might be the one
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:36 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.