parkjng spot! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Memphis
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 155
parkjng spot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	386756_10152157833998475_684251716_n.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	84064

I often do this in the back of lots, minus the chalk!
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Bahaha
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
My thoughts on this

1. If you are out in the middle of no where by yourself it does not matter if you take up 10 spots or 1 you are not bothering anyone.

2. You are drawing attention to yourself "look at me double parked!"

3. You are asking for said attention to be negative (keying, pranks)

4. If you are parking some where far out where no one else parks then.... why double park as no one parks there so it doesnt matter dur.... just park next to the curb spot if possible

5. If you are double parking where others would like to park then thats 100% wrong and you are simply asking for karma to kick your butt.

6. If you single park out in the middle of no where to avoid others parking next to you (aka idiots who would mess up your car) many see this as a sign of "I am better than you" and will mess with your crap or park their POS next to you.... there is no way to win here you just have to risk it people are idiots generally
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Can't argue with Spector. I usually find another Mustang to park by because I figure my chances of them being respectful of my car are higher than anything else.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Unless there's no other cars around I park by myself
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: California
Posts: 916
Me too. I usually park a mile away when there's a lot of cars in a parking lot
__________________
Full Exhaust, Full Bolt Ons, Full Suspension and Much More..

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Memphis
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 155
I used to like blending in like it doesn't bother me, but not even after a week of having mine, there's a dime size ding under my passenger mirror. Can't trust nobody I say!
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
i hate double parkers lol...i park alone, but never double park
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
cheelyb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwandrewz View Post

I often do this in the back of lots, minus the chalk!
Wow.lol.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
lawl
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I don't trust anyone, i was sitting in my car once and someone pulled in next to me and opened their door and propped it on my car... I just looked at them with a "WTF?" look on my face. The only thing that held me back was that it is a truck with dings all over it already. When i get my mustang no one is ever parking next to me, or else if they do ding it they are gonna lose a side mirror.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
There is a seperate parking lot for the automotive section at Walmart and no one is usually there if they are I park in the back and hoof it lol
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
I don't trust anyone, i was sitting in my car once and someone pulled in next to me and opened their door and propped it on my car... I just looked at them with a "WTF?" look on my face. The only thing that held me back was that it is a truck with dings all over it already. When i get my mustang no one is ever parking next to me, or else if they do ding it they are gonna lose a side mirror.
I'd open a can. Even if I was in my truck. That is just so disrespectful..
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
There is a seperate parking lot for the automotive section at Walmart and no one is usually there if they are I park in the back and hoof it lol
when i use to be the shop manager at my local walmart our store manager never let us park back there lol...we had to park opposite the store and walk all the way..so we ended up just parking in the very back of walmart to keep our cars safe
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
My thoughts on this

1. If you are out in the middle of no where by yourself it does not matter if you take up 10 spots or 1 you are not bothering anyone.

2. You are drawing attention to yourself "look at me double parked!"

3. You are asking for said attention to be negative (keying, pranks)

4. If you are parking some where far out where no one else parks then.... why double park as no one parks there so it doesnt matter dur.... just park next to the curb spot if possible

5. If you are double parking where others would like to park then thats 100% wrong and you are simply asking for karma to kick your butt.

6. If you single park out in the middle of no where to avoid others parking next to you (aka idiots who would mess up your car) many see this as a sign of "I am better than you" and will mess with your crap or park their POS next to you.... there is no way to win here you just have to risk it people are idiots generally
Well said!
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

I'd open a can. Even if I was in my truck. That is just so disrespectful..
I was just in awe that they would prop their door on my car when me and my friend were sitting in there looking at them.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #17
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

I was just in awe that they would prop their door on my car when me and my friend were sitting in there looking at them.
Where I used to work there was a nail salon next to us and the old women would slam their doors into other cars.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
cheelyb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

Where I used to work there was a nail salon next to us and the old women would slam their doors into other cars.
Oh hellz no.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
I had just gotten my 2013 5.0 2 weeks prior to this. parked my car in a spot at the end. with barely any room to park on the very end. come back and low and behold someone parked there and opened / hit my car with the door. so I start kicking the 2002 piece of **** till I realized I'm being an *******. so I just stopped could have been worse
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #20
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford
There is a seperate parking lot for the automotive section at Walmart and no one is usually there if they are I park in the back and hoof it lol
Good ol tire and lube section. Thats where us cool people park lol
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
cheelyb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
I had just gotten my 2013 5.0 2 weeks prior to this. parked my car in a spot at the end. with barely any room to park on the very end. come back and low and behold someone parked there and opened / hit my car with the door. so I start kicking the 2002 piece of **** till I realized I'm being an *******. so I just stopped could have been worse
I know how you feel, I would have done the same thing.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
jdavis96gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,014
The wife hates going to store in mustang, not much room in trunk and I parkfar away.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
cheelyb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis96gt View Post
The wife hates going to store in mustang, not much room in trunk and I parkfar away.
I'd just make you go get the car while I wanted in front of the store.hehehe.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
jdavis96gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheelyb09 View Post
I'd just make you go get the car while I wanted in front of the store.hehehe.
We don't take mustang to store that often. Between stereo in trunk and booster seat + car seat, not much will fit lol.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
DerekJohnScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheelyb09 View Post

I'd just make you go get the car while I wanted in front of the store.hehehe.
I hate that just as much. Cars right in front of the entrance picking up someone because they are too lazy to walk to the car, after walking all over the store. I just want to walk right into the side of someone's car when the do that. I understand when the weather is bad, but it other wise it should be illegal.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
ShelbyGT500B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Woodstock
Region: Georgia
Posts: 375
I hated parking in a parking lot in Oklahoma because of the wind. It's always somebody who let the wind push the door and hit somebody else car and run. Smh. Im glad I moved away. Now that I upgraded and moved to Ga I park by myself.
ShelbyGT500B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott

I hate that just as much. Cars right in front of the entrance picking up someone because they are too lazy to walk to the car, after walking all over the store. I just want to walk right into the side of someone's car when the do that. I understand when the weather is bad, but it other wise it should be illegal.
What about people who ride the handicap scooters because they're fat?
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProudSixxer26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

What about people who ride the handicap scooters because they're fat?
Ha
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
DerekJohnScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

What about people who ride the handicap scooters because they're fat?
Hate that too. Those are for people with real disabilities.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
cheelyb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

What about people who ride the handicap scooters because they're fat?
Lmfao. How dare they.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
LavaRedGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
There is a seperate parking lot for the automotive section at Walmart and no one is usually there if they are I park in the back and hoof it lol
That's what I do
LavaRedGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
joey18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Corona
Region: California
Posts: 876
I usually find parking spaces on the end and get close to the curb that way i have space next to the car on one side. And that way i know there will only be one car parked next to me, like the photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130121_224859.png
Views:	82
Size:	574.8 KB
ID:	86771



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130121_224400.png
Views:	85
Size:	531.8 KB
ID:	86765



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130121_224634.png
Views:	86
Size:	996.6 KB
ID:	86769



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130121_224740.png
Views:	86
Size:	566.4 KB
ID:	86770
__________________
joey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:51 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.