What are my chances for being approved for auto financing? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What are my chances for being approved for auto financing?

I have been wanting to purchase a vehicle for sometime now. I paid all cash for my first car but for the car of my dreams, i'm going to need to finance. Now i'm not trying to buy an 07 Vette or something, were talking a '67 Mustang Coupe ($7000). If I tried saving up for it, it'd take me all year (don't plan on leaving my current job for awhile) and by then the car *might* be gone. This is not at a dealership. It's a used car lot where the owners sell the cars to prospective buyers through car sales people. So the owners sit back and relax at home till someones interested. I started my first credit card back in August of '05. Since then i've mostly paid my card on time (had two hiccups last year) and I usually pay more than the minimum. My only collatteral is my '86 Chevy Celebrity if that matters. I have a bank account and can easily save $1000 by the end of the next month (taxes). So what do you think my chances are of being approved? Should I pay off my credit card first?
hamdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

If you are financing your next automobile, getting a good deal is probably a top priority. Each year, millions of car buyers obtain bad auto loans. These include upside down loans, loans with extremely high rates, and so forth. Before getting an auto loan, make sure you understand the terms of the loan. Here are a few techniques to help you get the best loan.

Boost Your Credit Rating before Applying for New Auto Loan

Your credit rating will determine the type of auto loan you are offered. If you have bad credit, lenders generally offer a loan package with an interest rate a few points higher than the current average. Dealership financing is the worse in regards to interest rate hikes.

To qualify for a low rate auto loan, improve your personal credit score. Before applying for an auto loan, check your credit. Inaccuracies and negative remarks greatly affect your rate. If errors are present, work to have them corrected. Moreover, do not skip payments to creditors and pay creditors on time. Read more about it at: http://www.credit-card-gallery.com/a..._Car_Loan_Deal
montrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The lender is interested in the 3 C's. Character, capacity capital. Character is credit history, capacity is income and capital is your down or asset guaranteeing the loan.

A car over 10 yrs old cannot usually be used as collateral because of low value. Alternatively, you can dig up 25% down, and with a good credit score and sufficient income, you can get decent financing.

Even if your Bankrupt, there is always lenders who will lend you money but the costs and interest are nothing short of loan shark rates.
bernardas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The hiccups will certainly be against you on the financing front, I'd definately pay off the card first because that will have a higher rate of interest than the car loan and when they look at you for finance thats another liability they see. The Chevy probably won't help too much as collateral (though I would have thought you would sell it when you got the other car and most loans would use the new car as collateral on the loan so that if you default they take that. They will also look at whether you are full time permanent, part time permanent or casual. I had real problems getting a car loan when I was casual, but probably in your favor looking at getting a classic it will only become more valuable. Not sure how much this will help you since I'm talking from an Australian persective and from your current car I'm guessing you are from USA cos I've never heard of it
anselm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Pay off your credit card first. Car purchase can always wait.
Maichail is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion