Are 2011 Camaros dangerous? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Are 2011 Camaros dangerous?

Im about to turn 18 in november, and I'm thinking about buying a Camaro. My mom might be helping out with the insurance to cover whatever car I buy, but ill be paying for the rest. It would be my first car, so obviously I need something safe. I keep hearing that Camaros are dangerous for new drivers, and in general because of where its airbags are located, is this true? I was also considering a 2011 mustang or a honda accord coupe, would either of these be safer and more reliable than a Camaro? Thanks
derwynn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

My Dad has a 2011 Camaro and a 2009 Mercedes SLK. Personally I would prefer the Camaro, I'd feel more safe in that than in the SLK. I think I'd choose the Camaro out of the Accord and Mustang

Hope this helps
dumont75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Camaros are no more 'dangerous' than any other car on the road today. In most cases, it's the driver that you have to watch out for.

You need to take a serious look at what the average teenage driver has to pay for insurance on this car, or any other 'sporty' 2-door coupe. If this is to be your first car, you'd be better off with a nice clean used Honda or Toyota 4-door sedan. Boring, I know, but much less expensive for insurance, and probably all-around safer too.
bald is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Alicia Brennan,

The 2011 Camaro has dual-stage frontal, and thorax side-impact, driver and front passenger, and head curtain side-impact, front and rear outboard seating positions and it includes a Passenger Sensing System. These airbags are designed to keep you safe in the event of a crash, not to harm you. The 2011 Camaro also comes with 6 months of Directions and Connections plan from OnStar which includes Automatic Crash Response, Emergency Services, Crisis Assist, Stolen Vehicle Assistance including Remote Ignition Block, Remote Door Unlock, Turn-by-Turn Navigation with Destination Download (requires navigation radio) and OnStar eNav (where available), OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, Roadside Assistance, Remote Horn and Lights, and Hands Free Calling. These extra features that OnStar provides are also there to keep you safe. In the unfortunate event that you get into a car accident, the OnStar system will know and alert authorities to make sure you are safe and provide you with medical care if needed.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service
beshiltheeni is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion