Do you buy a car because of the name (e.g. Lexus, Mustang), interior, exterior, or price? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Do you buy a car because of the name (e.g. Lexus, Mustang), interior, exterior, or price?

Do you buy a car because of its name, Lexus, Mustang, Cadillac, Camry, BMW???

Or because of the interior, big head/leg room, radio boom boom box, GPS, leather seat, gas mileage, or long lasting motor system...

Or because of the exterior... Red car, Big size, pretty headlight, rooftop, or sporty looks

Or because of the price,,, something on sales, or buy the cheapest car.

How do you pick your car before you buy it?
bizahalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Do you buy a car because of the name (e.g. Lexus, Mustang), interior, exterior, or price?

You buy a car for all of the reasons you list. What classifies as ideal is different to everyone. If you have more expendable income then the name and look is probably top priority. If you don't have money to put down then price point is priority. If you fall somewhere in between then price point and gas mileage is probably at the top of your list. Something else to think about with car manufacturers bankrupt etc., will there be dealerships to service the make/model of vehicle that you decide to purchase. More than anything do your research and be an educated consumer before you purchase.
Devyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Personally, I research the car brand (Honda, Toyota, etc.) and find the one that has the best reliability, the best value for the money, and the best features. But everyone has different priorities in what they want in a car. To some people, color is very important. To others, safety is more important. Here's an article about how to decide what is most important to you:
http://www.used-car-advisor.com/buy-used-car.htm

shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

In order of importance to me:

1. Reliability
2. Design
3. Price
4. Resale Value

I bought a Lexus RX350 because it was super reliable, good looking, price was reasonable, had great resale value and had prestige. But would I have preferred a Mercedes ML350? Sure, but I passed because its reliability is even worse than Hyundai!
Kilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I buy based on purpose. If all I intend to do is haul my carcass back n' forth to work, then a eco-box will do. If I want to haul then maybe a truck.
I also look at budget. Sure a CTS would be nice, but a Civic would do the job just as well. But the bottom line is money. I never buy or look at anything that I know I can't afford. I also research long term reliability & resale. I'll buy a Civic or Sentra before a Kia all day long. If I want a truck, I know a diesel will cost more now, but the resale for it is desireable.
derrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Definately because of the price IM actually looking to buy a car no w so i im going car shopping and i always look at the brand ..but then i realize of course after i buy athe car i can get he car fixed the way i want it to look so the brand isnt significant
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

it all depends on you, if you need a vehicle that has 4 wheel drive, thats a v8 it all depends on YOU!!
stanhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

exterior and mileage
collin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

warranty and price, plus quality
makis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:03 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

name
dumont75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion