Tell us your mustang story - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Tell us your mustang story

How did you get your mustang? I got my first 99 v6 electric green with 215xxx miles on it it was an automatic and I loved it. Was driving home from another town one day and I found a 99 cobra yellow at the car lot. I had to have a cobra lol. Never drove a stick shift and I just needed it. Traded my car and cash for this bad boy. once I got it the synchros were out so me learning how to shift and it not staying in 2nd sucked. So replaced trans. Later found out the car was electric green. :/ lmao I just traded my green v6 for a yellow cobra which was green also. What's your mustang story?
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I turned the big 50 in August and this was a gift to myself for being such a good girl
Virgo062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
18 yr old and just totaled my previous car so in the market for a commuter and decent looking car got my99v6 and since then been in love with them and got me an 02 gt which recently sold and now in the market for a terminator
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm 16 years old and knew for a long time that I wanted a mustang. Money is tight (because I'm 16) so I was lookin for a couple months for the right deal and found exactly what I was lookin for on craigslist. Within a day I was the owner of an 02 mustang gt.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
18 yr old and just totaled my previous car so in the market for a commuter and decent looking car got my99v6 and since then been in love with them and got me an 02 gt which recently sold and now in the market for a terminator
Nice the terminators are bad. If I was going to pay payments I'd find a mystichrome terminator a great investment
Old 11-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

So right before I turned 18 I went to my father's house ( parents were divorced), and there was a white 67 Shelby clone in the driveway with a for sale sign down n the floorboard. I called my dad later and he tried to pretend it wasn't for me until I told him about the for sale sign and he said you punk you caught me you can't have it until your 18th birthday! Car started having problems and I decided to tear down and rebuild it took 9 months for the rebuild and then only 1 week later before I got insurance, the vehicle was stolen! Found it a couple weeks later stripd down demolished ended up selling it for 400 dollars white Mustang gone.... last year my 1970 Torino broke down on me I found myself riding my bike to work everyday. I had to ride past a lot with an Oxford white 04 Mustang GT with a price tag of $14999.. week after week I rode by it and week after week the price dropd..first 13999 and 12 999 then 10 999 and so on. When it hit 9999 I went and made an offer of 9000. Owner accepted I took out a loan I cut him a check and the next thing you know I find out he wasn't even the real owner. No title!!! After 6 months of battling with DMV I finally found the riteful owner, stupud dealer paid off his loan got everything squared away registered it and the rest is history.
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I woke up June 1st, the day of my high school graduation and walk into my families shop and there she sits. :')

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
My last car...a 2005 lancer rallyart was totalled in an accident caused by a ****** using his phone instead of his brakes.... With insurance $$$ and a new job was able to afford my dream car
Guasimilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

17, graduating High School in May, and still working to get the money and parent approval to get one...... been saving up all of High School; i'm happy for all you that have cars given to you, but you have it so easy.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
17, graduating High School in May, and still working to get the money and parent approval to get one...... been saving up all of High School; i'm happy for all you that have cars given to you, but you have it so easy.
O_o. True one day you'll get one.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Was out shopping one evening with my wife, brother-in-law and his wife. Dropped the ladies off at the mall then my brother-in-law went around to different dealerships and there it was, a 2003 Mustang GT, 5 speed. The following day after my wife went to work I went to the dealership and came home the new owner and then told my wife about it.
redfire2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha. Don't be envious dude. It's WAY better when you earn it yourself. Lot more pride in it that way.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Started off with a black V6 years ago,then a 99 cobra 4yrs ago and now on my 3rd S197.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post

Nice the terminators are bad. If I was going to pay payments I'd find a mystichrome terminator a great investment
Yes they are just had no luck finding the right one
Old 12-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Was driving a 93 pontiac grand prix and decided to buy a newer car for college. Was at the nissan lot looking at pickups and there was a white 02 v6 on the lot. Test drove it and fell in love. Drove it through college with the terminator vision stuck in my head. Year after I graduated I spent 8 months looking for the exact car I wanted. Sold the v6 to a friend shortly thereafter and a buddy called about selling his 7up. Bought it. Married my wife and inherited her 3 mustangs as well.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire2003
Was out shopping one evening with my wife, brother-in-law and his wife. Dropped the ladies off at the mall then my brother-in-law went around to different dealerships and there it was, a 2003 Mustang GT, 5 speed. The following day after my wife went to work I went to the dealership and came home the new owner and then told my wife about it.
At least if your wife leaves you your car won't :/
Old 12-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07 View Post

Haha. Don't be envious dude. It's WAY better when you earn it yourself. Lot more pride in it that way.
I know, hopefully it will be some time in march when I find out which college I'm going to... I'm falling in love and planning my future with the car I don't even have yet lol

HID end all thread
Old 12-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know, hopefully it will be some time in march when I find out which college I'm going to... I'm falling in love and planning my future with the car I don't even have yet lol
Lol better major in something good. Heard some guy spent 100k in college and cannot find a job. That why I'm going into business because that's a never dying thing :/. Currently a freshmen and 3 and a half more years to go. College and mustangs FTW!!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Went clothes shopping and pulled up beside a ghig gt. I said, I must go to dealer and check this out! After jaw jacking with sales guy and him not taking me seriously, I requested the manager to make the sale. All I wanted was the 12 deals on the 13, and that's what I got.

I was 18 before I got my first car. Worked numerous fast food jobs to get my 93 GT. Worth four years of waiting!

15 years later, I'll say this one was definitely worth the wait!
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Agree with you bro, it must be nice getting a car(mustang) from your parents. I could happily say i own a stang!!!!!
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Always wanted a mustang so when the 13's came out i knew i had to have one,so i started work like 50 hours a week while going to school and saved up for a year and paid cash for my brand new black 13 v6.i love it.it fits me just right.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
I just turned 21 ive been saving since I was 15 to get a bullitt because I saw one at this mustang shop where I live and just now got outta college and parents wouldn't let me have one. Us having to save for them I think will make us appreciate the cars a little more. No doubt that those who had them gave to them will appreciate them as well cuz who wouldn't love a stang. But hang in there buddy I kno how you feel it's been a long wait for me as well
Trbluebullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life
So right before I turned 18 I went to my father's house ( parents were divorced), and there was a white 67 Shelby clone in the driveway with a for sale sign down n the floorboard. I called my dad later and he tried to pretend it wasn't for me until I told him about the for sale sign and he said you punk you caught me you can't have it until your 18th birthday! Car started having problems and I decided to tear down and rebuild it took 9 months for the rebuild and then only 1 week later before I got insurance, the vehicle was stolen! Found it a couple weeks later stripd down demolished ended up selling it for 400 dollars white Mustang gone.... last year my 1970 Torino broke down on me I found myself riding my bike to work everyday. I had to ride past a lot with an Oxford white 04 Mustang GT with a price tag of $14999.. week after week I rode by it and week after week the price dropd..first 13999 and 12 999 then 10 999 and so on. When it hit 9999 I went and made an offer of 9000. Owner accepted I took out a loan I cut him a check and the next thing you know I find out he wasn't even the real owner. No title!!! After 6 months of battling with DMV I finally found the riteful owner, stupud dealer paid off his loan got everything squared away registered it and the rest is history.
Dang, life is just hitting you hard. I shed a year when I saw what happened to that clone.
Stanglover1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
I got my first mustang from a friend. It's a funny story actually my good friend bought himself a 93 hatchback lx from an older gentleman. Later his girlfriend got pregnant and he traded another of our friends for his truck. Well my friend he traded the mustang for the truck was diagnosed with epilepsy and the state took his license (sad day for my buddy never have I seen a man cry so hard about something) so he was selling it and I picked it up for 1500$ was a 4 banger hatch back buy still a mustang none the less. This car was the mustang I fell in love with and now I have a 1999 mustang gt. my friend got his license back and bought a V6 automatic. Once you have the best why try anything else is our theory.
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
22 ..My first car was suppose to be a 99 v6 mustang but i was impatient and got something else instead... Wanted one ever since ... a couple of months back i was itching for a new car and I knew exactly what I wanted ... So I built the one I wanted online and sent in a quote request ... Went in to sign papers and as I was signing papers on one 300 miles away it got sold... They found another farther out and went and picked it up for me I've been a giddy school girl ever since lol
Old 12-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #26
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post

Lol better major in something good. Heard some guy spent 100k in college and cannot find a job. That why I'm going into business because that's a never dying thing :/. Currently a freshmen and 3 and a half more years to go. College and mustangs FTW!!
I'm going into business also. Business Administration... Probably going to focus in Marketing.

HID end all thread
Old 12-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to dudeitsdylan
I graduated high school two years early so my parents bought it for me as a graduation present. I help make the payments on it though.
dudeitsdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
When I first seen the dark shadow grey color on a Mustang, I fell in love with it. So, I found a 03 V6 and bought it (plus, I kind of felt like I was sticking it to my Chevy loving ex lol). My Mustang and I bonded ❤ it was the best car I've ever had!!

Then 4 years later.....

I seen the 2011 Mustang commercial on the new V6 and fell in love again. But I still owed money on my 03, and I felt a little guilty wanting a new one. So, I waited till I paid off my 03, which by that time, no grey But I really liked lava red as long as I got the lava red interior too. Nobody around here had the lava red interior. That's when I decided I would build my own. So I did. My sales guy told me it would be 6-8 weeks. 6 weeks come and go and I thought I would go to the dealer and see if they had heard anything. I get out of my car and 2 salesmen are standing there and they said your car has been here for a week, dude lost my number!!! I was a little pissed off, till they showed me my car!! It was love at first sight!! I still feel a little bad for trading in my 03 tho. It was good to me!!

And that's how my love of Mustangs started!!!
LavaRedGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I got my mustang two years ago the next day after passing my driving test (past the first time). I got an 09 v6 as a rescue tee from a Hyundai dealer . Best decision I ever made and its a pretty good first car. Now just need to finish paying it off and get V8
muse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

My wife rented a Hertz Shelby for the weekend for my birthday a few years ago. I flogged that car for two days. I've always admired Mustangs, particularly the classics, but have always been more of a sports car guy. The handling impressed me enough I thought the S197 chassis could scratch that itch now. I let her drive a bit to set the hook there, too.

We spent the last four years getting our financial house in order and last summer we were set to buy. I spent a few weeks brushing up on the '12 and '13 cars, and watching dealer inventory in the region. Happily, our preferred dealer happened to have about the exact right car in stock. I watched that one for a couple of weeks & we went in to pull the trigger on July 4th--what better day, right?

That was about the easiest car purchase ever. Since we qualified for both X-plan, and A-plan, it really boiled down to verifying the car was still there, then finding the better plan & throwing all the incentives we could find at it. Drove off the lot with 15 miles on it--and half of those were our test drives (she had to get one too). Mods are pretty easy to get wife-approval on now.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I got my permit at 16, searched and searched for a used mustang with a reasonable budget. After months of searching online I found a beautiful 2006 vista blue gt and had to get it. My dad was all for it and my mom ha no idea what we were doing. Bought it for $16,000 with 26,000 miles. Now I am saving up for upgrades which I also have to buy behind my moms back because she thinks my car is already nice but she doesn't understand that everybody wants to upgrade a mustang, it's what you do. So, so far I bought pypes pype bomb axel back exhaust and am now saving for a tuner.
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #32
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depack21 View Post
I got my permit at 16, searched and searched for a used mustang with a reasonable budget. After months of searching online I found a beautiful 2006 vista blue gt and had to get it. My dad was all for it and my mom ha no idea what we were doing. Bought it for $16,000 with 26,000 miles. Now I am saving up for upgrades which I also have to buy behind my moms back because she thinks my car is already nice but she doesn't understand that everybody wants to upgrade a mustang, it's what you do. So, so far I bought pypes pype bomb axel back exhaust and am now saving for a tuner.
You have an awesome dad, neither of my parents want me to have a mustang. And they seen to be doing a good job at it

HID end all thread
Old 12-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I'll probably be booed off ME, but here it goes. When I started looking for a car for me only, I was looking for a Vette. As purchase time was becoming a reality, it dawned on me they are 2 sitters. I have two granddaughters that live 3 cul-de-sacs from us and my wife babysits them. I just couldn't take one at a time. I could picture one of them on the driveway in my rear view mirror. Then and there I decided to look for a different car. The GT was no brainer. I had to go 80 miles to get it. Looking back it was a great idea. I love my pony.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
My dad rode around in my car in high school it was his friends and then found it for sale no motor no trans and bought it for me an we built the 2.3 turbo and put new interior in it and new paint job it has come a long way lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-716417343.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	650.0 KB
ID:	81589   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1511713435.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	642.2 KB
ID:	81590  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-79505907.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	492.9 KB
ID:	81591  
Old 12-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I started thinking about sports cars around the time I turned fifteen, but once I turned 25, I started thinking about it way more seriously. I considered an Evo X, a G35, and strangely enough I took a liking to the Lotus Evora--until I saw the price tag, and learned that it uses the Camry's engine. Pretty soon, I took a shine to the stangs. The dealership I used to work at, at the time, tried to convince me to buy a Scion TC, but my heart was set.

I like a little "vroom vroom," so I picked out the 5.0. And to make the drive even more stimulating, I chose manual over auto. Practiced in an old Mazda for a few days, and then brought my stang home It's been a year since I bought it. My friends are envious lol! I'm paying it off at a swift rate, too. Between October 2011 and now, I brought down the debt from 25K to 13,700K. I think I'll be able to pay it off near the end of 2013

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion