Mustang Vs. TL... Advice..? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang Vs. TL... Advice..?

My issue is that my husband of 6 years and I are seperating. He finally got his dream job and is moving over 2000 miles away in august. we have decided i will not go with him but we will stay together in our house until he leaves.

my issue right now is my car. When I was 22 he insisted I need a car far beyond my means (2005 Acura TL W/Navi). I tried to get rid of it in 2007 but no one wanted to trade cus it was a lease. i bought out the lease. now that I will be on my own I need to downsize my bills and the car is #1 to go (so sad, i adore my car).. but the dealers i see want me to take like a 6000$ hit on it, which i simply cant do. Today I went to a Ford dealer and tested a 2006 Mustang. This car has 18,800 miles, warranty for another 3 years.. one owner.. and i'll only have to roll abour $1000 into the new loan. (Lower payments by about $70)I have a past history of loving Mustangs but now my husband is insisting i am being childish, immature, irresponsible and will now put up a fight for me to not get to stay at our house when he leaves.. Yes, it is a car I've fancied in the past.. and I know its not ideal in the snow (I live in NY) but no one wants to give me what I owe and this really seems like a win-win situation. he insists if I go thru with it tomorrow that he will fight me on the house and I throw any chance to get back together in the future out of the window..

I'm stuck.

ADDITIONAL INFO BUT NOT REQUIRED>>The house is in his name and I know its "half mine" since we are married but it has no equity and I cant afford it alone.. It has 3 units and we rent two and essentially live for free in the 3rd which would help me greatly for like a year while I consolidate bills etc.. I've been with him since i was 20 years and 1 month old so being alone is kinda scary and I dont wanna rush into anything big.. And I sure cant afford a lawyer to fight it out..
fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Your husband sounds like a real tool, honestly. What does he care what you drive or where you are going to live when he is gone? If you ask me, he is just pissed off that you are smart enough to realize you can't afford to live the same way and you are going to make the changes necessary to live within your means when he is gone. His entire plan of showing you how impossible it would be to live without him is falling apart and now he wants to get nasty about it. Get a car you can afford, find a new housing situation, and move on with your life.
daren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

pride or house?
deshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I won't address your complicated personal situation but I will tell you about the Mustang. I bought a new 2005 Mustang (V6 engine auto transmission) four years ago last month. The car has never had anything break, ever. It has never had to go back to the dealer for anything, ever. Cruising on the interstate at 65 I get 28 MPG. It is the best car I have ever owned!
This is the fourth Mustang I have owned, and yes, they all are lousy on a bad snowy day. However, I placed four 60 pound bags of sand in my trunk and kept the gas tank full (adds weight) and it was a lot better. Also, if the car has the ABS braking system it also will have a feature called traction control, and that helps a whole lot.
ioan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion