I have a 1992 Mustang Gt and want to upgrade to a newer mustang what year would you suggest? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2011, 04:45 AM   #1

I have a 1992 Mustang Gt and want to upgrade to a newer mustang what year would you suggest?

The fox body years have good horsepower but crap suspension and clunky shift. What year from 2004 and down is the best GT auto trans.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 05:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 1992 Mustang Gt and want to upgrade to a newer mustang what year would you suggest?

2012, everything before that is crap
pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I would say to go for as new of a Mustang as you could get. The 2004 isn't bad, but if you wanted to go all out I would say go for a 2012. I've driven a V6, and it was an awesome car to drive. The seat just envelops you and you can feel the power you have at your finger tips.

My personal new favorite is the 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang. They haven't made this car for over 40 years, but they brought it back, with a 5.0L V8 DOHC with around 440 horsepower. It comes with a sexy red and black paint job as well. But it only comes in a manual.

I would suggest to go for as new as possible, and if you could get a 2006 or 2007 it would be better than a 2004, however they're all pretty good cars.
Felten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 07:01 AM   #4

Im gonna agree with Lana, we're not 15 anymore. Another good choice is a Mercury Marauder from the mid 90's. Same 32v 4.6 and they have a really nice following too.

If you are going for a Mustang I strongly suggest a 4.6 . There are alot of vehicles that used this modular engine so there are alot of parts out there for it. I know its tempting to look to the new ecotech v6 w/turbo but you have to think about the long run and how that equipment is gonna hold up after 150k miles. get yourself a 24v 4.6 mustang and if you wanna sink some exta $ into it then grab yourself an edelbrock e-force super kit and blow out 500hp. it'll run ya like $5k but its great stuff.
Darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Time for a Grown up Mustang. Get a Lincoln Mark VIII LSC All the power, rides nice, can be had cheaper but fully stocked with leather & power everything. The car has the 4 valve 4.6L v8 from the Cobra with 290hp out the box. http://youtu.be/L-pCOQf_cUY

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com
http://lincolnsofdistinction.org/
http://youtu.be/uOw0-96mOpk
felan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

i got an 00 GT last november for a daily driver and gets 21-23.999 mpg and is fun to drive
its the sohc motor but still 260 hp of hell raising fun and and still get 21 mpg .
the harder i drive it the more i like it !
duck-young is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Tags
1992 mustang