SVT Focus??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
SVT Focus???

Been thinking about getting a beater/gas saver. Are these decent or large turds? Thanks guys.
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Have you seen the 2013 ford fusion ? They look awesome and get great MPG.
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Yea except I wanna spend 3 grand lol
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom
Yea except I wanna spend 3 grand lol
Lol I've had a focus before it was Great. I would die if it was my only car tho lol. But for a DD they are pretty awesome. Great for just running around town

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992

Lol I've had a focus before it was Great. I would die if it was my only car tho lol. But for a DD they are pretty awesome. Great for just running around town
Not sure about the SVT one tho.
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Yea I work at my dads used car lot and we go through a lot of focuses. I've bid on a few SVTs at the auction but haven't grabbed one yet
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom
Yea I work at my dads used car lot and we go through a lot of focuses. I've bid on a few SVTs at the auction but haven't grabbed one yet
The SVT from what I hear is a good car has plenty of power
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Yea I'd like to grab one if I can get it cheap. What I really want is a f250 diesel
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
The svt contour and focus are both good cars or the older Taurus sho's
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
I'm looking for one on Craig's also. A couple are like 4g's which ain't bad
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
I'm looking for one on Craig's also. A couple are like 4g's which ain't bad
Cars like the svt were built for a purpose they handle real well
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

Cars like the svt were built for a purpose they handle real well
My stangs handles well I just need a gas saver and I don't want a civic.
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

My stangs handles well I just need a gas saver and I don't want a civic.
Go with the svt focus or the contour you will not be disappointed
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

Go with the svt focus or the contour you will not be disappointed
Yea I just gotta look around. They have a 2 door and 4 door focus
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
The 4 door was not offered in the svt package only the hatchback
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003
The 4 door was not offered in the svt package only the hatchback
Are you sure?? The majority of the focuses being sold on Craig's are 4 door and say they are svt
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Ha ha 100% buy one but its not a svt lol
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Lol I'll do some research on em but heres the links and they have the svt engine. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/3360280367.html

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3328286890.html

http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/3265634244.html
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
3 door is all i thought not 4 door i can't find a 4 door on the web but i could be wrong so much for my 100% lmfao
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003
3 door is all i thought not 4 door i can't find a 4 door on the web but i could be wrong so much for my 100% lmfao
Haha lol I'll look on wiki when I get home.
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #20
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Yea I've only ever seen zx3 SVTs. I know they put the 2.0 dohc in regular focus though
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom
Yea I've only ever seen zx3 SVTs. I know they put the 2.0 dohc in regular focus though
The svt contour would be a better car in my opinion
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #22
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

The svt contour would be a better car in my opinion
Yea idk about the contours or the SVTs but the Taurus has probably the worst tranny in ford history. I can buy like a 96 Taurus at the auction for like $600 in good LOOKING condition lol.
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
TXstang125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom
Yea I work at my dads used car lot and we go through a lot of focuses. I've bid on a few SVTs at the auction but haven't grabbed one yet
U should get it cause I bet it's a fun little car to drive haha I want one
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom

Yea idk about the contours or the SVTs but the Taurus has probably the worst tranny in ford history. I can buy like a 96 Taurus at the auction for like $600 in good LOOKING condition lol.
Not as bad as the chrysler transmission lol
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
They came in zx3 and zx5, both hatch cars. Timing belt is extremely crucial as they are an interference motor. Other than that they are solid cars and peppy for the size and weight.
The european package is quite nice although the heated seats normally go out.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #26
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

Not as bad as the chrysler transmission lol
Ehh they have some bones. Durangos with 5.2s and 5.9s mostly, they loose reverse. Most tranny issues with Chryslers are due to electrical failures.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
They came in zx3 and zx5, both hatch cars. Timing belt is extremely crucial as they are an interference motor. Other than that they are solid cars and peppy for the size and weight.
The european package is quite nice although the heated seats normally go out.
Yea we've had to swap more 4 cyls out due to timing belt neglect lol. I could show you tons of pictures of destroyed pistons haha. These days as long as you throw some oil and timing belts at these little 4 clys they run forever. Especially kias and Hyundais.
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom

Ehh they have some bones. Durangos with 5.2s and 5.9s mostly, they loose reverse. Most tranny issues with Chryslers are due to electrical failures.
Yah i have. a 1994 concord for a beater its having issues
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #28
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
If I was looking for a beater, I wouldn't go for the SVT Focus. I'd just pickup a standard Focus. I don't have anything against them, you'll just get more car for your money. SVT means higher insurance and premium costs. You already have a performance car. Why would want a performance beater? Just my
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
If I was looking for a beater, I wouldn't go for the SVT Focus. I'd just pickup a standard Focus. I don't have anything against them, you'll just get more car for your money. SVT means higher insurance and premium costs. You already have a performance car. Why would want a performance beater? Just my
Very true I never thought of that
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
If I was looking for a beater, I wouldn't go for the SVT Focus. I'd just pickup a standard Focus. I don't have anything against them, you'll just get more car for your money. SVT means higher insurance and premium costs. You already have a performance car. Why would want a performance beater? Just my
Are you sure it is more money? I didn't think it companies cared about a few more horsepower. I have only heard differences in engine, like 6 or 8 or sc, so on. I look forward to learning more about this.

I know you don't want a civic and only have 3k, but for about 4k you can get an original Honda Insight. Its easy to et 70+ mpg out of it, a lot of people get 90-100+.

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Are you sure it is more money? I didn't think it companies cared about a few more horsepower. I have only heard differences in engine, like 6 or 8 or sc, so on. I look forward to learning more about this.

I know you don't want a civic and only have 3k, but for about 4k you can get an original Honda Insight. Its easy to et 70+ mpg out of it, a lot of people get 90-100+.
I shouldn't say a LOT, rather people do.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #31
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
If I was looking for a beater, I wouldn't go for the SVT Focus. I'd just pickup a standard Focus. I don't have anything against them, you'll just get more car for your money. SVT means higher insurance and premium costs. You already have a performance car. Why would want a performance beater? Just my
I'm just gonna slap a dealer tag on it lol. Other wise you'd be exactly right.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Are you sure it is more money? I didn't think it companies cared about a few more horsepower. I have only heard differences in engine, like 6 or 8 or sc, so on. I look forward to learning more about this.

I know you don't want a civic and only have 3k, but for about 4k you can get an original Honda Insight. Its easy to et 70+ mpg out of it, a lot of people get 90-100+.

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------



I shouldn't say a LOT, rather people do.
I'd rather saw my **** off with a dirty prehistoric arrow head than own a Honda. Or just buy more gas haha. Thanks anyway lol. I hate Hondas lol
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom

I'm just gonna slap a dealer tag on it lol. Other wise you'd be exactly right.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------



I'd rather saw my **** off with a dirty prehistoric arrow head than own a Honda. Or just buy more gas haha. Thanks anyway lol. I hate Hondas lol
Ha ha ha now that's funny
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #33
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Are you sure it is more money?
Price tag will always be higher on anything with SVT on it. That's not a bad thing. It may be "beat up", but not a beater, to me anyway.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Price tag will always be higher on anything with SVT on it. That's not a bad thing. It may be "beat up", but not a beater, to me anyway.
Yah their something about the svt I would love to have a collection of all of them.
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
I have a 2000 chevy silvarado and a 2004 chevy venture minivan for my daily drivers

They are both sitting in my driveway broken!! Damn chevys So I drive the mustang anyway.. Lol
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Tags
svt

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:54 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.