How to convince my dad to get me this car ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-24-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How to convince my dad to get me this car ?

Okay before you start the rude judging stufff just read first. Alright im 17 years old & im a junior in high school. I've had my license for a little over a year and i've been driving since i was 12. I got my first car when I was 16 which was a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT automatic. I've got the car in January & a few months ago in August it randomally caught on fire , it was just sitting in our driveway but it got totaled . So my dad told me the next car I get will be brand new and nice. Well I really want a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS. I saw one a few days ago for sale. I told him about it & he was like no no no no no no . He's afraid the same thing will happen again since they are the same car. But it's newer so I would think it would have improvements. As of right now hes planning on me getting a new 2012 ford mustang v6 for christmas or early 2012. But id rather have the eclipse.
what do you think?
kolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

stop looking at old crap cars, you dont know anything about anything , to prove it try using spell check check ok? Your dad is right mitsubishi is one of those cars thats ok when new, but after the mileage gets up there they are well known for engine/transmission and electrical problems (can cause fires ) You are out of your mind to take an old car over a new mustang, your dad and a lot of us think you are frigging out of your mind. Its not like you even have to pay for the car, someone offers you a nice car and here you are whinning for cheese and crackers? or what? you want to be treated like an adult, show up in a new mustang, act like a man and be glad you have a dad who is trying to give you nice cars. Not everybodies parents do that, and anyone of us whinned like you would have already had our butt whipped too.
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe you should look up reviews of this "new" car you want and compare it to the reviews of the "old" car you had. and also talk to people who have this car. do all you can to show your dad that you have some knowledge about this car and just because the last one was a dud, doesnt mean this one will be too.
cormic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2011, 01:42 AM   #4

how about a newer eclipse?

and if you live anywhere with snow, the mustang will be a nightmare

cars dont just spontaneously combust, so your old eclipse might just be a 1 in a million

if you live in a snow state look into the 2012 subaru impreza or even the new ford focus...

dont bother with a mustang because thats only asking for trouble at your age
Xarles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:44 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Get the new car your lucky he's even getting you a new car this one won't be a piece of crap the other car the eclipse will have less running time meaning it would most likely break down and tell your dad to get the v8 it American muscle not v6
bressal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

The Eclipse is garbage. The 2012 Mustang has a 300 horsepower V6 that gets 30mpg. Mustangs also have a reputation for being reliable.

Just a word of advice: If you have a chance to get a brand new car for free, take it.
JosT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:06 AM   #7

Eclipse's are garbage. alot to insure, slow, crappy mpg, just bad all around. the mustang would be soooo much better. that is an awesome car. I wouldn't think twice about getting one if i had the chance
gormley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:08 AM   #8

Just get a 2012 Ford Focus and we'll call it a day. Its a great, class leading car.
Burnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:47 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
You dad is offering to get you a 2012 Mustang? And your saying no? For an eclipse??
You need to learn some things about cars before making this decision. You dad is right, the same thing will happen.
Eclipses from that generation were not built very well, and you would be lucky if that thing would make it to 100k miles.
Go with a newer car, even if its not the mustang, otherwise you will just be wasting more of your dad's money.
ayawamat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion