Why won't my car sell? Advice PLEASE? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Why won't my car sell? Advice PLEASE?

I'm selling my '05 Ford Mustang. It's a great looking, common car. No problems at all.

I have it listed $1000 below the KBB Private party value.

I've been trying to sell it for a year. It's been on Craigslist and AutoTrader the entire time. I've gotten about 6 people to come look at it, but 3 of them were obvious scams and the other 3 walked away without even making an offer.

Is anyone else having car sale problems? Could it be the economy? Are Craigslist and AutoTrader just completely useless?
pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I sold my car 3 years ago using Autotrader.com

I think the problem today is the economy. Just because you lowered the price doesn't mean people would flock to buy it. There are only certain people that would buy a Mustang. You might have to lower the price even more to attract buyers. I know it sucks but since it's been a year since you've listed the car, prices have fallen. Keep that in mind. Good luck.
imported_darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #3

well in this economy your going to have to go more than 1000 dollars under kbb private party value look around on ebay, craigs list and auto trader and see what the 05 mustangs that are selling are selling for if you want to sell it price it competitive with them and it will probably sell
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

how many mile is on it? take real good clear pictures of it? 2 of each side and 2 of inside car. also put in your vin#
Barnhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

well just cause you got it listed under 1000 of what blue book says don t mean its worth that so first go to ebay look for same car see what others selling for watch sell see how it goes then lower or adjust price
jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

try EBAY!!!
imported_darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

it depends on what people are looking for,,how is the gas mileage
archibald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Times are hard. Not many people can afford to buy a car right now. And trusting one from a private owner at times like this isn't at the top of the list. It's not anything personal but times are hard like i said. If you want to sell this car you are most likely going to have to come down on the price. In the car market you never get back what you put into a car. Soon as it pulls off the lot its worth decreases. You have to look at the mileage, how much someone can get a brand new mustang for now, if you've been the only owner, why you are selling the car. All these things are going to run through a persons mind. I personally am not sure what mustangs are goin for now but i know if i could get a brand new one off the lot for a few grand more than what you are selling yours for i would go with the new one. Look at what other 05 mustangs are goin for. In reality you aren't goin to get what a dealer is going to get for it. Maybe take it off the market for awhile or find a new place to sell the car. I used vehix.com. I've seen cars around here for sale that the person only wanted $700 for the car .. its been sitting for 5 months. I guess it's all a matter of what kind of position your in. If this is a must sell deal I'd drop the price but if its not a big rush hold ur price and give it some more time to sell.
ahiga is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion