Possible to do this?!!?!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Possible to do this?!!?!?

Can i trade my 08 scion tc for a used 05 mustang gt...if you know or car about cars/engines you would know why i would want to do this...The scion was kinda given to me by my parents and i hate it...ITS A SCION.... and i would love to sit in this used mustang i saw in my local Budget Car and truck sales. But instead of asking them(the budget people) i would like to ask if this is possibe(not logical) but possible..and how much do you think it would be..I have money...Ive been working all summer. and im sure my parents would offer me some cash...Please dont bash me about this...i know its sounds dumb but o well i have money and power so there!! The summer job just adds to the wealth...
christianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You say this Mustang is on the Budget lot? Was it a rental car before? If so, how many people rented it in the last 2.5 years and smoked its poor rental car tires? How many miles? How many different people abused it in how many different ways? Risky, risky... those rental sports cars.

The Scion tc is new right? Yours free and clear. No mishaps so far? Trouble free. It may not be the status symbol of your dreams, but it IS the better bet. Lightyears more reliable, and still under full warranty.

Nah, I'm not going to bash you. I've simply gotten used to playing for larger stakes... and longer games. The Scion is a more than enviable start! Keep it through college. Trade it for the real toy when you strike off on your own.

Besides, politically, your parents may not ever tell you, but its gonna hurt some feelings if you pawn off their gift. Its a large gift! Besides... could have been worse... they could have gotten you an Xa.
dubv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I can understand why you want a Mustang compared to a Scion, but lets look at the overall picture.

Trading in a new car the first year on average you will loose up to 28% on your investment, if your prepared to take that kind of hit then also check cost factor getting insurance for a muscle car ???, some simple facts for you to consider.

If your interested how a dealer evalueates your trade go to this link on my website http://www.usedcartips.org/TRDE.html
twain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

better idea sell your scion ...then buy mustang...you will get a lot more money...dealer will rape you....scion should sell real good...fast and for good price...
stanwyk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

You would probably need an additional $5000. Depending how your TC is equipped, how the Mustang is equipped, whether either is manual or automatic (manual transmission cars are $1000-$2000 cheaper) and whether that Mustang is pre-owned or used. The new TC is ~$17000 and the 2005 GT goes for ~$20000-~$25000.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

They'll offer you $5-6000 less then what your Scion is worth, and tack the negative onto the new loan.

Sell the car yourself, number one rule in buying a car.

Dealerships LOVE trade-ins because they RAPE people on them.
Matchitehew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

If you wanna and they'll take it then do it...
quin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

yeah that's a guy qustion if you ever ask anything about make up or nails give me a call
auley is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion