What is a good first car for a teenager? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What is a good first car for a teenager?

im 16 and im finishing drivers ed and in about a few months i will have my license and probabbly a car, but i want a sporty affordable car, i wish i could get an audi or bmw as a first car but i know thats not happening . what seems like a good idea to me right now is the new 2010 mustang or an older model, i really dont care much about performance as long as it runs and requires little maintenance and looks good
annawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly your first car should be a clunker. 55% of teenagers wreck or are hit in their first car before they even hit 17 only dropping by 5% for each year after. (till 21) and the other guy is right, an audi or bmw or any kind of "sports" car for somebody your age the insurance would be 2000 or more every six months to a year. I knew a guy that his insurance was 5000 a year for ONE car b/c his son (17) wrecked his '09 rx-7 and you know you still have to pay for the car, even if it gets wrecked, right?

I would highly suggest a used car from a dealer if you want one that was "supposedly" taken care for. Get a small 90s/00s honda or toyota car for less than $5k. like a CR-X a sporty little honda hatchback or a toyota celica or supra.

I had a '99 mustang v6 5spd that sold for only 4k if you want a mustang then go for a 90s stang, '99 had a lot of upgrades and started a new era, i'd go with a '99 or newer.

~Drac
lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well it is best if you get a beat up car to be honest... at my school within 1 month, i witnessed 3 wrecks in the parking lot. A sporty car will have very high insurance costs and might be wrecked if your school is anything like mine.
imported_sid is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion