Ford Focus CONVERTIBLE - available in Europe but not here in the USA. Why not?!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Ford Focus CONVERTIBLE - available in Europe but not here in the USA. Why not?!?

I would absolutley buy one ASAP! When I found out about this (through 'search&#039, I found there is all kinds of on-line chat from others that are very interested, too. So, I went to the official Ford website to ask - they give room to type in maybe 1 sentence. How infuriating! Did you know there is not one front wheel drive, 4 cylinder, 4-seater domestic convertible being made right now? C'mon, Ford - this is a way to make sales (which you have obviously had trouble with as of late) - WAKE UP! I may be forced into buying a VW Beetle next. The Pontiac G6 is nice, but only offers the convertible with a V6. And I currently own my first (and will be only) Chrysler product - a Sebring convertible (with a Mitsubishi motor) that has kept me broke it is sooo high maintenance. Never again. I loved my '95 Mustang GT convertible (all my Fords have been nice & reliable), but sold it due to gas costs & winter snow drivabilty issues. Sigh. Please back me up: would YOU buy a Focus convertible, also?
arlen44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 01:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Ford Focus CONVERTIBLE - available in Europe but not here in the USA. Why not?!?

Personally, I prefer small wagons...and a Focus Wagon MIGHT be my next purchase...However, you are exactly right about the Focus Convertible. Ford is killing its profitable cars by not keeping them up to date ie Focus, Crown Victoria, Lincoln Town Car, Mercury Grand Marquis, the death of the Taurus...Its maddening watching FORD act like they are actually Trying to go broke!

Another little convertible would sell here...
westbroc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:27 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Hopefully this new CEO of Ford will turn this company around! BTW, I just bought a new 2007 Ford Focus and I love it! I test drove the Fusion and it sucked! NO power! Driving the new Focus makes you feel like you are driving a sports car. Very nice, BUT, I would have loved to have a convertible!
montrell is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion