BLM Mustang/Horse? ? ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

BLM Mustang/Horse? ? ?

Where would I go or what website would I look at to eventually adopt a BLM mustang or hrose. Anyone know of any good sites where I could find horses for sale in northern California besides dreamhorse.com and craigslist.com. Im looking for a cheaper horse. E-mail is leadmustang@yahoo.com if you have a cheap horse for sale in Nor Cal.
Kilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

BLM Mustang/Horse? ? ?

There's no such thing as a cheap horse. Vet checks, farrier, and feed add up fast. Also, you have to be ready for emergencies. Can you pay for a vet to come out at any time. things happen, hooves crack, shoes get thrown, colic... you have to be financially stable way before you start to choose your horse.
Money first.
T
edoardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

BLM Mustang/Horse? ? ?

Search extreme mustang makeover, it only happens once a year, but they are trained horses that were once wild mustangs. It is a Competition where trainers take a horse for 100 days and whoever trains their horse the best is the winner. anyway you don't have to compete to ge one of the horses, they auction them off after the show for 125 at the starting price, but all of them don't even get bid on. I want to do it but i live in Virginia and cant afford to travel that far to buy a horse. Anyway if you cant find them searching Extreme Mustang Makeover then search for RFD-TV and there is a link on their site.
lucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

BLM Mustang/Horse? ? ?

If you are looking for something cheap, then a BLM horse is not the answer. You need to be well versed in horse training to handle a truly wild horse. If you can't afford a horse, then you certainly can't afford care for the horse right now. I'd save up and wait, or maybe go to a rescue where they can fit you with a horse that suits your abilities.
armond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

BLM Mustang/Horse? ? ?

There was an event in Madison WI, called the Midwest Mustang Challenge, same thing as Extreme Mustang Makeover, I adopted one of the Mustangs from the MMC and he's a great horse, he wasn't fully broke when I bought him, I've had him almost a year, its a lot of work to have a Mustang, be sure you know what your getting into, don't adopt one just to get a cheap horse, bad idea, they take alot of time and money.
arnett5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

BLM Mustang/Horse? ? ?

Go to www.IllinoishorseOnline.com it might be without the online part or www.HorseClicks.com Also you can got to like Ask.com and type in your question and it might help with other sites for you. Good Luck!
Kilian is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion