I want to buy a Mustang, but...? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

I want to buy a Mustang, but...?

I know this question has been asked before, but mine is a bit more specific. I really hope I don't offend anyone with this, because that's not the intent, so bear with me =)

You could say I'm a car guy. I'm not really into driving a flashy, expensive car just to show off; I'm more into owning the car for fun and enjoying it for what it is. I know a lot of girls don't share the same hobby as me, but that's why I'm asking on here

See, I really have this thing for Asian girls, simply because I find them the most aesthetically pleasing to my eyes (I currently drive a cool little Honda Integra [Japanese car]). Funnily enough, I've never actually dated an Asian girl. I've dated black girls, white girls, Latinas, and even one Indian girl, but never an Asian girl =(. Recently, I found a guy who's selling his clean, well-kept 1994 Ford Mustang GT for a price I can easily afford. However, after bouncing the idea off my friends (who are all Asian guys), they seemed to be adamant that driving an American car would drive Asian girls away. In a way, I can sort of see where they're coming from. I mean, a Mustang may give off a false representation of myself as a "redneck," since these cars tend to be at the top of most hicks' "dream car list."

I don't want to assume that Asian girls think a certain way, because that would make me a racist, but my question is this: ladies, if you saw a guy driving a Mustang rather than a Japanese car, would you think that he is "rejecting" Asians by choosing that type of vehicle?
Thanks!

P.S. Comments saying "I don't know anything about cars anyway" would be very comforting, so don't be shy =)
caius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

i'm not a girl but i'm an asian guy. when i see someone in a mustang or similar car i kinda get the vibe of "i'm only into muscle cars and only AMERICAN everything". so they might assume you only like american cars/products/girls etc. it's like you really can't win; if you go with a rice rocket she'll assume you have yellow fever and use it to pick up asian chicks. but then again that's all outside stuff, i'm sure if a girl gets to know you she'll see past your car
quigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

well, keeping in mind that asian girls are nothing but gold diggers...I Would have to say that none would find you attractive if u drove a piece of crap. But in all honesty...find the right girl that doesn't give a damn about what kind of car you drive. thats pretty low itself.
imported_Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Is the mustang in decent shape? Are the seats in good condidtion? Does the AC/heater work? as long as the car is clean you should be fine. No point in dating girls that only like you cause your car is Japanese anyway
Keme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If you want to buy a "Disgust-ang," go for it.

If you want a car that girls like, get a BMW (stands for Bring More Women).

I don't think girls really care about the car as long as it's clean, comfortable and classy.

After all, they don't date the car, they date the man, and the car is just something the man takes care of (which hopefully shows he'll take care of his woman, too).

They are wary of guys who spend too much time on their car because they won't have time to take care of their girl.

If you want to date an Asian girl, just ask an Asian girl out on a date.
aodh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I
think looking for one type of girl based on race is kinda shallow. But to answer your question
I have a lot of friends that want mustangs and they just so happen to live down south. I also don't think the car makes the guy and if she is worth anything she won't care what car you drive.

Ya see a hick as you call them asked Me out and said that he had a mustang I guess trying to get Me to say yes and I thought he was a loser cause he thought so low of Me because he thought the car would help Me say yes

Really if you just be yourself I am sure some Asian girl would like you

Also you should find a girl that knows something about cars so she can be into you talking about what car you have. And maybe if you get a Shelby GT 500 or super snake. Like a muscle car the speed and power kinda makes girls think of you as more manly.

I don't know if this helps but good luck anyway
cormic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I would not think it's rejecting Asian people in any sort of way, no. Granted, I'm not Asian, but I don't see a guy driving a Honda and think, "That guy is so anti-American!" We own a Toyota because it is incredibly reliable. Our lawn mower has a Honda engine because it's the best you can get. It has nothing to do with being anti-anything.
aodha is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion