How should I deal with my sister and her boyfriend? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #1

How should I deal with my sister and her boyfriend?

My younger sister constantly criticizes me and will often get her boyfriend to join in. I'm so tired of dealing with it. Last Friday we had dinner together and the entire time she and her boyfriend kept making fun of my car. She kept calling it nasty and ugly, saying she hates going anywhere in it because it's a piece of crap. Her boyfriend kept arguing with me about the amount of horsepower and torque and kept saying it was slow and that I don't know how to drive it. This went on all night.

Needless to say, I'm pissed and don't really wanna deal with either of them. Everyone says it's jealousy and to ignore it, but I can't when the two of them are ganging up on me. It's annoying and aggravating. And it's not just with my car. It's with everything - my job, my apartment, my relationship, my clothes, my cooking. No matter what it is, the two of them have to jump all over me and criticize me.

And just for the record, I drive a 2002 Mustang that's in nearly perfect condition and is always immaculately kept. My sister drives a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire that's got dents, scratches and peeling paint, food smashed into the seats and carpets, smells horrible, and is practically falling apart. But I never say anything negative about her car. And her boyfriend drives a Ford Focus that has a whopping 130 hp.

How should I handle this? Tell them off? Start making fun of their cars? Race them?
adamik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

No, telling them off or making fun of their cars isn't going to change anything but more drama. If you want it to stop you need to tell them that 1) They're not allowed over to the apartment they mock. 2) They're not allowed to ride in your car they mock 3) They're not allowed to do anything with anything of yours they mock.

Some people are just brats. If they hate your stuff that much, tell them to stop enjoying it with you.
yitzchak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

If your gonna race them do it legally at an open drag strip and when they make fun of your car return fire make fun of theres in return same thing happened between me and my brother he drives a 05 wrx impreza I have a 2012 mustang we raced we argue but all in good fun they probably do it becauseyou don't give them return fire
Shadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #4

def jealously your car.. owns heres
waquini is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion