Ltz400 vs yzf450 whats the big deal? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Ltz400 vs yzf450 whats the big deal?

i have a ltz400 raced a buddy with a 450f bill davidson special edition and he beat like if i was racing a 90 i found a 450f regular on that im looking at is there that big of a difference between the two 450s and why is it that only 50cc makes that big of a difference i race cars and i know that bigger motors usally means faster but i have a 302 in my 67 mustang cam,exhaust ETC and i can beat bigger motors with same modes i just think it shouldn't be able to beat me like im sitting still with only a 50cc advantage his is all factory stock
meyer41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

A simple sprocket change would make the 400 competitive against the 450.
But you'll lose top speed in the process.
derik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well, you answer your own question.

Motor size means something, but it doesn't come close to meaning everything.

Take that Mustang - a Peterbuilt semi has a much larger engine, right? Which is faster in the quarter mile?

The 450 is built for speed. Everything from the 5-valve head to the tiny hocky puck of a piston to the crankshaft that weighs less than HALF that of an LTZ - all comes together in a lightning quick package.

The downside is reliability and rideability.

You can have light weight, you can have big power, you can have reliability. You can't have all three in the same engine (yet!).

Your z400 is reliable, it has good power, it is not heavy, but it's not light either.

The 450's are lightweight and have tons of power. They require rebuilds every season, or sooner or later the engine will have a catastrophic failure.

It's all up to choices - for most people the z400 is probably the best possible choice for their riding style and terrain, but darned that 450 power is just so much fun!

Someday they'll make an engine that's got the best of both these worlds - for now we've got to make choices. Or we could pony up and buy the KTM - it's got it all!
colbert31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

the motors are different. the Z400 motor is based on a dirt bike motor,the motor itself it based from the enduro dr-Z400. the DR models are trail bikes with good power but not race worthy power(as being for the DR model the LTZ400 motor was tweaked a little) as for the yfz450 motor that was taken out of a race bike,so it has all the race performance from showroom. so in your language, your rustang (mustang) el oh el...again a POS ricer Honda with a fat can that adds 500hp and cool under glows that add another 200hp... you get the point. but the difference between the 2 yfz are Signature Series front grab bar, special graphics that include his signature and GYTR nerf bars graphics, the standard model is just plain boring compared to the Bill balance edition but stil has the same motor. hope to answered your question.
beverley86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion