Gas prices - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
GaMuscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 81
Gas prices

Is it me or is gas prices for regular is going down but premium is still super high
GaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMuscle View Post
Is it me or is gas prices for regular is going down but premium is still super high
I paid 60 cents more for the premium,,I know when i drove through tennessee,,premium was only 20 cent higher than the regular,,Premium prices are set by the store owners to make more profit i think
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
FortyBrandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

I paid 60 cents more for the premium,,I know when i drove through tennessee,,premium was only 20 cent higher than the regular,,Premium prices are set by the store owners to make more profit i think
Ummm lol I wish I was in your part of tn because for me it was like 3.90 to 4.10
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
2.91/3.11 here...
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
08SteedaQ350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 881
$3.35 premium fill up today in Baton Rouge
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
jdavis96gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,014
$3.79 for premium in WV.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Here in the great white north (Michigan) premium is $3.65!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:18 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Trbluebullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 266
Premium 3.25 regular 3.08 north Al
Trbluebullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vmcgrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Eprise
Region: Alabama
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbluebullitt View Post
Premium 3.25 regular 3.08 north Al
Really 3.08? I'm paying 3.15 at Walmart down south of Alabama for regular
Vmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
I'm gettin fffd, $3.85 for 93
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
I haven't paid for gas in over ten years so when I fill up the Mustang every so often I don't even look at the prices.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
I haven't paid for gas in over ten years so when I fill up the Mustang every so often I don't even look at the prices.
???? Some one else buy it for you??.....
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #13
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
???? Some one else buy it for you??.....
Yes,I've had a company vehicle as a daily driver for over ten years now. They pay for gas,insurance and any maintenance it needs.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post

Yes,I've had a company vehicle as a daily driver for over ten years now. They pay for gas,insurance and any maintenance it needs.
Where do you work and how do I get your job?... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Yes,I've had a company vehicle as a daily driver for over ten years now. They pay for gas,insurance and any maintenance it needs.
I miss that about my old job... 60k a year and nothing out of pocket
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Gas is so fn cheap.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Trbluebullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmcgrath

Really 3.08? I'm paying 3.15 at Walmart down south of Alabama for regular
That's chevron gas too
Trbluebullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I'm gettin fffd, $3.85 for 93
Yea here in Indy we get screwed on the gas prices. Step over any neighboring border and it's a lower price.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
It's really low here

It's only 3.37 for 93
It used to be 4.03 during the summer
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude
Gas is so fn cheap.
Uh...ok...

I haven't seen cheap gas in over 10 years and doubt we'll ever see it again. Oil prices will continue to rise exponentially regardless of whether alternate fuels become readily available. In the next 10 years we'll be paying european equivalent prices for fuel.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Uh...ok...

I haven't seen cheap gas in over 10 years and doubt we'll ever see it again. Oil prices will continue to rise exponentially regardless of whether alternate fuels become readily available. In the next 10 years we'll be paying european equivalent prices for fuel.
+11 I remember back in '98 and premium was only about a $1.10 a gallon!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

+11 I remember back in '98 and premium was only about a $1.10 a gallon!..
Yupp, when regular topped $1.00 a gallon we were all freaking out...
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Yupp, when regular topped $1.00 a gallon we were all freaking out...
I remember getting pissed when it topped $1.50, now I'm happy when it's only $3.60!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

Uh...ok...

I haven't seen cheap gas in over 10 years and doubt we'll ever see it again. Oil prices will continue to rise exponentially regardless of whether alternate fuels become readily available. In the next 10 years we'll be paying european equivalent prices for fuel.
Look at what has to happen to make gas! You have to find it, then pump it or squeeze it out of the ground, then transport it to a refinery. From there you have to pimp it onto a ship (at some point usually) to float it to a distribution centre (or pump it through multi million dollar pipelines where it's pumped into trucks which haul it to a gas station with a special and expensive tanks, then pumped using special pumps to get it into your car. Honestly, im amazed they make any money at all... It's an amazing process and it gives life to our entire cat culture. Gas is expensive? Pah, it's so cheap its laughable. I would pay double the price in Canada and we're already quite a hit more expensive than the states.

When was the last time you got a gallon of treated and purified water? That comes from a tap, passes through a filter, and then gets put in a cheap bottle.

Also, think about what has represents. It's your freedom. The way you access your life. How you move and interact with things you normally couldn't. I hate hearing people complain about how expensive gas is regardless of the cost. And please, no "what if gas was 15$/gallon questions?" if gas gets that expensive its because inflation said so, or the whole market collapsed in which case your freedoms were taken from you long before the gasoline. That's simple economics.

Food for thought.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
around 3.60-3.90$ for 93 in Boca Raton,FL
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
mystang50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke
around 3.60-3.90$ for 93 in Boca Raton,FL
3.17 central Texas
__________________
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

Look at what has to happen to make gas! You have to find it, then pump it or squeeze it out of the ground, then transport it to a refinery. From there you have to pimp it onto a ship (at some point usually) to float it to a distribution centre (or pump it through multi million dollar pipelines where it's pumped into trucks which haul it to a gas station with a special and expensive tanks, then pumped using special pumps to get it into your car. Honestly, im amazed they make any money at all... It's an amazing process and it gives life to our entire cat culture. Gas is expensive? Pah, it's so cheap its laughable. I would pay double the price in Canada and we're already quite a hit more expensive than the states.

When was the last time you got a gallon of treated and purified water? That comes from a tap, passes through a filter, and then gets put in a cheap bottle.

Also, think about what has represents. It's your freedom. The way you access your life. How you move and interact with things you normally couldn't. I hate hearing people complain about how expensive gas is regardless of the cost. And please, no "what if gas was 15$/gallon questions?" if gas gets that expensive its because inflation said so, or the whole market collapsed in which case your freedoms were taken from you long before the gasoline. That's simple economics.

Food for thought.
Only water I buy comes from my sink.

Oil prices will continue to rise, just hope everyone is ready
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smokeyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Allen texas
Region: Texas
Posts: 81
3.18 Dallas tx
Smokeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Just dropped down to $2.99 at the shell by my place in Houston.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #30
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
3.23 for 87 in Sacramento , California.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
Just past on my way home from work 3.27 for reg last week was 3.52 small improvements.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
etc1006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 200
Averaging $3.25-35 fir regular around here.
etc1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Ummm lol I wish I was in your part of tn because for me it was like 3.90 to 4.10
The overall price was still high,,but the different grades were only a dime different.
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: belleville
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 21
3.95 for premium nj
fosingwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #35
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
$3.28 for premium in south Texas.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:48 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.