Camaro mustang nova fast car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Camaro mustang nova fast car?

ok turning 18 and im getting 5 grand to spend on a car and i was wondering what would be the fastest car i could get for 5k i have seen a couple 81 camaro's and 1975 nova's with 350's in them that look really sharp not seen many mustangs but i was even think about going for a 01-03 mustang for about 9 grand and paying payments i got a job i just dont really wanna go into paying insurance and a car payment but thats why i am asking for some one else to give me an opinion if a old camaro or nova with a 350 in good shape would be reliable for everyday driving so if u guys have some ideals and advice tell me
gruffudd91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Whatever you do you will need to take a good look at the cars you are considering. 5 grand is a lot to spend on that kind of car, so you should be able to find an excellent example. I would go with whichever on is the best deal. A 350 is a great motor, but you should stay away from the throttle body injected versions, as well as any throttle body injected chevy, the heads are crap and, you will never be able to build power. The tuned-port Irocs would be a great car to have. Have fun.
searbhreathach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'd rather see you guys something cheap and economical as your first car in case you crash it.

However if you're stuck on those 3 choices then the Mustang. It'll be more reliable, need less work and be a better daily driver than the other 2 choices. However, keep this in mind..if you're making payments you're going to be required to carry full coverage insurance...and at your age....better grab some lube because you're gonna get screwed lol

Good luck!
myung-dae is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

For 5 grand you might be able to buy those cars but they will run like ****. Save your money if you want a fast car or buy a small honda for 5 grand. You are 18 and you dont need a fast car. You will crash it and get speeding tickets.
sidney16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like you don't know much about cars so I recommend the Mustang. I hope you plan on insurance no matter which car you purchase. Around here you can buy a fast S10 truck with a V8 for the kind of money you have.
ashbbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'm tried of honda lover putting there two cents. they ant that great. if you got five grand check out auto trader.com and you might find something you might like there. the old v8 350 are good engines but they are gas suckers you will be a the gas pumps quit a bit. get something newer
ramzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

your best bet is getting a 01-03 mustang
the old 350s will be a lot of work for a everyday driver
Bearach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I would go with the Mustang, even though I'm a chevy man! But Dave got it right Grand Nationals are fast for a V6, my Uncle had a GNX
iseabail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Want a fast car..buy a Buick Grand National...faster than all those listed
raimondo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion