V6 mustang or 370z Nismo - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Okay, let's be fair as some say and not lump in the v6 mustang in. Lets just compare a 32k mustang 5.0 to 36K 370Z. That's a fair comparison of vehicles. Year to date Ford has sold approximately 58,000 mustangs for 2012. At least half, were 5.0 models so that's 29,000 units sold year to date. Sales stats, the 5.0 is outselling the Z car by roughly 3.5 times assuming none were Nismo or touring sales. For every base 2012 370Z one sees, there are minimal 3, 5.0's. Ford rocks. Nissan only sold thus far 6,099 z units and that included all its models, base, touring and Nismo. Half the Z sales are most likely the base 36K model which sold units would be 3,500. Now actually the 32k 5.0 is selling 8 times more than the 36K Z.

If Nissan sold there base Z car for starting around 22 to 26 k, they would sell way more units and give the Camaro and mustang a run in sales. For 36k , Nissan better beef up the performance numbers to compete with the 5.0 and Camaro SS sales. And for 44k Nismo, Nissan is smoking crack.
It is not fair to compare the v8 with he 6. For sake of the 6, that is cruel.

I think the OP was saying it takes a certain kind of person to buy a z, and the Mustang is great bang for your buck. When you compare all of the v6, front rear cars out there, the Mustang is the best. There is no suspension upgrade worth the price of the Z. What he is saying is the prie difference does NOT reflect the real life vehicle difference.

No one wants to bring up what one can do with the money that is between the 6 and the z. But can anyone honest to God say that the Z is worth 10k more? For what? Nothing on it is that special. One can get a rear seat delete, suspension, whatever else for the price difference. The z is for someone who wants a Z. The Mustang is the best FR bang for the buck, no argument.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

I think the OP was saying it takes a certain kind of person to buy a z, and the Mustang is great bang for your buck. When you compare all of the v6, front rear cars out there, the Mustang is the best. There is no suspension upgrade worth the price of the Z. What he is saying is the prie difference does NOT reflect the real life vehicle difference.

No one wants to bring up what one can do with the money that is between the 6 and the z. But can anyone honest to God say that the Z is worth 10k more? For what? Nothing on it is that special. One can get a rear seat delete, suspension, whatever else for the price difference. The z is for someone who wants a Z. The Mustang is the best FR bang for the buck, no argument.
I like how this writer thinks. +1
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #73
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

+1
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
If your a dude driving a Mazda Miata then you might want to check your manhood. That car is right there with a VW Bug when it comes to being manly. I don't care how good that Miata handles, that's a girly vehicle and no straight guy would drive that as being his car. Maybe it's dudes wife's car but there is no way the Miata is in the league with a Mustang.

I think the 370Z is a good looking car but the sold year to date stats speak clearly on what a large majority of people think. The stats $uck because its way over priced for the performance one gets. People may think the 370z is nice but it ain't that nice for 36k plus. If a consumer has 35K to spend on sports car or sports like car clearly people are buying the Camaro or mustang 8 times more than the Z car. Ford has really set the mustang in being top class and take the lead in performance, power and handling sports car or sports like car. The sales numbers don't lie. If the 370Z was a great sports car and offer way more performance as the mustang, then its sales would show that and way more units would be sold. The 370z is similar in price to the 5.0. The stats don't lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Okay, let's be fair as some say and not lump in the v6 mustang in. Lets just compare a 32k mustang 5.0 to 36K 370Z. That's a fair comparison of vehicles. Year to date Ford has sold approximately 58,000 mustangs for 2012. At least half, were 5.0 models so that's 29,000 units sold year to date. Sales stats, the 5.0 is outselling the Z car by roughly 3.5 times assuming none were Nismo or touring sales. For every base 2012 370Z one sees, there are minimal 3, 5.0's. Ford rocks. Nissan only sold thus far 6,099 z units and that included all its models, base, touring and Nismo. Half the Z sales are most likely the base 36K model which sold units would be 3,500. Now actually the 32k 5.0 is selling 8 times more than the 36K Z.

If Nissan sold there base Z car for starting around 22 to 26 k, they would sell way more units and give the Camaro and mustang a run in sales. For 36k , Nissan better beef up the performance numbers to compete with the 5.0 and Camaro SS sales. And for 44k Nismo, Nissan is smoking crack.
You clearly don't understand sports cars and the people who buy them... $22k? Are you kidding me?
Quote:

You clearly don't understand either.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSRGuy94

You clearly don't understand sports cars and the people who buy them... $22k? Are you kidding me?

Clearly GSR, I do not. Over your 25 posts, I have not begun to. So, explain, as I already asked. You are great at saying we are wrong, but how? Use your big girl words and articulate HOW the vehicle with two less seats, close power to weight ratio, front rear, less fuel economy, similar power, is worth 10k+ more.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #76
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Notice: Please stay on topic and DO NOT post offensive remarks or attachments. Infractions will be issued to anyone breaking the rules. Remain mature and respectful in posting. No personal attacks are allowed toward individuals or groups. Fun is fun until it becomes offensive or hurtful toward anyone, then appropriate administrative actions will be taken.
Thank you,
ME Staff
Old 10-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #77
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Notice: Please stay on topic and DO NOT post offensive remarks or attachments. Infractions will be issued to anyone breaking the rules. Remain mature and respectful in posting. No personal attacks are allowed toward individuals or groups. Fun is fun until it becomes offensive or hurtful toward anyone, then appropriate administrative actions will be taken.
Thank you,
ME Staff
+1 idk why people get so mad over silly things we are here to have fun and chat about cars not everyone will have the same opinion but that doesn't make them wrong or a bad person for not agreeing with you. Some of the people on here amaze me with how rude they are.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I understand that majority of people want value for there hard earned money. Many people want to know if there shelling out 36k what exactly are they getting for there money. If Ford can produce a vehicle like the mustang v6 and sell it for around 22,500 then clearly Nissan could do the same for a 370Z if they cared about selling 370z cars. Clearly by the year to date sales and actually looking at the 370Z sales numbers for the past 5 years Nissan doesn't care about selling them.

Perhaps, from a autox race the Z edges the mustang out. From a non racing track vehicle the mustang eats it up in performance and acceleration for the 10k less. The base Z really isn't worth 36k and its sales numbers backs that up. I remember when Nissan stopped making the 300 zx back in the 90's because the car was grossly overpriced. History will repeat itself as long as those sales numbers continue. There isn't enough autox racers to keep the 36k car around for years to come.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

The entire sports car market tanked in the 90s. The C5 Corvette was supposed to come out in 1993 and got pushed back to 1997 to see if the market had any chance of recovery. The Z/RX7/Supra continued overseas for several more years. The 370Z compares well enough with cars IN ITS CLASS. Tell me, is the V6 Mustang in the same class as the Porsche Cayman/Boxster? What about the Audi TT? Should people cross-shop those cars?
Old 10-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The entire sports car market tanked in the 90s. The C5 Corvette was supposed to come out in 1993 and got pushed back to 1997 to see if the market had any chance of recovery. The Z/RX7/Supra continued overseas for several more years. The 370Z compares well enough with cars IN ITS CLASS. Tell me, is the V6 Mustang in the same class as the Porsche Cayman/Boxster? What about the Audi TT? Should people cross-shop those cars?
Truthfully, I don't know anything about the Audi TT or the Porsche Cayman boxster. I'm not a Porsche fan so I never been to a Porsche dealership to look at them. I've never been to a Audi dealership and have no idea what an Audi TT even looks like. I come in contact with thousands of cars daily and can't really think I have seen a TT. Audi's are nice cars and when I think of Audi I think way to high end for me. I'm just a blue collar kind of guy. Average Guy. Audi and Porsche are too Yale University, high society for my swag. Its along the lines of BMW, go to the country club and let's due water polo.

I really don't think of Nissan as high society for vehicles. I have always thought Nissan built great quality vehicles and had nice cars. I do think the 370z is a nice looking vehicle but way overpriced compared to other vehicles out there that give either the same or way better performance for 97% of daily operations of a vehicle.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

They do. And the 370Z is built to be in the same class as the Cayman/Boxster/TT/etc.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They do. And the 370Z is built to be in the same class as the Cayman/Boxster/TT/etc.
Then why did the car magazines in the past compare the mustang to the 370z? I never seen them compare the mustang to the Porsche boxer or Audi TT
Old 10-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Magazines compare lots of cars. Ask them. The tests I've seen where the V6 Mustang was included with the 370Z were more to see how far behind it would be. Like I've said, it's quite an impressive car for the money. But for a performance car it's out-gunned compared to cars like the 370Z. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just how it is. Some people don't see a reason to pay more for a car that "just weighs 200lbs less, has 25hp more, and has 2 fewer seats." They even think people are crazy for understanding/appreciating the differences. But sports cars rarely make sense, especially when compared to more conventional cars.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Magazines compare lots of cars. Ask them. The tests I've seen where the V6 Mustang was included with the 370Z were more to see how far behind it would be. Like I've said, it's quite an impressive car for the money. But for a performance car it's out-gunned compared to cars like the 370Z. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just how it is. Some people don't see a reason to pay more for a car that "just weighs 200lbs less, has 25hp more, and has 2 fewer seats." They even think people are crazy for understanding/appreciating the differences. But sports cars rarely make sense, especially when compared to more conventional cars.
Okay. so are you admitting that one pays for those differences.

We are not saying the v6 is better than the nismo or base. We are saying that it is NOT 10-25k better.

So, in that quoted statement, you would pay 25k for 200lbs less, 25 hp, and two less seats. Because two times I asked. You claim we don't know sports cars, because we wouldn't pay it. So Articulate what it is. What 25k upgrade does the Z have that makes it worth 1.5 to 2 v6s.

I see you are moving away from the point, and not arguing your side as much. No one is saying the Z is a bad car. We are saying it is not worth the money. That the money for a v6 plus mods is better than a z/nismo if we spend 36/44k. For 22k, the Z is a better bargain for most. I would take the 6 over the Z myself because I like it better, my year, model, equipment, so on, but for the 22k, the Z os better. But the Z is not worth 29, which is where the GT starts.

All I want to know is what makes a Z 10-25 k better. An emphasis on what can not be done to the Mustang would be important, too. For 44k, I would get a Boss or an RS2 instead of the Z, but a 6 with a dream suspension and turbo/super, tune and bolt ons would still cost less than the nismo, while running circles.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Okay. so are you admitting that one pays for those differences.

We are not saying the v6 is better than the nismo or base. We are saying that it is NOT 10-25k better.

So, in that quoted statement, you would pay 25k for 200lbs less, 25 hp, and two less seats. Because two times I asked. You claim we don't know sports cars, because we wouldn't pay it. So Articulate what it is. What 25k upgrade does the Z have that makes it worth 1.5 to 2 v6s.

I see you are moving away from the point, and not arguing your side as much. No one is saying the Z is a bad car. We are saying it is not worth the money. That the money for a v6 plus mods is better than a z/nismo if we spend 36/44k. For 22k, the Z is a better bargain for most. I would take the 6 over the Z myself because I like it better, my year, model, equipment, so on, but for the 22k, the Z os better. But the Z is not worth 29, which is where the GT starts.

All I want to know is what makes a Z 10-25 k better. An emphasis on what can not be done to the Mustang would be important, too. For 44k, I would get a Boss or an RS2 instead of the Z, but a 6 with a dream suspension and turbo/super, tune and bolt ons would still cost less than the nismo, while running circles.
You speak the truth brother. Check this. I could by a 13 5.0, Automatic (just example), trac pack, brembo brake package, pro charger supercharger, cold air intake, sct bama tuner and Flowmaster exhaust for the same price as a Nismo with few factory options. That's crazy!. The mustang models are like the best overall performance deal out there. Ford rules. And that 5.0 would be pushing 600 plus HP for around 45K.

The Z cars are nice but not 35k to 46K nice. I actually was blown away to see how much the Z cars cost. I was really shocked. I thought maybe base 370Z automatic MSRP 27K tops. Not 35k
Old 10-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

You speak the truth brother. Check this. I could by a 13 5.0, Automatic (just example), trac pack, brembo brake package, pro charger supercharger, cold air intake, sct bama tuner and Flowmaster exhaust for the same price as a Nismo with few factory options. That's crazy!. The mustang models are like the best overall performance deal out there. Ford rules. And that 5.0 would be pushing 600 plus HP for around 45K.
I'm with GSRguy on this one. It's like comparing apples to oranges. The Nismo is a factory designed track car (like the Boss) however, there weren't a lot of them made, HENCE THE REASON It's so expensive. The 370z is designed around taking sharp twisty turns, whether that's Autocross or just mountain roads. Take your '13 Mustang that you just listed and toss both of them onto a roadcourse. Which car is going to take those turns best? The mustang with it's live axle, V8, and tendency to overseer? Or the Nismo, which has a suspension designed to take those turns, less weight, and a better weight distribution? The Nismo will give that mustang one hell of a run for its money until you hit a big straighaway.

If you're looking at things from a DD aspect, then yes the V6 mustang would be the better option because it's made to appeal to the people looking for a good looking car with some pep while still getting great gas mileage. The 370Z isn't really made to appeal to the consumer as a DD.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

The steering/suspension feel of a Mustang will never match that of a real sports car. Capabilities, sure... that's relatively easy. People that like sports cars buy them because of how they feel, not just how fast they can get around a road course or how fast they run the 1/4 mile. Which is why I would also get a Scion FR-S over a V6 Mustang.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Mx-5? I get it. In a soft top, not for me, but the hard top, i completely get it.

FT86, I get it, too. I would go v6 first. I did lol

But I can't see anything, especially the base, being worth the cash. I am not saying nismo is not worth it, but like the OP said, how is the Nismo worth 22k more. I think the Boss is 22k more than the 6. Maybe the nismo is 8 k more than the z, but what justifies those prices? The GTR is a bargain, but the Z is a ripoff.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #89
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSRGuy94 View Post
The steering/suspension feel of a Mustang will never match that of a real sports car. Capabilities, sure... that's relatively easy. People that like sports cars buy them because of how they feel, not just how fast they can get around a road course or how fast they run the 1/4 mile. Which is why I would also get a Scion FR-S over a V6 Mustang.
How will a Mustang never match that of a real sports car? I'm having trouble understanding what your definition of a sports car is. I'm beginning to think you are confusing sports car with exotic cars.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mx-5? I get it. In a soft top, not for me, but the hard top, i completely get it.

FT86, I get it, too. I would go v6 first. I did lol

But I can't see anything, especially the base, being worth the cash. I am not saying nismo is not worth it, but like the OP said, how is the Nismo worth 22k more. I think the Boss is 22k more than the 6. Maybe the nismo is 8 k more than the z, but what justifies those prices? The GTR is a bargain, but the Z is a ripoff.
The Nismo version is overpriced to me. It uses parts you can buy out of the Nismo catalog. But the regular 370Z is not overpriced. Instead of thinking "It's $10k more than a V6 Mustang," how about "It's $16k less than a Corvette?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
How will a Mustang never match that of a real sports car? I'm having trouble understanding what your definition of a sports car is. I'm beginning to think you are confusing sports car with exotic cars.
You're seriously asking me how a ~3,500lb pony-car with a live rear axle and vague steering won't match the feel of a dedicated sports car? I never said it couldn't be as fast or get around a track as quickly.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The Nismo version is overpriced to me. It uses parts you can buy out of the Nismo catalog. But the regular 370Z is not overpriced. Instead of thinking "It's $10k more than a V6 Mustang," how about "It's $16k less than a Corvette?"

You're seriously asking me how a ~3,500lb pony-car with a live rear axle and vague steering won't match the feel of a dedicated sports car? I never said it couldn't be as fast or get around a track as quickly.
Dedicated sports car? Like the G37 sedan? Or something else? And i thought it started at 36. Which would be 14 k. And I don't know if I would get into an argument about it vs the corvette.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It's not just 30 more hp and less weight and less seats. It's better handling and the rims are also lighter as well better tires, better brakes. It's a number of things. But I would rather get a 5.0 then a 370
Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dedicated sports car? Like the G37 sedan? Or something else? And i thought it started at 36. Which would be 14 k. And I don't know if I would get into an argument about it vs the corvette.
On Nissan's website the MSRP is just under $34k. And on Chevrolet's website the MSRP of the Corvette is just over $49k IIRC. And the bolded part is kind of my point. You could make a 370Z DESTROY a Corvette with the money difference between them. But I still don't think they can realistically be compared, even though they are both sports cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
It's not just 30 more hp and less weight and less seats. It's better handling and the rims are also lighter as well better tires, better brakes. It's a number of things. But I would rather get a 5.0 then a 370
So would I.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Understood.

The group is just curious what makes a base Z worth 14k more than the base 6. Everything stated plus thos doesn't quite seem to do it, at least for me. Except, I guess, Mustangs can't be sports cars.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

After reading some other posts I can see a point of view where your coming from. I don't know anything about autox or what is involved with racing in that type of course. After being educated about the purpose of the 370Z, clearly this is a must have vehicle choice for autox racing only.

If you drive your vehicle on any regular basis such as public roadways (non mountain roads) other than autox, then the 370Z is way behind performance and grossly overpriced. If your looking for raw American pony sports like car power then the 5.0 will beat the Nismo on straight lines which is what most daily driving is and does this for 10k less. I do wonder out of the 6,099 370Z units sold year to date how many owners autox race with it?

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote:

I was talking to a sales rep from FC Kerbeck a few weeks back in Ocean City New Jersey at the Corvette show and they were selling a base 2013 Corvette for 44K. I'll take a Corvette over a 370 Z any day of the week but I don't autoX so the 370Z would not be my kind of ride.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #96
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSRGuy94 View Post
You still haven't defined what you think a sports car is...Soooo, we'll use the Internet.

Google
Sports Car
Noun
...A low-built car designed for performance at high speeds.

TheFreeDictionary
sports car
n.
An automobile equipped for racing, especially an aerodynamically shaped one-passenger or two-passenger vehicle having a low center of gravity and steering and suspension designed for precise control at high speeds.

...this one too...

n
(Engineering / Automotive Engineering) a production car designed for speed, high acceleration, and manoeuvrability, having a low body and usually adequate seating for only two persons

Wikipedia
A sports car (sportscar or sport car) is a small, usually two seat, two door automobile designed for spirited performance and nimble handling.[2] Sports cars may be spartan or luxurious but high maneuverability and minimum weight are requisite.[3]

The Houghton Mifflin dictionary defines a sports car as: "An automobile equipped for racing, especially an aerodynamically shaped one-passenger or two-passenger vehicle having a low center of gravity and steering and suspension designed for precise control at high speeds."

Road & Track article on the subject
Best All Around Sports Car

How an actuary defines a sports car...
What is a Sports Car

Lol, I don't dispute any of these, I would just like to know what your definition is and what category would you put the Mustang in?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

You still haven't defined what you think a sports car is...Soooo, we'll use the Internet.

Google
Sports Car
Noun
...A low-built car designed for performance at high speeds.

TheFreeDictionary
sports car
n.
An automobile equipped for racing, especially an aerodynamically shaped one-passenger or two-passenger vehicle having a low center of gravity and steering and suspension designed for precise control at high speeds.

...this one too...

n
(Engineering / Automotive Engineering) a production car designed for speed, high acceleration, and manoeuvrability, having a low body and usually adequate seating for only two persons

Wikipedia
A sports car (sportscar or sport car) is a small, usually two seat, two door automobile designed for spirited performance and nimble handling.[2] Sports cars may be spartan or luxurious but high maneuverability and minimum weight are requisite.[3]

The Houghton Mifflin dictionary defines a sports car as: "An automobile equipped for racing, especially an aerodynamically shaped one-passenger or two-passenger vehicle having a low center of gravity and steering and suspension designed for precise control at high speeds."

Road & Track article on the subject
Best All Around Sports Car

How an actuary defines a sports car...
What is a Sports Car

Lol, I don't dispute any of these, I would just like to know what your definition is and what category would you put the Mustang in?
That's easy, the mustang is a Pony car. Lol

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #98
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post
That's easy, the mustang is a Pony car. Lol
Lol
Old 10-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Some people have other reasons why they buy a car. Not "best value for the money".

Right or wrong, some are image, exclusivity, their background in cars (tuner crowd), location, etc.

And I would personally call a mustang a muscle/pony car (v6 and v8). It is engineered to be a very well balanced muscle car.

Sports cars are engineered differently. Right or wrong, Nissan markets, prices, and sells the z to a different market. And it is in my opinion a sports car.

Perhaps those in the tuner world hold the Nismo in their eyes like we do the Boss or Shelby. And they sit around asking why would anyone buy a mustang (v6 or 8).

Everyone has an opinion. Yes, sales are different but again, different markets/categories.

Can't we all just get along?

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

I honestly believe that you need to drive a 370 or even a 350z to understand the performance aspect of it. The way it drives is phenomenal and will leave you grinning, that is until you see the price. It's built for a different all around market than the mustang and does well in that market. The mustang is a great bang for the buck purchase but it lacks the feel that you get from a dedicated "sports" car.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #101
Lorraine's driver

Regular

There is a scatter plot in the actuary PDF, Lol. Yup, a scatter plot.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Uhhhh. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I must be missing some key visual on my iPhone. Jajajaja

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #103
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
You guys are still on this lol?
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
There's a couple of them. Lol

Old 10-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang
I honestly believe that you need to drive a 370 or even a 350z to understand the performance aspect of it. The way it drives is phenomenal and will leave you grinning, that is until you see the price. It's built for a different all around market than the mustang and does well in that market. The mustang is a great bang for the buck purchase but it lacks the feel that you get from a dedicated "sports" car.
It must not be a very big MARKET here in the US because 6,099 units sold in the entire United States of America sounds *****y to me. Must be a very small autox market in the US for 370z buyers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Tags
v6 mustang