Whats a better first car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Whats a better first car?

thanks 1st off lol. ok i need 2 figure out what a better car would be to buy in your opinion.
1.2000 ford mustang gt with 88k miles
2.1999 bmw 328i with 98k miles
3.1991 nissan 240sx with 80k miles
4.2002 Pontiac Grand Am with 60k miles

i still want a fun car and have always loved muscle cars but i dont mind the a nice coupe too. if you have any other ideas too thatd help a lot thanks a lot. and dont feel shy to voice your opinion lol. thanks
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Bad choices all around.

The ford is the best option for reliability, but it is a LOUSY first car both because it has lots of power and crappy handling, and insurance will be steep. I understand your need to power, but you have no experience handling it, so don't go overboard. Save the beast for your next car - your first one will get trashed anyway.

The bmw is actually very slick, but you can expect to pay a fortune in repairs and insurance. Even if you work on cars, parts are not cheap.

The 240 is the perfect example of a first car, sporty, quick, handles nice, and they were reliable. But this is getting really old, low mileage or not, and you will keep putting money into it. But if you work on cars yourself, it's a great choice.

Trust me on this - stay away from grand ams. They are garbage.
h¡varr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The ford mustang and Nissan 240sx are good. The Grand Am is not a very spectacular coupe. you will be disappointed by it and the BMW costs a fortune to fix if it breaks or is wrecked which is highly likely because your a new driver. The Nissan is probably gonna be the most reliable of the 4 options but the mustang I think will probably be cheaper to fix in the event that it does break.
edoardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

the nissan without a doubt, there the best made cars out there and are easy to maintain and are probably the most reliable. the mustang will look nice but will be hard to maintain and expensive. the bmw will be more expensive but im not a fan of bmw's i dont think you get much for your money with them and find there more 'for show'. and the grand am is overrated.

iv got a nissan premeira as one of my cars its done 100k miles and have never had one problem with it and its never failed an mot.
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

i would go with the mustang has the potential to be the fastest...the bmw is overrated and will cost sooooo much to maintain and repair. the 240 is nice but you better have a garage and a good car alarm b/c somebody will try to steal it...at least once if its outside.....and why are you even considering the grand am???? piece o' *****
sowingwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Based on this list of generally crappy choices I'd have to go with the Grand Am. The worst two choices would be the BMW and the Nissan. If I were you I'd look for an older Honda Civic coupe.
albion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Nissan 240SX, because it will last longer than all the rest and you can do several performance mods/exterior mods to make it look really good.
dichali is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion