Saturn Sky (08) or Chevrolet Camaro (10)? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Saturn Sky (08) or Chevrolet Camaro (10)?

So the Saturn got discontinued in 2008, because of Pontiac going out of business. (I think)

http://www.automotivetodays.com/wp-c...turn-sky-4.jpg

And I'm assuming you all know what the 2010+ Camaros look like... If not, shame on you.

There's the regular Sky and the Sky Redline. The regular gets 177 HP (2.4) and the Redline gets 260 HP (2.0). Surprisingly, the Redline gets better gas mileage, due to the advanced motor using Direct Injection, whereas the regular Sky doesn't.

Saturn Sky Redline - 19/28 MPG
Chevrolet Camaro - 18/29 MPG

So basically the MPG is the same... The Sky has a four cylinder engine, whereas the Camaro would have a v6... So I feel like the Sky could potentionally pull better MPG.

0-60 times...

Sky Redline - 5.5
Chevrolet Camaro - 6.0

Just a couple more things... Don't bring the 2011 mustang into this. I know, the 2011 Mustang is a beast. It has gotten better reviews than the Camaro and definitely the Challenger. However, I'd hopefully be getting the 2010 Camaro used. I feel like I'm getting a better deal this way. And I'll be getting whichever car next year around May for my graduation present from my parents. So I'm sure it would be hard/impossible to find a used 2011 Mustang.

Also, no talk of v8 engines. I'm not a fan of v8 engines. If insurance was free, gas was free, and I had as much money as possible, sure. I'd get a v8 Camaro. But for right now, sticking with the practical v6.

So which do you think would be better? ONE more note. The sky looks like a beast in silver in real life. I saw one in the town I live in today at Walmart, and I was just blown away. The Camaro looks amazing too, though. But I also could keep in common, the Sky is much more of a rare care. Camaros might get as common as Mustangs soon...

Thanks for your opinions!
walthari81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Very Simple, Chevy Camaro, better preformce car.
anselm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Im a total saturn fan, ive owned 3 of them, but honestly u cant compare a saturn sky to a camaro. Camaros have been along for the longest time, whereas saturn came out with the sky only 3 or 4 years ago
Zimra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #4

Neither. If you are so concerned with gas prices, why not buy a hideous Prius... just kidding.

Seriously, both cars are ok, although I admit that Camaro SS is quick. There is this guy in my neighborhood who has the Camaro that is modified by Hennessey and it looks much better than stock ones.. There's gotta be a legitimate reason why the Saturn Sky got discontinued. I think Saturn Sky doesn't look that good to be brutally honest.
Xarles is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion