1994 katana 600 questions? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1994 katana 600 questions?

alright so im looking at this thing, dude wants to trade me it for my 89 mustang conv. the mustang is nice but the conv top was slashed and needs a new one. but the bike looks good its lowered its jetted has a full exhaust but has 25k miles on it.... how long should these bikes last?? is that way to many miles ive heard take the milage and multiply it by three and its equivalent to a car? is that true also
sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 03:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like the 'Stang wash thrashed into scrap! Get the bike & enjoy. Although you have some experience the Kat 600 shouldn't be too small. It's also a good first bike 'cause although it's the GSXR600 engine it was retuned for midrange, so isn't as wild of powerband.

The single biggest factor in how long a vehicle of any kind lasts is how well it's maintained. That's why airlines can use 30 year old jets safely, while we find one year old sportbikes that are ready for the junk pile. Take good care of what you buy, and ride it forever, and that's how you $ave.
hobbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like a good trade provided the bike is in decent shape, you make the car sound like a headache. A katana is a tuned down crotch rocket or rather a low tech one. They seem to last, but heck they all do last if you stay on top of the maintenance. You should be fine to ride the bike, when I was looking for a starter bike for the misses a katana was on the top of my list, they are great starter bikes that you will not outgrow in a year or two.
Nevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 04:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Check Insurance prices before you even think of doing anything, and while you are at it check your license to see if you are already certified to ride a motorcycle. If you have not ever ridden a motorcycle I would say that the bike is way to much for a beginner. I don't know where you live but 4 wheels are much better than 2 wheels especially when it's raining, gets cold outside, when you need to do maintenance...a car is much better to own than a bike if it is all of the transportation you have. Keep the car then look for a bike if you think you really want one. Cheap tires cause accidents! Check the price on good motorcycle tires adn you will find that they cast as much or more than Car tires! I'm 56 and I'm telling you the straight story. I've owned a dozen or so bikes, a couple ATV's, and many cars, as well as RV's, and trucks. If you can't afford both, keep the car!
Matchitehew is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion