Going to be getting a new sport car.? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Going to be getting a new sport car.?

I have about a 10000 budget, and ive been looking at the following, 300zx tt, An eclipse( if i can find one for a bufget), a 1995-2004 mustang gt, A skyline (again if i can find a decent one in budget, A Mazda rx7. Those are a few ive looked at, any opiinions? how are they for speed and performance? what one would you sugest? and any other sugestions on othe cars are apreciated.

kolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Registered Member

The 300ZX is a wonderful car, but is a huge pain to do work on it.

An Eclipse would be ok, but make sure you have the transmission looked at before buying, they do have transmission problems.

A Mustang wouldn't be so bad, but since you are only going to pay 10K it will probably be high mileage.

If you live in the USA, then Skylines are not sold here. GT-Rs have only been sold in the USA. I've never personally seen a Skyline outside of the USA.

A RX-7, those are pretty old, you could probably buy a RX-8 with that money. The main problem with the RX's is that they are not fuel efficient, not by any means, ans the RX-7 is know for also burning oil, they are truly amazing cars. I just test drove a RX-8 and the handling was just amazing, but the rotary engine was keeping me back from buying it. I personally liked the 9K RPM redline in the RX-8, but again not worth the money.

If I were you, I would also look into a 240SX and really fix it up, those can be made into hella fast cars.

Good luck man

imported_conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

Out of what you listed, the one with the quickest acceleration and highest top speed and best handling is the RX-7, but it is also the least reliable, most expensive to maintain or fix, and the worst in snow or rain.

For Drifting, you need lightweight and RWD. The RX-7 is again the best choice. The Eclipse is FWD so it cannot drift. But it can drive in snow and it is the cheapest to own and insure. This is also the most reliable.

Skyline is hard to find. Not street legal in North America since they were not made for the North American market and not sold there. Also hard to come up with the money to modify one.

Mustang's are cheap. Cheaply made. Bad interior design. Cheap plastics. But it has good power for the price. Handling is also bad. But acceleration is good. 0-60mph in 5.7 seconds for manual transmission. Faster than Eclipse and regular Skyline.

300zx TT is a quick car with 300HP. Great for drag racing. Not so great for drifting or handling.

Other cars to look at with similar performance are Chevy Camaro Z28/SS and Pontiac firebird Trans Am and WS6. Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4(330HP Twin Turbo V6 and AWD).
coty is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion