Tell us your mustang story - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to MACh237 Send a message via Skype™ to MACh237
Child dream..... And i got it at 27....(Last summer)... And since, she my baby!
- 2012 Aldo Beel Leather Shoes (Daily Ride)
MACh237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #37
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
I'll probably be booed off ME, but here it goes. When I started looking for a car for me only, I was looking for a Vette. As purchase time was becoming a reality, it dawned on me they are 2 sitters. I have two granddaughters that live 3 cul-de-sacs from us and my wife babysits them. I just couldn't take one at a time. I could picture one of them on the driveway in my rear view mirror. Then and there I decided to look for a different car. The GT was no brainer. I had to go 80 miles to get it. Looking back it was a great idea. I love my pony.
There is no shame in that... I would take a Vette over a Stang any day, but that's just me.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

There is no shame in that... I would take a Vette over a Stang any day, but that's just me.
+1 I would trade my car for a 91 up vette in a heart beat
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post

+1 I would trade my car for a 91 up vette in a heart beat
What's with all this Vette talk lately??
Old 12-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #40
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

What's with all this Vette talk lately??
Hey I'm only commenting on what people bring up lol.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Well heres my story. As a young kid i was always into camaros and vettes. My dream car was a 69 camaro ss. I eventually bought a 78 camaro with a 350 four bolt main with a saginaw 4 speed. I then blew the motor (due to a freeze plug and no temp gauge) and then sold the body. I then purchased a 88 pontiac firebird formula, 305 v8 with a 5 speed. The 3rd day i had it i was rear ended and the car was totaled. By now i graduated high school and a buddy of mine got a 90 lx 5.0 for graduation present. One drive in the car and that was it, I WAS HOOKED!! I then later bought a 90 lx 5.0, 5 speed, had a 95 cobra motor in it and that was my pride in joy!! Blew a head casket, and that was it... I couldnt afford to fix it so i sold it. Later down the road i purchased a 02 gt and liked the car but just got bored with it so traded for a 06 f150. A year after that i purchased a 92 gt, broke a valve spring, and sold it. So i told myself the next time i buy a mustang it will be bone stock and reliable. When the gt500 was introduced for 2007 i was hooked!!! I made up my mind that i would have one some day!!! Now ive got my dream, its stock( for now) reliable, and very powerful!!! The fox will always be my first love tho and will always be my favorite stang of all time!!! Within a year or two i will find a 90-93 coupe and never let it go!!! Heres a few pics of my first love!!! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1397337891.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	82487   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2190159549.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	82488  

Sampey43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
my first car when i was 17 was a 98 acura tl. had it for a year and half until it started giving my problems and back then i was into the tuner scene so i was looking for import/tuner cars then started looking at srt-4s then came across a 2000 mustang gt 5spd with 72k miles for 6800 and instantly wanted it. after i got it i fell in love with mustangs and then it started having problems little by little. the most major problem was it shot a spark plug out of the head. i got that fixed and traded it in for a 03 f150. had that for a little over a year and got the sickness again and after looking for a little bit pulled the trigger on a 2011 5.0 and havent looked back since
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
My first mustang was a 2000 GT. it was previously owned by my Mom and she decided to let me have it when I turned 16. I was so anxious to get behind the wheel and drive it, fix it up, and show it off. Today, I still have my GT and also added a new addition, my 98 cobra.
mustangmar2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I fell in love with the car when I was 12 years old in 2002. My uncle ordered a dark blue 03 cobra. I didnt know anything about cars, but that was the coolest, fastest car I had ever ridden in. He would take me to the drags and everywhere like that, and I was always talking crap on everyone else's car lol. He died in February 2003 and the car got sold, so ever since then my favorite car has been an 03 cobra. I still dont have an 03 but I bought a 2012 5.0 and wouldnt own any other sports car.
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Well I didn't plan on getting a mustang by any means. I had some money saved up and my dad and I where looking for a car for me. We found a beautiful classic mini and almost bought it, but the us govt wouldn't let me have it. So we continued to try to find a car down here. We looked at dozens of cars, I wanted something cool that had a v8 and was rust free. I really wanted a 1980 Trans Am with a 455 it it, we found one, it was just to rotted for me. Then this mustang popped up on Craigslist, I'm not a very big fan of fox body's so I was a little reluctant to go look at it, but we did and I bought it a week later. It has been a few months later and I do like it. I would still drop it like a hot potato for a trans am, but whatever.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion