Legal help. Paid guy from Navy a deposit for car now he wont Answer my calls.? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Legal help. Paid guy from Navy a deposit for car now he wont Answer my calls.?

Hi guys, I really need help on what I can do about my situation.

This is basically what happened. I live in New Mexico and have been looing for an older Chevelle for some time so I sold my mustang and started browising craigslist ads. There was a guy that posted his car for sale in Fresno CA (he lives on a navy base in lemoore). It was a 1970 Chevelle and it looked in good shape. Anyway here are 2 links that e had posted for his car. http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/1212001293.html http://us.simplead.com/ad/10924 So I was talking with him about the car through phone calls and text. He said he was leaving in a week back to MO and he needed the money to fund his trip back. We ended up agreeing that I was going to pay 3250 (half) so he could get the title and other things. I was suppose to meet hm on his way to MO. He said he was going through Albuquerque in New Mexico to get back the MO ....... So I would meet him there and we would meet up and I would pay the rest and he would sign the title over to me. A couple days before we were suppose to meet, we stopped answering my calls and text messages. It would ring but we wouldnt answer. Ive left him multiple emails, tex messages and voice mails since then but nothing. When I did the 3250 deposit, I transfered the mone into his bank account. He gave me his bank of america account number so I have records of all the money transfers I did. I got alot of his info. I got his name, phone number (which is still working but he doesnt answer when I call), Navy command, his recently ex wifes name (she said she doesnt know whats gong on but it doesnt seem like hiim to o something like this), I also have the car make and model along with the VIN number he gave me. I had posted in craigslist after I didnt hear from him about the car asking about information about the guy. I got alot of responses. Many people contacted me about seeing the car on the base and that the guy was leaving and they saw him putting the car onto a trailer. This was the 2 days before we were suppose to meet that they saw him. They gave me what ever info they could about him. I ended up calling the police station there on base and gave them the information I had and they looked him up and the found the car registered under his name and everythign added up. They ended going to his place but saw that he had'nt been there for a couple of days. From there they told me to contact Navy Legal and that is just what I did...and am waiting to hear back from them. Is there anything at all else that I can do? Or can someone help me out with what my options are? I feel soooo bad becasue I paid 3250 dollars. I dont have a car to use right now and have to walk to work. I was hoping this would be a good deal but it turns out it wasnt. If anyone can help me out I would really really appreciate it.
schmaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Hopefully, it's just a misunderstanding. If you have to take legal action you have plenty of evidence.

You're doing everything the right way. Try to be patient. You should get your money back (or the car).
templeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 05:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yah, you chose the wrong answer. Mata's "don't be a moron" answer was more helpful. No one can really help a fool recover his money.
eimhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:17 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

"A fool and his money are soon parted."
--Ben Franklin

Learn from this.
avsalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion