Mk4 supra vs 03-04 cobra - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
fastest stock terminator I know if is 12.6 @ 114 (or 116 not sure 100%) but most run high 12's low 13's stock (traction limited sadly)
MM&FF ran a stock termi into a 12.4 in one of their issues back when they did a comparison of the termi versus the 99-00 cobra.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-976923188.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	284.9 KB
ID:	85823
Xaperez100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaperez100 View Post
!!!!!
Wwhhaaaa??? I wouldn't even think twice if that was real Lol. Am sure typo
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13 View Post

Wwhhaaaa??? I wouldn't even think twice if that was real Lol. Am sure typo
And it says third row seating? might be a girl who owns it or someone in need of money
Old 01-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And it says third row seating? might be a girl who owns it or someone in need of money
Lol yea saw that. Probably
Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol yea saw that. Probably
Crazy cheap though and in my area! Might go check it out lol have myself a second car;p
Old 01-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Crazy cheap though and in my area! Might go check it out lol have myself a second car;p
Cheap ?? More like free Lol
Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Cobra is the best bet in my opinion. It's a mustang it's supercharged easier on the motor faster than the turbo supra stock and it rumbles
Marc3.71994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Cheap ?? More like free Lol
Seriously might as well be! Supras still go for brand new car prices! Lol
Old 01-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc3.71994 View Post
Cobra is the best bet in my opinion. It's a mustang it's supercharged easier on the motor faster than the turbo supra stock and it rumbles
Not what the discussion is about
Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #81
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13

In which is what i said.. Not 12.1
who said 12.1?

Supra sucks, cobra wins. End of discussion.

To the guy above with the na supra, holy crap those things are slow.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Lol^

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

who said 12.1?

I love both of these cars so much it's unhealthy I should have never made this thread
Old 01-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not what the discussion is about
Oh Never mind then haha
Marc3.71994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

who said 12.1?

I take it you've been beaten once by one since your just speaking pure opinion in which also keep to yourself if your gonna be rude about it.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc3.71994 View Post

Oh Never mind then haha
Lol all good. I know your just rooting for the stang

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post

I love both of these cars so much it's unhealthy I should have never made this thread
Its a great thread.. Imo.. I love to see actual facts over opinion . Some ppl just give opinion and try to back it up with specs rather than actual experience
Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #86
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13

I take it you've been beaten once by one since your just speaking pure opinion in which also keep to yourself if your gonna be rude about it.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Lol all good. I know your just rooting for the stang

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Its a great thread.. Imo.. I love to see actual facts over opinion . Some ppl just give opinion and try to back it up with specs rather than actual experience
Nope. Haven't seen any quick ones run long enough to run lol. My car isn't stock but I haven't seen any full weight supras run 11's with less than $1500 in mods.

I fail to see how a 13 sec car is faster than a 12 second car.

You are on a mustang site, of course we are going to be biased. At least the stats go our direction.
Our's:
Old 01-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

who said 12.1?

Yeah it is ungodly slow. When I get my hands on it i am going to dump some money in it. I will probably see my mustang and put all the money into the car. You can get a mustang a dime a dozen. Not the case for the Supra.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post

Yeah it is ungodly slow. When I get my hands on it i am going to dump some money in it. I will probably see my mustang and put all the money into the car. You can get a mustang a dime a dozen. Not the case for the Supra.
Supras are very rare cars. And don't come cheap at all.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #89
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel

Yupp, I love the body style. Dated a girl that had one till I realized it was na...sadly that is a true story.
Our's:
Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Supras are very rare cars. And don't come cheap at all.
I don't really think the Supra's were that great looking of a car. Its the older brother to the Celeca. Way faster but the big brother on steroids. Not that great looking of a car. As fast as those cars were and potential added power and performance why didn't they last selling them. Why did Toyota not keep them in there production line if they were selling so many. Yes, there fast but it ain't no American muscle pony car. There is no real heritage of that fast a$$ foreign job.

As fast as that sucker is and they are fast, it died out in the 90's. Even the Z cars are still around but not the Supra. Why? Consumers want more than fast, they want more than boost and turbos. They want something that turns heads, hear coming down the road and mustangs turn heads. Nobody gives a hoot about some Turbo Supra except the ricers. It sounds like a tin can turd out of the exhaust system of those foreign sports cars.

The Supra doesn't have the personality and smooth style of the Boss, GT, Gt 500, Old Terminator Cobras. Its all about the look and cars like the mustang turn heads and are loved.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I don't really think the Supra's were that great looking of a car. Its the older brother to the Celeca. Way faster but the big brother on steroids. Not that great looking of a car. As fast as those cars were and potential added power and performance why didn't they last selling them. Why did Toyota not keep them in there production line if they were selling so many. Yes, there fast but it ain't no American muscle pony car. There is no real heritage of that fast a$$ foreign job.

As fast as that sucker is and they are fast, it died out in the 90's. Even the Z cars are still around but not the Supra. Why? Consumers want more than fast, they want more than boost and turbos. They want something that turns heads, hear coming down the road and mustangs turn heads. Nobody gives a hoot about some Turbo Supra except the ricers. It sounds like a tin can turd out of the exhaust system of those foreign sports cars.

The Supra doesn't have the personality and smooth style of the Boss, GT, Gt 500, Old Terminator Cobras. Its all about the look and cars like the mustang turn heads and are loved.
Mustangs are the Americans choice of car. They have been made consecutive since the 60's. unlike camaros;p
Lol but idk why supras were discontinued. I personally like them. But I'd rather have the cobra. More ballsy.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mustangs are the Americans choice of car. They have been made consecutive since the 60's. unlike camaros;p
Lol but idk why supras were discontinued. I personally like them. But I'd rather have the cobra. More ballsy.
Totally agree they were more conservative of the pony cars and compared to other American Muscle cars. When you drive down the road in a Cobra or Gt500 or Boss, other motorists stare and are like wow that's a Cobra or Boss. It commands a certain level of bad a$$ness and awesomeness. Even the Yale dude driving the BMW who aren't into performance autos is staring at a GT500 or Boss.

Some ricer driving a Supra pulls up next to the average motorist and they are like look at the foreign ricer auto. They have no clue on how fast that Supra is and don't really think its cool. The stangs are cool, sexy and fast. Even the slow stangs are sexy looking and cool.

While the Supra is a bad a$$ super fast car it just really never took off in sales and the model was killed. Consumers wanted more than fast.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

High production costs, high car insurance, and back in the 90s, Toyota wasn't a strong brand in the US like it is now so people couldn't justify buying a $30,000 Toyota
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post

High production costs, high car insurance, and back in the 90s, Toyota wasn't a strong brand in the US like it is now so people couldn't justify buying a $30,000 Toyota
So why hasn't Toyota brought it back in the turn of the 21st century . Since Toyota is a strong brand now and has been since the year 2000, why haven't they brought it back to compete against the Z car? The insurance couldn't be any more than a mustang, camaro, challenger, charger, 370z, Corvette, etc.

There rare cars alright. Because people didn't want them back then so not many were produced.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nope. Haven't seen any quick ones run long enough to run lol. My car isn't stock but I haven't seen any full weight supras run 11's with less than $1500 in mods.

I fail to see how a 13 sec car is faster than a 12 second car.

You are on a mustang site, of course we are going to be biased. At least the stats go our direction.
Idk about that much money needed to break 11s and yea i would expect the attention to go in the mustang way .. But i have been around imports and domestic long enough to know true stats
Old 01-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

Totally agree they were more conservative of the pony cars and compared to other American Muscle cars. When you drive down the road in a Cobra or Gt500 or Boss, other motorists stare and are like wow that's a Cobra or Boss. It commands a certain level of bad a$$ness and awesomeness. Even the Yale dude driving the BMW who aren't into performance autos is staring at a GT500 or Boss.

Some ricer driving a Supra pulls up next to the average motorist and they are like look at the foreign ricer auto. They have no clue on how fast that Supra is and don't really think its cool. The stangs are cool, sexy and fast. Even the slow stangs are sexy looking and cool.

While the Supra is a bad a$$ super fast car it just really never took off in sales and the model was killed. Consumers wanted more than fast.
Totally agree
ShelbyGT500B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Totally agree.. But part of that hate comes from stupid ppl ruining the import reputation by making a supra look like a ricer .. The mustang has a certain appeal to it so its sexy

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote:

So why hasn't Toyota brought it back in the turn of the 21st century . Since Toyota is a strong brand now and has been since the year 2000, why haven't they brought it back to compete against the Z car? The insurance couldn't be any more than a mustang, camaro, challenger, charger, 370z, Corvette, etc.

There rare cars alright. Because people didn't want them back then so not many were produced.
Its not because of demand.. I think the rights were bought out and also Toyota is investing more on lexus.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Totally agree.. But part of that hate comes from stupid ppl ruining the import reputation by making a supra look like a ricer .. The mustang has a certain appeal to it so its sexy

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Its not because of demand.. I think the rights were bought out and also Toyota is investing more on lexus.
Well I don't know anything about the rights being bought out. You may be right on that. I wonder who bought the rights? I would think Toyota would be investing in any model line if it was selling or they thought it had a promising future for good sales. Not just Lexus. Its odd Toyota would sell the rights to a vehicle that was in high demand making money for them.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well I don't know anything about the rights being bought out. You may be right on that. I wonder who bought the rights? I would think Toyota would be investing in any model line if it was selling or they thought it had a promising future for good sales. Not just Lexus. Its odd Toyota would sell the rights to a vehicle that was in high demand making money for them.
Yea Idk y they would sell their rights but i think that's the reason for not producing it anymore. I think they didn't expect to bring it back and with no rights can't even think about it
Old 01-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea Idk y they would sell their rights but i think that's the reason for not producing it anymore. I think they didn't expect to bring it back and with no rights can't even think about it
Well they could maybe produce another vehicle like it just change the name. Produce another vehicle with easy modding and upgrading power availability like the Supra.

Who would want to buy the rights to a car that hasn't been produced in like 15 years? If the car was in high demand by consumers then I would think the company or person who bought the Supra rights would bring back the car.

If Toyota sold the rights it must not been a profitable vehicle and demand must of been very low. Companies typically don't stop making a product that is very profitable for the company. Typically companies produce products to make a profit or hope they will make a profit.

It would be like Ford stop making Mustangs. If there is a demand and profit to be made on them , then production will continue.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well they could maybe produce another vehicle like it just change the name. Produce another vehicle with easy modding and upgrading power availability like the Supra.

Who would want to buy the rights to a car that hasn't been produced in like 15 years? If the car was in high demand by consumers then I would think the company or person who bought the Supra rights would bring back the car.

If Toyota sold the rights it must not been a profitable vehicle and demand must of been very low. Companies typically don't stop making a product that is very profitable for the company. Typically companies produce products to make a profit or hope they will make a profit.

It would be like Ford stop making Mustangs. If there is a demand and profit to be made on them , then production will continue.
I remember their plan was to stop production like dodge did and bring it back but after a few years i think its when they sold the rights . As far as making money am sure they got their cut. As far as who bought out the rights am not sure but it would probably have been audi . Toyota owns both scion and lexus so that's their main investment . The new frs and brz is what i believe their new smaller counterparts to a easy to mod tuner
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #102
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I think we can come to the conclusion that the only reason a Supra is fast is because of the twin turbos, if you TT anything and run enough boost you will get a massive amount of power. And it all depends on the race, in the 1/4 the Termi will most likely win with the same driver, go to about 1/2 or a full mile and the supra will pull because the turbos will be spooled up. All depends on the race and driver for which one is faster stock for stock.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I think we can come to the conclusion that the only reason a Supra is fast is because of the twin turbos, if you TT anything and run enough boost you will get a massive amount of power. And it all depends on the race, in the 1/4 the Termi will most likely win with the same driver, go to about 1/2 or a full mile and the supra will pull because the turbos will be spooled up. All depends on the race and driver for which one is faster stock for stock.
Heck, I'm sure if one put a twin turbo in a 5.0 or terminator it would keep up with the TT supra
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Heck, I'm sure if one put a twin turbo in a 5.0 or terminator it would pass by and laugh at a TT Supra

fixed

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Agreed..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion