Any corvette owners ? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I would just change interior a nice pedestal wing custom hood and then do engine work. Just feels weird going from a 05 to another 06-07 car. But damn I wish we had HUD and keyless start and a targa top lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #37
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
I would just change interior a nice pedestal wing custom hood and then do engine work. Just feels weird going from a 05 to another 06-07 car. But damn I wish we had HUD and keyless start and a targa top lol
The HUD is amazing, I've driven our vette a few times and it is awesome!

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111
I'm single no family I don't need a trunk or back seats lol the winter will suck but the roads by me are always plowed lol trust my I want a 5.0 to but you can't tell me the vette isn't more of a panty dropper car lol
I had a dd vette, worst car ever on snow. My 50 mi trip on 1" of snow would take 2hrs. When a simi would pass, hold on to your *** because it would blow you side ways. With the wide front tires, there is no speeding up to keep it from happening. As far as a panty dropper, LOL I got more looks in my ol 66 Ford truck. Unless your counting old women in Cadillacs an gold diggers. But hey, everyone wants to own a vette a some point. I'd wait til I could make it a garage queen, because they do not hold up to daily driving, I don't care how many miles so & so has on his. I learned it first hand.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

A mustang is just as bad I think
Old 12-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A mustang is just as bad I think
I disagree, but hey It's your money.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Both are rwd both have 400hp the vette is lower which hurts it in that weather. Some good snow tires less then a inch of snow I wouldn't see a problem . Not like I'm going to go out in 6 in of snow unless its a empty parking lot lol
Old 12-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

We all have to make our own mistakes, good luck with it.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I'd be happy with ethir car it will come down to most bang for buck with 28k limit
Old 12-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #44
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
You are saying all this like it is fact, you did say you experienced it. But that doesn't mean he will have the same experience as you.

OP, I personally wouldn't get a vette unless it can be stored during the winter, we don't that have problem with ours because we live in Cali and the worst that happens is it rains.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote:
I'd be happy with ethir car it will come down to most bang for buck with 28k limit
We got our 03 for about 20k because my mom works with a guy who inherited it from his father who passed, and he isn't a car guy so he never drove it (why it's got 40 something thousand on it) and was upside down in his house and needed the money.

HID end all thread
Old 12-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4

You are saying all this like it is fact, you did say you experienced it. But that doesn't mean he will have the same experience as you.

OP, I personally wouldn't get a vette unless it can be stored during the winter, we don't that have problem with ours because we live in Cali and the worst that happens is it rains.
The dude asked for opinions, I stand by mine. I'm not 15 like yourself, so I do have a little experience. The op sounds like he's made his mind up anyway, I wish him the best. I just hope he comes back to M.E. and let's us all know how that panty dropping thing works out.lol
FYI if you want a real panty dropper, buy a Harley-Davidson
Old 12-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #46
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
The dude asked for opinions, I stand by mine. I'm not 15 like yourself, so I do have a little experience. The op sounds like he's made his mind up anyway, I wish him the best. I just hope he comes back to M.E. and let's us all know how that panty dropping thing works out.lol
FYI if you want a real panty dropper, buy a Harley-Davidson
Now you are just being condescending. Yes he asked for OPINIONS, not our permission. You gave yours and then proceeded to say that it is the best and only way to go. I gave him my experience and then gave him my opinion, i never said that it was the only way to go. If he wants one, let him get one. All we can do is give opinions, we can't tell him what happened to us and then say it is absolutely going to happen to him, that defeats the purpose of an opinion.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Sounds like you are saying that he is already set to fail... Doesn't sound like much of an opinion.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote:
I disagree, but hey It's your money.
You gave your opinion, then he gave you his... There was no need for this post.

HID end all thread
Old 12-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

LOL, you win
Old 12-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
LOL, you win
Andrew usually does, and his dad owns currently owns a vette, so I think he's got more experience with them.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Andrew usually does, and his dad owns currently owns a vette, so I think he's got more experience with them.
And he's 17 not 15
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Now you are just being condescending. Yes he asked for OPINIONS, not our permission. You gave yours and then proceeded to say that it is the best and only way to go. I gave him my experience and then gave him my opinion, i never said that it was the only way to go. If he wants one, let him get one. All we can do is give opinions, we can't tell him what happened to us and then say it is absolutely going to happen to him, that defeats the purpose of an opinion.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Sounds like you are saying that he is already set to fail... Doesn't sound like much of an opinion.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

You gave your opinion, then he gave you his... There was no need for this post.
+100000
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #51
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
I wouldn't say i've got more experience... He probably does, but we should let OP decide what to do and not make decisions for him.

HID end all thread
Old 12-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Mustangs should just have a targa top! My old 1987 has them, no leaks and it is 25 years old! I don't know why the new ones don't.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #53
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
Mustangs should just have a targa top! My old 1987 has them, no leaks and it is 25 years old! I don't know why the new ones don't.
My dad's 88 GT had one also..... Until he rolled it.

HID end all thread
Old 12-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

any more bickering and the thread will be closed...that's the only warning

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #55
ME Bloodhound
Staff

We're good, bickering stopped... Already settled our differences also, read the latest in "What Grinds Your Gears"

HID end all thread
Old 12-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Now now the targa top is one of the reasons I find them so attractive . Also you can't say a vette is not sexy that would be un American lol also I've driven through Chicago winter for 6 yrs I just go slow
Old 12-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Now now the targa top is one of the reasons I find them so attractive . Also you can't say a vette is not sexy that would be un American lol also I've driven through Chicago winter for 6 yrs I just go slow
Realistically the corvette isn't the best car, neither is a mustang for the price range. The only thing is the rust that you will without a doubt encounter. Which one will turn into the rust worms lunch first? That would be a big question for me. Now the corvette is plastic, so it probably would last longer.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:17 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Not that big of a deal to me wash my current car during winter every other day. Not to say the salt won't get to it eventually but that's every car on the road. I truly like both cars guess it will come down to test drives and what I can get for my money. I've had trouble finding 12s for 27-28 otd price range
Old 12-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not that big of a deal to me wash my current car during winter every other day. Not to say the salt won't get to it eventually but that's every car on the road. I truly like both cars guess it will come down to test drives and what I can get for my money. I've had trouble finding 12s for 27-28 otd price range
I know all about salt. I lived about 4 hours north of Toronto for 10 years. I just think that it would be a shame to subject a corvette to that.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott

I know all about salt. I lived about 4 hours north of Toronto for 10 years. I just think that it would be a shame to subject a corvette to that.
But a Corvette would fair better than a Mustang, regarding the body and rust. I think both are great for the price range. Except for me, I would go turbo or tt v6 Mustang instead of the GT. And when 2015 models come out in a year or so, prices might be better.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Either car id prep the under carriage with bed liner. You can buy it in rattle cans. My cars i coat when i get them and i dont worry about salt damage...my stangs are my winter beaters.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Either car id prep the under carriage with bed liner. You can buy it in rattle cans. My cars i coat when i get them and i dont worry about salt damage...my stangs are my winter beaters.
+11
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Do you just spray the whole undercarriage? And that's pretty cool if bit of preventive maintance helps. And no way will I buy a v6. The new 3.7 is amazing but I'm coming from a 05v6. Been there done that regretted it lol. Ethir car I get will be with me for good
Old 12-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Do you just spray the whole undercarriage? And that's pretty cool if bit of preventive maintance helps. And no way will I buy a v6. The new 3.7 is amazing but I'm coming from a 05v6. Been there done that regretted it lol. Ethir car I get will be with me for good
Does it matter if you gt it on anything?
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you were coming from a v8 I could understand you not wanting to stay in the same 300 hp range, but 05 v6 is like 2-215 hp, right? And a turbo/tt v6 would have more power than a GT. i am NOT saying one is better than the other, but you can stay near the same price, have almost the same car, and make more power.

There is the pro charger, too.

Myself, I would just go GT, because to me it being newer and having a warranty is VERY valuable. Because I like the 10+ body style so much, If the warranty didn't matter, I would turbo. If I wasn't so big on fuel efficiency, I might, go super charger on it.

Both turbo and super will put out more than a regular v8, so going from a stock 05 v6 to a 11-13 GT/vette would be a smaller jump then what I am suggesting lol. You can do what you want, its your future car, I am just thinking of other options that might interest you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 12-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

I'm more then capable of handling ethir lol I race 1000cc sportbikes haha The v6 was first car. Just like both cars alot
Old 12-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm more then capable of handling ethir lol I race 1000cc sportbikes haha The v6 was first car. Just like both cars alot
I am not saying you can not, I didnt mean that in anyway(i am not really sure how you got that at all haha). My point was, going from a v6 with 200 ish hp to a v6 with 475+ hp would be pretty similar to going to a v8. I didn't get what reason a sc/t/tt v6 would be worse than a v8.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #68
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I am not saying you can not, I didnt mean that in anyway(i am not really sure how you got that at all haha). My point was, going from a v6 with 200 ish hp to a v6 with 475+ hp would be pretty similar to going to a v8. I didn't get what reason a sc/t/tt v6 would be worse than a v8.
There is that V8 rumble, i know thats one of the huge reasons i would rather get an 8 than a 6... But that's just me.

HID end all thread
Old 12-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

My aplogies I'm all worked up from the holidays . Lol nothing wrong with it simply if I want to keep the car for a while I want a v8 can't beat that sound. The 6 is a great car just ready to move on. Just deciding between a ls3 or 5.0 I think it will come down to the deals available in spring
Old 01-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

I struggled with the Corvette purchase, I was dead set on buying either a low-mile clean, used C5 Z06 or a newer C6 model. I had agonized over the purchase, scoured over inventories at dealerships all over my area for over two years, and when it came down to buying, I couldn't do it because it lacked so much that the Mustang had to offer.

I had a clean, low-mile 98 Trans Am, and compared to the C5, I felt they were very similar as far as build quality, and comfort. That was the real driving force to replace it, was that I wasn't comfortable in my TA, rarely drove it, and I hoped a Corvette would fix this. I felt the build quality wasn't what I wanted in the C5 or C6, and to get it to a point where I'd enjoy driving it (new seats, etc) would be much too expensive. The LS motors are old-school push-rod motors, and just like the interiors, are becoming dated. I wanted something new, fun, and more importantly, tune-able without re-mortgaging my home.

On a whim I went and drove a new 5.0, since i'd owned fox-body 5.0 cars in the past... and loved this car so much I forgot about my Corvette completely and couldn't be any happier with my choice.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion