What should i do between these options? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What should i do between these options?

i have a 1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE Coupe with a 3.1L V6
i want to get a different car after i turn 16 (i'm 15 right now if u want to know how i got my car, it was given to me as a gift for my 15th birthday from my sister)
i will do one of the following:

1. sell my car and get a loan to get my mom's (that will be mine after the work is done) 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD and get it race built and everything by this shop called High Tuned Peformance which is near Arnold, MO (i live near St. Louis, MO)

2. sell/trade-in my car and get a loan to buy a 2003-2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 and get that fixed up over time by a shop called JMB Performance which is in Festus, MO

3. sell/trade-in my car and get a loan to buy a 2003-2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 and get it fixed up (don't know a shop near my area if you do can you tell me)

4. sell/trade-in my car and get a loan to buy a late model tuner car (ex: eclipse, civic, prelude, integra, etc.) and get it fixed up

5. sell/trade-in my car and get a loan to buy a 1987-2004 Ford Mustang GT or Cobra

6. keep my car and get it fixed up and converted and i will get a loan to get it done

and if you have an idea throw it out there, but please choose one of the above as well and give a reason why
thanks in advance
(i'm a guy by the way and i want power so i can make some extra money on the side to help pay for the monthly payment, if you know what i mean, but i will also have a job)
macdhubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Why not keep the care you have and slowly work on it with money you earn. You are 16. Unless you get mommy and/or daddy to pay for everything, things are going to get pretty expensive fast. I mean hello. You have the car. I am sure it is workable for a few months as it is so you can fix it up slowly, plus you have no payments on it right? You are young and don't want to screw yourself over with a loan and new care with payments. That stuff sticks on your record for 7 years. Be smart keep the car, fix it up as you wish, with NO loan. Sure it will talk you a bit of time to do it that way but it will be earned and more appreciated by you and others. Your 16 don't worry about loans till college or so. If you choose to go.

Be seeing you............
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I would go with opinion 4 first, then opinion 5 or 6
natal is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion