Are Fords really unreliable as their reputations claim? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Are Fords really unreliable as their reputations claim?

I'm planning on getting a 2010 Ford Mustang GT. But many people say its American junk and its unreliable. Is this true, or is it just a rumor?
twrgadarn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2010, 06:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

hahahaha... the guy above has no idea what he is talking about. But since you are looking for a serious answer. in the past that was true but most industry experts believe that the new vehicles that are coming out of both GM and Ford have quality and reliability that is on par and in some cases, surpass the japanese heavy wheights like honda and toyota. so go ahead and get that mustang and be confident that it will last just as long as an import. and it kinda also depends on how well you take care of it. if you get it serviced when it is scheduled and wash it alot, then your car will typically last longer regardless of make. and if i may suggest get a Camaro instead.

NO like i am not joking. I follow the auto industry extremely closely, like religously. I am totally serious. i would agree that chysler is crap, but GM and Ford arent. Look, in just about every quality study done recently both Gm and Ford scored very high were virtually similar to Toyota. So maybe the guy below me should check his facts before he starts talking trash.

the 4th answer to this is talking about a 2008 model and older, but the mustang u are looking at is a 2010 model. i am telling you the truth, look on any review site and you will see that quality of the new american cars are just as good as any import.
innis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Actually the first guy to answer is correct, hahaha

As far as Ford goes, I would feel the safest buy from them from the other two brands (CM and Chrysler). Ford has stepped up and improved it's quality, don't worry too much about hype. I owned a Ford Taurus before, worst car I've ever owned, granted it was a 96, it was unreliable.
But that's not the case with the new Ford's.

So far it's scored a 9.4 from edmunds.com from consumer reviews
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/...merreview.html

Good luck with your buy
albion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2010, 08:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, a family member recently bought a ford expedition that was well serviced and taken care of at the dealer and has already had transmission issues and spent 2500 on a 2008 model year expedition with only 20000 mile, I've also had other experiences, I had a chevy blazer which had issues after 5 years of use , needed to replace engine and trans before 135000 miles, my dad had a dodge ram which he bought when it was 7 years old and it would always catch fire when u started it, now we buy foreign because my dad also owned a Honda civic which he owned for 15 years and has been running without any major repairs, only tune ups and oil changes and it still has the original engine and tranny and still runs great and passes emissions
JosT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Fords are very reliable. GM is too. Ford is just easier to service of you have to. My dad has worked on both all his life. Some of GM's products have left him on the side of the road a couple of times. Ford has always ran great even when it shouldn't have. That should tell you about the quality. I recently got a 1967 Ford Falcon Futura Sports Coupe as my first car. It has the original 289 in it. It would start and run great everytime. You would think it was brand new. We took the engine apart and it was completely worn out, since the people who drove it last (in '75) didn't change the oil regularly. They also beat up the outside and left it in the weather. It survived with rusting. That should tell you how well Ford builds cars.
talmadge80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

haha geta a new cosept torana they are sleek and allround a good ride wish i had 1. lukesmuke@Hotmail.com
wakiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

thats.only.for.GM
esra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion