What Sports Car should I get? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What Sports Car should I get?

Hello, Im looking to buy a new car. Ive been driving for a few years and my Honda Accord....Well it's a Honda Accord lol. Im looking into getting a sports car, keep in mind im almost 18 and im a male (using mums Yahoo LOL.) I was really looking into the 2012 Ford Mustang GT the thing looks BEAST with that 5.0l 412 HP V8. And it looks like you can get the most bang for your buck outa that. But any other sports car suggestion? Im really not interested in a Dodge, chevy's are okay but Imo the Commaro has just gone down hill in recent models even with the upgraded v8's, Plus I dont care for the body style much It jut to boxy for me.

And yes i checked insurance it should cost around 300-340/ month.
quin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

The Mustang is really a piece of junk. Yeah, it's the best you can do for the money in terms of HP per $, but it's just not a good car. Our next door neighbor (70 years old) bought one and he drives it like an old man, and he's had nothing but trouble with it. For instance, the doors don't close right because they're so long and heavy they distort the hinges!

I think a Solstice might be nice, or a Saturn . . uh . . I can't remember the name of their little 2-seater. Either of these you'd have to find used. Or a Mazda Miata. I wonder what a used Porsche Boxter goes for these days. That would be about the ultimate.

Do you ever watch Top Gear? They did a drag race between two GREAT old sports cars from the 60s, a Jaguar XKE and an Aston Martin DB5 (the James Bond car) and a Honda Accord. The Accord was faster than either of the sports cars! (They sure are beautiful though!) The Accord probably handles better too! The cheapest cars of today handle and brake better than all but the nicest cars of 30 or 40 years ago.
camden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

How about an american make sport car like this one here ->

or lamborghini ankonian (2016)
->
and more info ->http://www.carshowp.com/the-2016-lam...vche-tenevski/

Heu... Lamborghini Reventón
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

is there annnny questions ? a freakin 240sx ! where have you been at ? there cheap to buy , cheap to build and repair , and fast as **** . look on craigslist for one you like in your area .

if you were looking for something newer the chrysler 300 srt8 are fast as ****tt , they have v8's in them buut there luxury cars .
milward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Aston Martin db7 or any Morgan.
camden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

the new camaro its more powerful
birney44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

The new mustang looks beautiful on paper, but it becomes an incessant nuisance in any cornering. The camaro is far too expensive for what you get. You only included american makes in your question, but the Mitsubishi Evo, Subaru Impreza wrx sti, and Honda S2000 each could beat any of the cars in your question. A 2 year old Evo with 40k miles would be about $25k, less than the GT, and I've witnessed that car walk on hundred thousand dollar italian supercars. Overall, go for a lightly used evo, for your money there is no better car, anywhere, to go fast in.
abiram is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion