Would this be a good first car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:45 AM   #1

Would this be a good first car?

I need to buy a car in the next 3 weeks before school starts ill be a senior in high school. I was looking into mustangs and I really want one but my price range is 5k and I cant go over that. So I found some 2000-2003 v6's for 4k around 80k miles. I would really like to have the v8 though but I cant find any in my budget newer then 97 with around 100k miles. My question is how reliable are mustangs around 100k miles? Is it worth it to buy a v8 1997 mustang or just get the v6 but newer?
Alrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 01:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

the V6 Stangs really aren't that great cars. they're not fast, they handle like crap, they use a decent bit of gas, and it's a pain the @ss when driving in snow(if that's a problem where you live). most of these usually go haywire at about 120k, sometimes less depending on who took care of it before you. honestly, even the Mustang GTs have issues once they get to be about this mileage. however, parts will be cheaper and you'll actually have some performance.
cuarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly older mustangs don't have much going for them. They lack performance, reliability, and to be completely honest with you are ugly. The newer ones aren't bad, but your talking about the two previous body styles. If you get one between 2000-2003 with a V6, your basically getting a pontiac grand prix. They are made cheap, its that plain and simple. 5000 is actually quite a bit of money to find something nice. If its pure performance your looking for, maybe not, and I promise your not going to get that with a mustang.
agni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #4

Oh man...Mustangs suck. They break down often, seem too small inside, and are ugly. I'm going to be a senior on Tuesday and I know nobody at my school drives a mustang. They all drive the following:
Taurus
Focus
Civic
Explorer
other small cars.
I will be getting a Mazda 3 in October for my 17th birthday but that is more than 4k so I suggest looking for an old civic or corolla, an Aveo, focus, or cobalt.
Rayder is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion