Y do ppl like american cars better than japeneses cars...? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Y do ppl like american cars better than japeneses cars...?

i wood always think that japanese is always better because there cheper and more afordable then american cars because they dont break down as much as american cars do... like i would choose a 1994 nissan 300zx Twin Turbo over a 2009 mustang GT any day... thell me what u think...
primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
tod
Registered Member
Regular

they.dont

hence.why.GM.is.bankrupt
and.toyota.isnt
tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I currently own a Japanese/American car (Accord made in Ohio), but I have owned a number of American cars too. Ford's customer satisfaction rating has gone way up in the past few years.

You are way off base about Japanese cars being cheaper - you can get a new Fusion or Malibu for less than a comparably equipped Accord or Camry. Look at the real prices, not sticker prices, they don't mean much.

A couple of things for you - a Chevy Aveo is not an American car, it is Korean, made by the company that used to sell cars in the US called Daewoo. That web site only lumped it as American because Chevy sells it.

Also - on your earlier question, the Lincoln LS is not FWD, it is RWD, if that helps you with your decision process.
allister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Hi there.

It's all to do with Technology really. You know ergonomics, yeah?
Well in ergonomics you have to make sure the people are the right size.
If you look at an average American, versus an average Japenese, the Japenese is going to be shorter, because of their build. Americans are normally tallish, and therefore they prefer the bigger cars.
Also, Japenese cars are small and "cute" in style, while Americans have big and "butch" in style. eg: Hummer.

Hope this helps.
coty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Obviously you have a preference toward non American cars, and that's fine. And you may know some who disagree with your preference. But that doesn't mean that "people like American cars better..."

Do you have some statistical information that shows that American cars break down more often, or cost more? Probably not since there is no evidence to support your opinion. But as I said, having it is fine, just don't try to make it some kind of universal law.
eder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Haha I agree with the above.

In reality though it's because you're living in America...

I also don't know where you're getting the idea that Japanese cars are cheaper. With the incentives out there for American cars, you can usually get one well below MSRP.
fitzsimons85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Because fewer cars are made on such a massive scale in America, people believe that more care is put into each one.
Also, as many major fashion companies are funded or majorly marketed in America, people believe that the cars are better.
meyer41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Patriotism, I guess.
currito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:16 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

because its America cars there way moor better!!!
trystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:15 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Okay, honestly, choosing a 94 Nissan 300zx over a 09 MUSTANG GT? That is probably the most stupidest thing that I have ever heard in my entire life. Performance wise the GT wins, 5.1 0-60; while the 300zx has between a 5.6-6.0. I find it funny how they can never get an accurate result with those numbers....? Oh wait, that's right, it was made by assembly line workers in Hiratsuka, Kanagawa, Japan. Japanese workers are notorious for doing a poor job when assembling automobiles. But you know what, you can actually VISIT the Mustang assembly plant in Flat Rock, Michigan, and meet the people who built your car. And to go onto your other example, I read below that some guy is saying that his Aveo isn't even American, made in Korea. First off, what difference does it make if its made in Korea? It was intended for the JAPANESE MARKET. Tokyo is a very urban city last I checked, and literally every single person drives a compact. Then, one day, America decides that it's fashionable to drive fuel efficient; so what do they do? Turn their backs on the Big Three and buy Jap Junk. I can say it a million times people: THERE IS NO UAW IN JAPAN. You know what? We happen to pay OUR workers FAIRLY. For every car that GM puts out on average $1700 goes into JUST a retirees health care and pension. Then, you go down South, to look at this idiots "American/Japanese" car. IT IS A JAPANESE CAR! You imbusile, listen to these numbers: If a unionized domestic car manufacturer builds cars, the average hourly wage for an assembly line worker is $25-30 an hour. Times that by an 8 hour day. The can usually make around $216 a day, correct? Then look at an Accord factory worker. 8 multiplied by 6.55(Minimum wage). 52.44 a day. Huh. Which one REALLY benefits the economy? The UAW workers have health care and retirement. The Accord plant workers DO NOT. WHO CONSUMES ALL OF THE PROFITS FROM THE ACCORD? HONDA....where do those profits go? Japan. Japanese economy benefits, not us. Like I said before, when GM pays a wage, they aren't JUST paying a wage. They are also giving away almost all of their share of overhead. Its complete stupidity to say that an Accord, or any Japanese-American assembled car has the right to be known as an American car. It's incredibly insulting. Now, I'm not trying to base this argument on ethics, but really guys, whenever you buy a Japanese car, you literally make one UAW retiree make a choice between medicine and food. Was it always that way? No. Domestic cars have always been stronger and more reliable than Japanese cars for decades. The Liberal media has clearly brainwashed all of you buffoons. Making up complete b/s about reliability of foreign cars does not help your cause. Someone show me how much more reliable they are; because I have been around cars far too long to just listen to some jackass on here run his mouth about his Prius lasts longer than a Malibu.
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion