For those of you who name your cars, do you assign a gender and personality too? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

For those of you who name your cars, do you assign a gender and personality too?

I'm just wondering.

I come from a family of car namers. We've personified cars ever since I can remember, giving them names, personalities, genders, etc. Below are the names, genders, colors, makes and models of some of ours if you're interested.

Current car:
ZsaZsa, Female, Aqua 2002 Ford Thunderbird

Others from the past (mine and other family member's):
The Chimp, Neutral, White 1987 VW Cabriolet
B@st@rd, Male, Dark green 1965 Mustang (this car HATED women, every time a female would get in she would bleed. Seriously.)
Grandma, Female, Tan 1994 Toyota Camry Station Wagon
Graceland, Neutral, Light blue 1989 Camry
Old Ironsides, Male, White 1989 Camry
Alvin John, Male,Navy 1976 Volvo Station wagon
Uncle Bud, Male, bright blue late 70's Datsun King Cab
Aso, Male, Silvery blue early 70's Datsun pickup
Gianini, Male, Green early 70's Volvo Station wagon.
adron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

For those of you who name your cars, do you assign a gender and personality too?

Hey cool question! I had a great ole truck - a 58 Chevy black pickup with a shortbed, smashed in doors, big tires. We called her "Ma Barker" after the famous tough old broad who led her own sons in crime sprees during the depression. She had to be petted on the dashboard before you turned the key in the ignition. When the engine sputtered, we had to sweet talk and encourage her. She liked to have her sides stroked, but most of all she loved my 12-year old son to drive her. She always behaved but liked to hit the holes in the pasture. She loved the freedom and liked to jolt the boy up to the roof. Then she got left alone for a long time, and like Puff the Magic Dragon, she lost her spirit and vitality. I still miss her and my son believes Ma taught him to drive better than I did. Thanx for the memories...
agni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I totally do that.

My silver Lexus IS 350 is a girl named Jill, and my silver Honda Ridgeline is a boy named Rex. Jill is an aggressive little b**** that you can't help but love and Rex is the strong, silent type.
broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I thought all cars were women ^_^ My car is the totoro car it's a black 97 VW Jetta
ramzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I went to school with a Catholic and a Protestant. When we graduated the Catholic got a new Caddy and called it George Washington, the father of our country. The Protestant got a new Lincoln and called it Abraham Lincoln, the savior of our country. I got a '49 Ford and called it Teddy Roosevelt, you rough ridin' S.O.B.

LOL. I just had to throw that one in.
kippar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

=)) - good to know all that - maybe would be useful someday when you just don't find on the net the car names suggestions =))

well why not? personalize the car to be what you want it and you're giving it a PERSONALITY (close to your likings) which is cool and healthy (believing that the car has a personality and a mind of it's own is, however, a different story ).......my car is a female because it just won't listen to plain common sense =)), i always have to use subtleties to get anywhere with it
rexley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

My sister names cars; she usually gives a male name, except when our nephew wanted a female name for his.

I don't think she gives them personalities, though.

But she talks to them and takes them for their "well baby check-ups".

She's currently driving Paul. Alexander died some months ago.

My nephew drove Felicity. My brother drove Wayne, then Carlos.

My mother drives Agatha.

Our vacuum cleaner is Max (I gave him that name for being a "get it done" sort of guy). My sister's current computer is Danny.

I'm typing this on Marvin, but my other computer is Gus (my guy Gus).

Didn't know others did this.
felan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion