Ford better than chevy? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Ford better than chevy?

I graduated High School 2 years ago and I have friends who are still in High School. Even though they are seniors.... I feel that they are extrememly immature... especially when the conversation regarding chevy or ford as top dog arises. I personally believe that all makes of American automobiles are the same they each have their ups and downs. Typically my friends will take the opportunity to bust my balls and say that ford is better because they survived our economic crisis so far. I can agree that for the past 15 years or so, chevy has really been slacking on the quality of their vehicles other than the sports cars trucks and sport SUVs. Does this however mean that Ford is better because their assets were more valuable? I wouldnt think that would be any indication over quality of manufacture or performance because I know that a new Corvette or Camaro will run circles around any Mustang. (Not to mention those cars get all the babes.... unless you live in the backwoods featured in deliverance where "a purty maouth" is all that counts.)
eimhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Ford better than chevy?

not exactly chevy is always better than ford, i think that the only reason why ford makes it is because their cars are cheap.
rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ford better than chevy?

ford vs chevy is a personal matter and all of us can come up with why.

as far as ford surviving better than chevy or dodge, there are lots of factors involved in fords survival. we all forget that 4 years ago ford was so desperate for money that they had to sell off profitable divisions like Hertz Rent A Car and Hertz Equipment Rental to raise cash to survive.

if ford had not done so it would have gone under.
kolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Ford better than chevy?

the way i see it fords are for playing in the mud and Chevy's are for putting to the floor. an f150 stock came higher than a chevy 1500 stock. always has. fords perform better off road in my opinion, and chevy's look good slammed with rims. in my opinion as long as it aint a piece of **** dodge or some jap crap it's got potential to be a good truck. it's all personal perspective.
bitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ford better than chevy?

If Ford can come up with a car better than the Camaro or Corvette than it would be better. until then, Chevy.
jerad9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ford better than chevy?

I prefer Chevrolet over anything.
Fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ford better than chevy?

a car line is only as good as their least expensive model, especially the ones ppl can afford these days

ford focus vs the aveo (american revolution my butt, made in s korea), or even the cobalt
berkeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ford better than chevy?

Ford has a better build quality.
anselm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ford better than chevy?

As far as business goes sure Ford beat out Chrysler and Chevy, You would need almost a business degree to see how hard Ford has screwed customers when is comes to loans, and how a lot of really bad internal business decisions Chrysler and Chev board members have made.
As far as the best car made for power and suspenion performence I have to go with the Vette, it even beat out the viper. and both cars stomped the Mustang, But the price and popularity of the stang have beaten the others. And as far as best for simplicity is the Chrysler line over all. Diesel is the dodge Cummings. And 4x4 is the Jeep unless you can count the Striker, LOL
achazya63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ford better than chevy?

I am a mechanic at a chevy dealership but I drive a dodge. All cars have pros and cons the issue isn't who is better its who can make a car that everyone likes everything about. That is impossible to do. There is no way to please everyone, one person will like ford because they think they are better on gas and another will like chevy cause they have more power. So it all boils down to you and what you like and want don't let someone talk you out of buying a ford or chevy or dodge because they say another car is better all the makes have their down points and they all have their good points. So buy what you want and if anyone say that you should have bought something else just tell them to shut-up because I guarantee that if you look hard enough at their car you could find something bad about it that your car doesn't have a problem with. Working on cars like I do I have seen that chevys are a little easier to work on then fords but i am sure if you asked a ford mechanic the same thing he would say the same thing about chevys.
Derby is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion