Ford will stay with Fusion for 2013 Cup car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Ford will stay with Fusion for 2013 Cup car?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-Series-070311

Well everybody assumed they were going to go with the Mustang (including me), but looks like they picked the Fusion. Now it's making me think what GM and dodge will pick, we all know Toyota will go to Camry.

So your thoughts?
Ekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 01:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

why can't Ford be cool and use the Mustang? hopefully Chevy and Dodge will use the Camaro and Challenger
beverley86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

To answer your question - Yes, but I don't think there is a gnat's hair difference in the various "models" regardless of manufacturer being raced these days. Doesn't matter if they paint or stick Fusion, Mustang, Camry, Avenger, Impala, or any graphics on the car - any NASCAR car.

Today most American stock cars may superficially resemble standard American family sedans, but are in fact purpose-built racing machines built to a strict set of regulations governing the car design ensuring that the chassis, suspension, engine, etc. are architecturally identical on all vehicles. Ironically, these regulations ensure that stock cars are in many ways technologically less sophisticated than standard cars on the road. For example, NASCAR (the largest stock car organization in the U.S.) requires carbureted engines in all of its racing series, while fuel injection is now universal in standard passenger cars.

Modern racing "stock" cars are stock in name only, using a body template that is vaguely modeled after currently-available automobiles. The chassis, running gear, and other equipment have almost nothing to do with anything in ordinary automobiles.

The main differences in any models today, IMO, are the graphics, the driver, and the pit crew - last two being the meaningful ones, of course.
Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 02:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Kinda sucks I guess, since I'd prefer they use their more racing like vehicles than just the ones that sell more (most likely cause they are cheaper). But its their decision, & we'll just have to live with it.

GM according to some rumors would run the Malibu & Dodge & Toyota would stick with what they have now.
achazya63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I am cool either way. I have a mustang and a fusion in my driveway, so either one works for me. I would even be cool if they brought the taurus back in Nascar.
imported_sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

ya spankey hear that too. thank gosh brain did not screw that up spankey say
coburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion